Author Topic: NEW MODERATORS  (Read 9637 times)

Offline Shade

• []D [] []\/[] []D
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MODERATORS
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 02:30:10 AM »
The place hasnt burned down yet.......

.....yet

Just remember the customer is always right....the customer meaning me I mean

absolute power corrupts absolutly so from now on you must type with one hand tied behind your backs just to make it fair
I've come to chew bubble gum and kick flashlights....and I'm all out of bubble gum

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 04:55:53 AM »
Actually we do not ban - not right off, anyway.  There is a progressive "Warning" system, whereby once warned you then have to have each post reviewed by one of us before we publish it (*For* you), and if no further issues come up in a short but defined time period, you revert to normal status.

But if a second warning happens during this time then more restrictions come up.  Don't recall right now what they are (we've never had to warn ANYone since y'all's been behavin' so good anyhow) and hopefully we never have to find out!  It is all in the software which has been tested and refined over several hundred other forums, some of them many times larger than either us or another flashlight forum, so we have a good, solid and proven "autopilot" system already in place.

So unlike some places where it is a short and straight path from the finger of an all-too-human moderator - who arbitrarily "perceives" a slight, however technically correct it may be - to the Ban button, our is a system of checks and balances that serves to keep bias and personal prejudice out of the equation. :headbang:

Is that a bit like the '3 strikes & you're out' system?  :angel4:
'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 05:05:03 AM »
That's right, Cyril, and you've already got two.   :rotflmao:  Jes kiddin' of course.   :D

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 07:00:26 AM »
...so from now on you must type with one hand tied behind your backs...

I think some guys end up doing that when "surfing the net" from time to time...:naughty:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 07:57:55 AM »
:rotflmao:
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 09:45:25 AM »

I think some guys end up doing that when "surfing the net" from time to time...:naughty:

Well, sheesh, with some of the avatars around here lately can ya blame 'em?   :laughing7:

Offline Shade

• []D [] []\/[] []D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 11:42:17 AM »

Well, sheesh, with some of the avatars around here lately can ya blame 'em?   :laughing7:

lmfao
I've come to chew bubble gum and kick flashlights....and I'm all out of bubble gum