Author Topic: NEW MODERATORS  (Read 9638 times)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
NEW MODERATORS
« on: November 02, 2005, 10:42:18 AM »
After much thought and deliberation we have decided to add two more Moderators to our FF ranks as some of our present "staff" have been experiencing their share of problems accessing the internet.  And in particular it appears Sonic may be not be able to join us for an extended period.

Thus I am happy and proud to announce that we will have, in alphabetical order -

AreWeThereYetDad moderating the Flashlight Components Forum, and

Geologist moderating the LED Mods Forum.

While AWTYD has extensive child-rearing experience and thus we look to him to apply his hard-earned knowledge to maintaining civility and order here, Geologist will also prove tactically invaluable as he is in a different part of the world and will thus be awake and hovering over FF, pulling nightwatch guard duty while the rest of us 'mericans snore away happily, secure in the knowledge that Geo is keeping matters well in hand each night.

So "Welcome Aboard" guys, we are confident you will do us proud as you go about your new duties - in a Fair and Impartial manner, of course...:headbang:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MODERATORS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 01:12:46 PM »
Thank you Chameleon Commander for your vote of confidence.  My first order of business will be to slap this sorry bunch of troops into order.  Nah, just kiddin.'   ;)  Seriously, I'm honored and flattered to take on the responsibility, even if it IS the sleepy little Flashlight Components section, which is akin to somewhere like Omaha, NE, where nothing ever happens to rock the boat.  Let's just see.....

Ha!  Thanks again.  See you on the forums.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »
slap this sorry bunch of troops into order.

Is that parenting skills or were you a drill seargant in a former life?  I am new at this parenting stuff - may need some skills!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »
slap this sorry bunch of troops into order.

Is that parenting skills or were you a drill seargant in a former life?  I am new at this parenting stuff - may need some skills!

Ha!  I wasn't ever a drill sergeant, though I did spend a summer in ROTC Basic Training at Fort Knox, KY.  AND I watched a lot of Gomer Pyle, USMC.   :laughing7:  Nah, most of that attitude comes from child-rearing.   :laughing6:

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 02:11:42 PM »
Well GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »
Thanks Pyle.   :laughing7:

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:49:34 PM »
Hm, seems like it's just these two new mods heads a-growing bigger & slapping their own backs here or what?  :bootyshake: :laughing6: :laughing9: :laughing7:

Congrats to the two of you anyway & remember - With power comes great responsibility!  :icon_thumright:
'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 02:52:50 PM »
Hm, seems like it's just these two new mods heads a-growing bigger & slapping their own backs here or what?  :bootyshake: :laughing6: :laughing9: :laughing7:

Congrats to the two of you anyway & remember - With power comes great responsibility!  :icon_thumright:

Cyril, you'd just better be darned careful or Geo and I will have you CUT-OFF!  Hehehehehehe.  Just kiddin'.  Thanks Cyril.   ;)

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 03:12:23 PM »
oh crap... geo has a itchy "banned button" finger....  :whip2:
nemul

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 03:34:18 PM »
Actually, nemul, that was me, Dad.   :P

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 03:48:25 PM »
OH NO!  Troy has sold too many lights and now has turned to the Dark SIDE!!!!

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 07:02:44 PM »
Actually we do not ban - not right off, anyway.  There is a progressive "Warning" system, whereby once warned you then have to have each post reviewed by one of us before we publish it (*For* you), and if no further issues come up in a short but defined time period, you revert to normal status.

But if a second warning happens during this time then more restrictions come up.  Don't recall right now what they are (we've never had to warn ANYone since y'all's been behavin' so good anyhow) and hopefully we never have to find out!  It is all in the software which has been tested and refined over several hundred other forums, some of them many times larger than either us or another flashlight forum, so we have a good, solid and proven "autopilot" system already in place.

So unlike some places where it is a short and straight path from the finger of an all-too-human moderator - who arbitrarily "perceives" a slight, however technically correct it may be - to the Ban button, our is a system of checks and balances that serves to keep bias and personal prejudice out of the equation. :headbang:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline TorchMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 08:14:35 PM »
We of the Trade Federation would like to extend congratulations to Chancellor Palpatine and his Jedi aid, Master Skywalker. We remain confident that when this crisis abates, you will lay down your special powers! ;) :D
Incans: SF G2, Pelican M6 Lithium, SL TL-3, Mags, MinMags, Browning Thunder & Lightning Bugs, M*G74
Hybrid: SL TT 2L, SF A2
LED: SF U2, Inova T4, Gladius, HDS U60, SG 30 LED, Coast lights, 8 LED AAAs, VB-16 3W, CPF LE #13 VB-16, LionHeart, Orb RAW, LionCub, McLux PDIII, Chammie, TiChammie,RawNS

Offline jeffb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 02:20:48 AM »
 8) :thumbup: Congrats to the new moderators!

Are we there yet, DAD?!!

Geologist, is there any gold in your new forum?!

I know, thats "pretty Bad" :P

jeffb

jeffb

Offline CY

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 02:25:04 AM »
dad, geo, congrats... :happy1: