Author Topic: D3 Defender.. sweet!  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
D3 Defender.. sweet!
« on: December 10, 2006, 03:47:39 AM »
So apparently there ARE some D3 Defenders out there with the latest updates. I never really liked the Lexan bezels (scratch too easily IMO, although I think Surefire's super-Lexan-coating as on my SRTH renders it tremendously hard), and the old style clip on the D3 without the little loop at the end.

What a surprise when I opened up TacticalSupply.com's D3 package and found a Pyrex bezel, new style clip, and new stock batteries with 2015 expiry dates. Given that the batteries have a 10 year shelf life this means the D3 must have been packed in 2005. WOW!!

Opening up the E1W Winelight also reminded me of the day I opened my first E1e.. my first ever SF. The packaging is similar and the light is the same except for a different color. Styling is that of the E1e, not the classic E1.

I haven't appreciated lights like this for a long time.. in fact maybe for the past six months. It was getting to be routine, ordinary. Just use the lights, and not often, either.

Kudos to Tactical Supply for letting us get our paws on these, shipping internationally, and being a great communicator who kept me updated throughout every part of the shipment process. Such personalized service is hard to come by in this day and age. :)
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: D3 Defender.. sweet!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 05:12:25 AM »
We need pics!
Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd".
-PSM

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:31:55 AM »
that rug really tied the room together...

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:46:39 AM »
:D :D

Coming...

Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 02:35:56 AM »
Awesome pics, that D3 is sweet alright!  :thumbup:
that rug really tied the room together...

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »
Geo, let's move this over to Hotwire or General.

Codeman

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:15:56 PM by Codeman »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »
Moving to hotwires-

perhaps I should have gotten one of those D3s!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »
I should have snagged one of these.  What is the difference though, between a D3 and a 9P?  :icon_scratch:

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 02:45:53 AM »
I should have snagged one of these.  What is the difference though, between a D3 and a 9P?  :icon_scratch:

Dave

I think just the clip.

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 10:00:07 AM »
Pretty much just the clip.

Actually looking at things in perspective, I think I am done and that it is time to take off for friendlier skies. This may be the last party I throw for the lights, and I'm glad to have made it a good one. Love the E1W and the D3 but I also feel that my time with the lighting community is up. It has been coming as I have alluded to before.. some would be glad to see my back, too.

Geo.. there may be an opportunity... when my collection hits ebay :(

(PS: Nothing to do with moving the thread.. it would be better in incan)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 10:14:14 AM by Lightstream »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »
LS - lets hope if your collection goes on the block that you still stick around - exciting things are always around the corner!

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »
Actually looking at things in perspective, I think I am done and that it is time to take off for friendlier skies. This may be the last party I throw for the lights, and I'm glad to have made it a good one. Love the E1W and the D3 but I also feel that my time with the lighting community is up. It has been coming as I have alluded to before.. some would be glad to see my back, too.

The father of the ROP?  Well Mr. stream, personally, I hope you stick around too.  :thumbsup:

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 03:32:26 PM »
Thanks guys...I appreciate it.. it's good to be reminded that there are the good folks worth staying for :)