Author Topic: SOLD: Leatherman Skeletool Cx  (Read 4667 times)

Offline BH

• View Profile
SOLD: Leatherman Skeletool Cx
« on: April 16, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
SOLD
Hello All!

I've got a Leatherman Skeletool Cx that I wouldl like to sell.  This is the premium version with the DLC coated frame with Carbon Fiber integrated into the handle.  Blade is the more premium 154CM steel.  This is absolutely new, and I'm only selling because I ended up with 2.  I've owned several leatherman tools (ask Troy, he saw me whip out my Charge Ti, i told him it was the Leatherman Sebenza :))  This one is the most carryable and is very minimalistic, with a Very sharp blade, Pliers with all the normal functions (wire cutters, wire strippers.....)  Screwdriver with interchangeable bits, one bit stores in the handle, so you have 2 flat head sizes and 2 phillips sizes, and they now Lock in their socket, rather than be held in by spring tension ala Wave, Charge, Surge models.  Bit kits can be purchased from Leatherman.  It also has a pocket clip,and carabiner/bottle opener (this will come in handy on the weekends!!!).  This is very pocketable, not like the other leatherman's with clip.  No larger than a large folder.  I carry a Large Sebenza and this one is very similar in size.  I went to Target Tuesday night, and they had the non Cx (bare steel, 420J2 blade) and it was $69.99.  I'm only asking $60 + $5 shipping ***SOLD*** (Shipping will be waived if you're local... Troy, Griff  ;)).  I can't post pictures since I'm in a hotel in Iowa for work, but can upon request on Friday.  Please e-mail me if you have any questions or would like to buy.

Thanks,
Brian
bb.huber@gmail.com

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:14:25 PM by arewethereyetdad »

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
Re: Leatherman Skeletool Cx
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
I have the Regular one (to be featured in GearNinja.com) VERY nice product. Leatherman finally produced a properly designed and balanced multi-tool at the right pricepoint.

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
I would like to buy it.
Em  sent.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:45:56 PM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
| B e d a  z z LED | ||'""|""\___
| _____________ l ||__|_|___|
(@!)!(@)"""""**|(@) (@)**|(@)

Offline BH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:05:13 AM »
I would like to buy it.
Em  sent.

This one is sold pending funds.  EM replied to.

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »
Damn, I sent him $65 right after reading his PM. (Before checking this thread). I was out of town due to family crisis.

Edit  - on this date:

Skeletool
Sent to: knot on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:17 PM

The day after your response in this thread, he asked if I were still interested. I sent instant payment the next day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:23:33 PM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline BH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
Damn, I sent him $65 right after reading his PM. (Before checking this thread). I was out of town due to family crisis.

Edit  - on this date:

Skeletool
« Sent to: knot on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »

The day after your response in this thread, he asked if I were still interested. I sent instant payment the next day.

I can understand how you see this differently than I do.  You e-mailed me on Tuesday that you would take this, that you would buy, as well as posting here.  You then asked if I would accept paypal. Below is the text of your e-mails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leathernan
4 messages
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GeeWizz <geewizz@gmail.com>  Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM 
To: bb.huber@gmail.com 
Hello, this is "knot" from the flashlight forum. I would like to purchase the leatherman tool. Will Paypal be ok?

Brian Huber <bb.huber@gmail.com>  Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:12 PM 
To: GeeWizz <geewizz@gmail.com> 
Hi "knot"
Paypal is fine. I will need $65 total with shipping. If you want
insurance, that will be $3 extra. Paypal addy is bb.huber@gmail.com

Thanks,
Brian

[Quoted text hidden]
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

Brian Huber <bb.huber@gmail.com>  Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM 
Hi Knot,
I just want to confirm you still want this.

Thanks,
Brian

[Quoted text hidden]

Brian Huber <bb.huber@gmail.com>  Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM 
Hi Knot,

I'm not sure if you still want the tool, but because of no response since your initial contact with me, I'm going to have to move it on to the next person.  I'm sorry, but need the money.

Sincerely,
Brian

I also sent a PM, this is when you replied

Re: Skeletool
« Sent to: BH on: April 18, 2008, 06:26:19 PM » Quote Reply Remove  

Sorry, I had to go out of town on moment's notice. I will send Paypal immediately.

I had already e-mailed you that It was already sold to the next person in line.  I'm very sorry for your family emergency, I sincerely hope everyone is OK.  You then sent the paypal. 

I honestly thought you had second thoughts because of your lack of response, I had 2 other buyers in line, and the sudden lack of communication led me to believe you didn't want it. I'm sorry about that, and I hope there is no hard feelings. 

Sincerely,

Brian

[Quoted text hidden]

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:28:43 PM by BH »

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
"Assuming" is not the wisest option. If I don't want something, I don't vanish - I reply.

Please refuse/refund payment.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:13:48 PM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline BH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
"Assuming" is not the wisest option. If I don't want something, I don't vanish - I reply.

Please refuse/refund payment.

You are correct, "Assuming" is not very wise, and I try not to do it, though I did in this instance. 

When dealing online, poor communication is not good either. 

I sent the $65 back this morning. 

I am truly sorry for how this happened, If I would have somehow known the circumstances of your lack of response, I would have never sold it out from under you, but I didn't and had other people wanting it.  I didn't have any idea of if or when you would ever respond to me again, and made a choice to first let you know via e-mail and PM of my decision to sell it to the next person in line wanting it.  After I sent these messages stating my intent, You still sent me the payment for it after I no longer have it.

Again, I'm very sorry for how this went down, and in no way had any intent in trying to cheat you out of a deal.  There is no set standard for how long one should wait for a response before you move on, but I feel I waited a sufficient amount of time before I went to the next person.  I would expect the same thing to happen to me if I didn't respond for 3 days.  I know you had an emergency, but I had no way of knowing that.  I did what I felt was fair and I'm sorry you don't agree.  If I come across another one, I will be happy to pass it your way. 

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
I'm not exactly new around here and do have a purchase history here and I'm the only one who responded. You didn't state you had listed it elsewhere. Oh well - win some, lose some. It's not something I would buy unless it was for the price you offered.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:39:11 PM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline BH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
Knot- If I come across one of these at this price, You will be the first to know.  I've been buying and selling on many forums for quite some time now, and never do I state that it's on other forums.  Either way, want to appologize again for how this happened, If we ever enter into a deal again, I will now know that you are a man of  your word, and would not back out of a deal. 

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
All right, I think you two have stated your positions clearly.  This item is apparently sold, so I'm closing the thread.  Brian, in future listings, it would be a good idea for you to state that you prefer PayPal and also that the first "I'll take it" AND an immediate PayPal payment will secure the item (or something to that effect).  That will prevent a future problem like this.