Author Topic: Suggestions Please  (Read 2408 times)

Offline U.S. Beast

• View Profile
Suggestions Please
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forums and didn't even know people got together to talk about their hobby of flashlights.  I myself love flashlights and have a few, nothing powerful and crazy but they work for me and my budget lol

Now heres the delima, I am looking for a flashlight that will mount to a rail system on a rifle, preferably with a pressure switch.  I have a few already but over the years they pooped out on me.  But now I would like one with a strobe funtion, one that when used for CQB when playing airsoft will do it's job on the person I am entering a room on. To give you an idea of the environment I will be using this light in heres a video of where I will be using this and playing airsoft...http://youtu.be/eWfBg5L5N5c It's a 21 hour non stop game and this place gets dark at night lol and the buildings become nightmares and I want my squad to have the upper hand using strobe lights on our guns to enters rooms with. Now with my past experience, I have used UTG flashlights and they have amazing throw for outside the buildings and extremely powerful bulbs for indoors, but they didn't strobe, they went on/off.  I have been blinded by strobe lights before used for entering rooms and man they work lol

I have checked out the 3w strobe flashlight on ebay and amazon, cheap and got mixed reviews, also I was looking at barska's 200lumens strobe flashlight for $80 dollars, looks pretty solid and my company has an account with them so i could get good pricing on the light. I also checked the UTg strobe light with 5 functions.  Honestly I don't know enough about any of these lights or other lights to make a decision.
Before I bite the bullet on any light I figured I would hear what the pros have to say about suggestions.  I am figuring around 80 dollars would be the goal price being that I have multiple guys interested in buying one as well, probably around 8 guys...

Thanks in advance guys
-Joe

Offline gearhounds

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions Please
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
Howdy Joe- what are your potential use options? Are you looking for just a dedicated weapon mounted light, or do you want one that you can remove and use as a tactical light as well? If just a mounted light, look at the Streamlight TLR-1. It is a little more than your target price, but the quality far and away exceeds UTG, or any other b-rate company. My agency has them mounted on our M4 M16's and they have yet to have any issues. The newest version has a strobe function, and all versions can be ordered with a pressure pad kit that still lets you toggle the light on without any problem. Shop around, and you can find deals on them. They are much better than some of the junk that will only last a year before giving up the ghost.

Offline U.S. Beast

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:08 AM »
Yes, a buddy of mine has one and they are nice,BUT... I think I might be sold on the Olight M20s Warrior, has amazing functions and seems to be durable as all sin.  Says it has a throw of max 280 meters...WOW, I'm looking for just this, long throw, high intensity, durability, easy UI and strobe, seems like a winner...couple extra bucks in my opinion is worth the lifetime and multiple applications this light would serve me...
If you know a bit about these lights, a little light shed on them would be cool (half intentional pun)
thanks already and thanks in advance once again
-Joe

Offline gearhounds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »
If the most use will be for room clearing, I would look to a light with a floody spill pattern, rather than a thrower. Something like the Eagletac T20C2 with an XM-L emitter might serve you better for general use, seeing as it is the same size as the warrior, and with @ 580 lumens out the front, as opposed to under 300 lumens with the XP-G S2 for the Warrior. The M21 Warrior is nearly a match in output for the T20, but a little pricier, and without a mount kit. The XM-L is well suited to providing a lot of spill, and the ET has a strobe function that is easy to access. If you're in the US, here is a link to a trusted seller in the industry; at the bottom of the page is an option window that has a weapon mount kit that includes a mount, and switch.

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=152-154-6981
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:14:50 PM by gearhounds »

Offline U.S. Beast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:52:26 AM »
I like the sound of that, powerful and will fill up a room even if lights are in my eyes OVERPOWERING THEM lol, I will look into this light thoroughly, I actually really want both, the striking bezels seem handy for many uses, from self defense to breaking glass in a time of need...I know these situations rarely happen, BUT WHEN THEY Do, I'd rather be prepared then not.  I am starting to get hooked here, looks like I'll be keeping one in my car, and one on my real rifles, and possibly another to carry on my person at all times  :D Thanks for the extremely helpful guidance here, I really appreciate it and with all the fast responses
Thanks again
-Joe

Offline zhanghaipin01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:14 AM »
 I actually really want both too.
We are Xeccon light manufacturer, wholesale LED Flashlights; HID flashlights, Rechargeable Batteries; Flashlight Accessories