Author Topic: Problems with UltraFire WF-502B  (Read 2845 times)

Offline nopeda

• View Profile
Problems with UltraFire WF-502B
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »
Hi,

I just want a decent strong flashlight with rechargeable batts that is dependable as much as a flashlight can be. A guy I work with has an UltraFire WF-502B and when I asked if he ever had problems with it he said no. Since he had it for several months I figured it must be a decent product so I bought one. It kept up its brightness until one or two battery charges and then was never nearly as bright again. It started giving me other problems too a week or so after I got it. When I'm using it it will either get dim on its own all of a sudden, or it will start strobing. When I contacted UltraFire hoping it would be possible to buy a replacement end piece or something they blew me off, saying it was an imitation. So am I supposed to believe there are people making these things and putting UltraFire's name and logo on them but they're not UltraFire? And UltraFire doesn't do anything about it??? I got the thing through Amazon and told the service person at UltraFire but he acted like he doesn't care.

I just want a good, bright, dependable flashlight activated by a button on the rear and with rechargeable batteries. I don't care about the strobing or any of that. Can anyone suggest a dependable light like that's about the same size so it fits well in my tool pouch and NiteIze headband?

Thanks for any help with this!
David

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with UltraFire WF-502B
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
I would try a different battery to make sure you don't have a battery problem.

The second thing I would do is to take off the bottom end cap where the switch is and look at the metal retaining ring around the spring, if you see 2 holes take a long nose pliers and put the tips in the holes and twist it to tighten the retaining ring. The retaining ring is what holds the spring, the switch, and rubber boot in the switch housing and if the retaining ring gets loose it will cause the switch to malfunction, not work, and sometimes switch modes.

I don't own any UltraFire products or UltraFire batteries, but that's my personal preference. I would recommend a light from 4sevens.com and AW Protected batteries, while you may pay a little more the quality and customer service is far better. 

Aloha,
Bill

Offline nopeda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
I would try a different battery to make sure you don't have a battery problem.

The second thing I would do is to take off the bottom end cap where the switch is and look at the metal retaining ring around the spring, if you see 2 holes take a long nose pliers and put the tips in the holes and twist it to tighten the retaining ring. The retaining ring is what holds the spring, the switch, and rubber boot in the switch housing and if the retaining ring gets loose it will cause the switch to malfunction, not work, and sometimes switch modes.
Thank You! I tried it and it was loose. Since I tightened it the light has not gotten dim or switched modes again.

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
 8) Cool  8)  Hope this takes care of your problem.

Aloha,
Bill