Author Topic: SOLD ! X-RAY ATTACHÉ  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
SOLD ! X-RAY ATTACHÉ
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »
OK. Now I'm adding the three palm torches from my old Lights  Ad...
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=4144.0

I had this made up custom out of aluminum T6 Alloy and Poylcarbonate.
Top notch hardware. Two keys included. Fabulous for showing off your Lights, Watches, Knives or other toys at Meets.
Asking $167.00 $155.00 shipped to USA. +$18 for Europe addresses.
Paypal > VivieYen@Mris.com
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:30:43 PM by Aten_Imago »

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: Price Drop! X-RAY ATTACHÉ - The COOLEST BONUS Perk!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »
So why is it called an X-Ray attache when you don't need an X-ray to see what's in it?  :icon_scratch:

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
Re: Price Drop! X-RAY ATTACHÉ - The COOLEST BONUS Perk!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:42 PM »
It's a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that items clearly visible through the clear sides appear as obvious as though an opaque case was being viewed on X-Ray apparatus. So think of it as a 'previously X-Ray'd' piece of luggage  :D. I have a second identical one that I'm keeping- I throw all my small carry-on stuff in there- iPod, camera, phone, electric shaver, toothbrush, powerbars etc. Airport Security invariably grin from ear to ear when they pull it out from the X-ray station since it looks LIKE the X-Ray itself- See what I mean ? ;)
I used to take mine to Knife Meets. I had special inserts laser cut to hold product on both sides, so they wouldn't shift around- but could still be clearly seen through the sides! Beats a garden variety OtterBox or Pelican case- besides, I don't intend to go diving with my collection of toys. The gusseted lip  easily turns this case into a waterproof box with the addition of 1/8" foam pipping .
The fabrication quality is top notch. Made in England. Hand inspected- hence the cost.
Only caveat is you do have to realise that the surface will scratch if it's mistreated.
I'm selling it and other stray cats because even after my move, I have too much stuff around! >:(

So why is it called an X-Ray attache when you don't need an X-ray to see what's in it?  :icon_scratch: