Author Topic: LionHeart quit working  (Read 12250 times)

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
Re: LionHeart quit working
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 07:50:22 PM »
Can you let us know what the upgrade?

What a surprise.  I discovered the package just after I posted. I love the upgrades.
Thank you. I sending a PM.
Scott

NO!!!  Then EVERYBODY'LL want that!

hee hee

you didn't install the Bulk HID upgrade to HIS light did you?  Thats what I wanted! :(

(now that would spank the Torch - Mac would be busy catching up !)
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline wallyrulz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »
Can you let us know what the upgrade?

What a surprise.  I discovered the package just after I posted. I love the upgrades.
Thank you. I sending a PM.
Scott

NO!!!  Then EVERYBODY'LL want that!

Too late! :P

Offline wallyrulz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »
ummmmm, would you believe my lionheart stopped working?    :o

oh, didn't think so.  :D

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
ummmmm, would you believe my lionheart stopped working?    :o

oh, didn't think so.  :D

Is that the one that you lost? ;) - wonder whatever happened to it?
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline iowatollah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »
Mr. Bulk replaced the switch which had shifted and caused the LionHeart to not come on.  In addition he installed the Cubs V2 UI.  Also a new luxeon !!! that is whiter and brighter.
Beyound the five position notch ramping I was wondering what if anything else the V2 might offer.
Thanks again Mr. Bulk.
Cheers, Scott

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
Mr. Bulk replaced the switch which had shifted and caused the LionHeart to not come on.  In addition he installed the Cubs V2 UI.  Also a new luxeon !!! that is whiter and brighter.
Beyound the five position notch ramping I was wondering what if anything else the V2 might offer.
Thanks again Mr. Bulk.
Cheers, Scott

:headbang:

Offline richslaney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Damn,

I'm one of you customers who bought one of the original LionHeart HAIII lights (plus 4 x Pila batteries / Charger and additional 168a Battery tube).
The light has been superb, and alway delivered the goods (always been so proud of it, and it may be sad class it as a special and treasured item). Anyway, my wife was using it the other night to take the dog out and out of the blue, it just stopped.
I've tried another bunch of Pila 150A batteries and nothing.

Any ideas?
Could the LED has failed or the driver?
Is there any way I can test the driver (ie with a volt test meter etc)?

Is there any upgrades recommended to both fix and upgrade it to current spec?

I've looked on your 'darkgear' site and it looks like Mr Bulk you hasn't been doing any lights in years, is this true? Anyway, I've PM'd him on here and sent him an email.
Anyway, I hope I can get it sorted out as I feel lost without it. It's features were always superb and I use the variable power and the momentary feature all the time.

Regards,

Rich Slaney
richslaney@hotmail.com

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »

Try Scott Clawson at:  scott@quarryrun.com  I'm sure he can diagnose and repair your tresured light.  He could also upgrade your emitter for you.  More Power!  :thumbup: