Author Topic: Another one who appreciates the Lionhead..  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Another one who appreciates the Lionhead..
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 04:58:35 PM »
Most certainly. I am running it on a C2 + A19. The SRTH is a C-series Surefire compatible accessory, and you know what that means - any C/P/Z-series Surefire is compatible. I call all of the three kinds "C-series" as a generic name. Recommended bodies would be the 9P, D3, Z3, C3, and so on. Black if you're finicky about color matching. Mine isn't color matched because my C2 and A19 are HA3 (the A19 was a special third party job), but I could care less because the SRTH just delivers. Nobody ever looks at the body - they are all too enthralled with the beam.

Well Ray, looks like there is an SRTH in your future and it is calling your name.. it is calling very loudly, I can hear it.. :icon_biggrin:

Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 05:03:31 PM »
Always the question - SRTH with Lexan or the KTX with Pyrex..........
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Codeman

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 06:03:15 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:43:19 PM by Codeman »

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 10:29:36 PM »
The weather is better - as long as I get fed some good shellfish or sushi, get to drink a few cold beverages, I can assemble lights!

1) screw battery tube on (with test battery)
2) screw bezel on
3) turn on light
4) if working, turn off light
5) unscrew battery tube
6) remove battery
7) screw battery tube back on
8) drop in plastic baggie
9) sip on blue hawaiian tropical drink
10) watch hoola dancers
11) goto 1

Hey.....hey!!!

Whats going on with this Recruit and Retention package here???  >:(

"good shellfish or sushi" .........we got BREAD

#9 WATER......NO ICE

#10 dancers? ......dancers!!!.......thats it, I'm calling the Board of Labor.

Geo, before you get out here send Charlie your ankle size so he can make up a new Ball and Chain....you would not like to get one thats TOO tight.   ;)

Bill

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 11:26:25 PM »
The weather is better - as long as I get fed some good shellfish or sushi, get to drink a few cold beverages, I can assemble lights!

1) screw battery tube on (with test battery)
2) screw bezel on
3) turn on light
4) if working, turn off light
5) unscrew battery tube
6) remove battery
7) screw battery tube back on
8) drop in plastic baggie
9) sip on blue hawaiian tropical drink
10) watch hoola dancers
11) goto 1

Hey.....hey!!!

Whats going on with this Recruit and Retention package here???  >:(

"good shellfish or sushi" .........we got BREAD

#9 WATER......NO ICE

#10 dancers? ......dancers!!!.......thats it, I'm calling the Board of Labor.

Geo, before you get out here send Charlie your ankle size so he can make up a new Ball and Chain....you would not like to get one thats TOO tight.   ;)

Bill

I'm coming to start a union!  My buddy Jimmy is coming too!  We are gonna change things to a 16 hour work week, 8 weeks vacation, 20 holidays, unlimited sick leave, 90% employee discount, and maybe (we might be pushing it) universal medical coverage!  But then we would be moving the shop to Germany and the weather sucks....
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 01:01:53 AM »
Hey the winters in Germany were COOL......(Dad hated to drive in it.) In my younger days (Army Brat) we were stationed in Karlsruhe and again in Schwabisch Gmund. Yup many fond memories there......The smell of the "Honey Wagons" as they passed by on the road, and don't forget the Beer wagons that would deliver beer to you door step like to old time Milkman used to. The winters.....as a kid I was in heaven.

Gee, I better stop this rambling...........

I love my Lionhead   :thumbup:  Pointing it up to the sky at night and just watching the beam slice the darkness like a saber......YES!!! I just put my 150A tube on it and fell in love all over again.

Aloha

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 08:28:17 PM »
i didn't have a problem with the Lh using mag reflector.. that makes some pretty sound financial and protuction timing sense.. let somebody else to that work... the only issue i have is that it brings out too many artifacts in the emitter.. so i'm slowly 'fixing' my Lh reflectors doing the classic krylon stipple..

I have three lioncubs.. one is for sale to anybody interested.. it has all the options i'd sell it a bit below cost but not sure what that is... but of the three for now... two of them pretty much have permanently installed the Lhs..

I love the combination of the 168 tube and the Lh.. it's a big part of the decision to buy the LC in the first place.. with my brass model i have the 150 tube on for now and my black one i use the R123 tube and it's in my Gadget Girl holster.. that's my favorite.

-awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 09:35:51 AM »

Lh review: http://lights.lightrefineries.org/?page_id=25

Excellent write-up Lightstream, you covered all the same bases I would have regarding disclaimers and advisements (not for close-up work, etc.).  Thanks! :thumbsup:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Likebright

• ----EDC----
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »
My hats off ( probably a poor choice of words) to Mr. Bulk. The Lion Head is a very efficient use of the Mag reflector. I too prefer it with the 168A body. The 168A battery gives it plenty of run time and it is still small enough to carry on your belt. I use the Ripoff #112 shortened to fit the light with body and head. I also use my brass as my primary shelf based light. (Pictured) With the 168A body. It has great balance a gread "WOW" factor on or off.
Thanks again for this most versatile of heads which soon will be compounded even more with the Chameleon and its accessories. 
Mike :thumbup:
DH / Peak Ti Baltic / Chame. / LH / LC x 2 +Lh / Arc4+ / LSH Twisty / AA / AAA / SN-II / PocketMate W / L3 / (O-dr.) TryStar Phazer / 4 C cell regu. M@g TWOJed x 2 / Tiablo A8 x 2 / WiseLed Tac.1500 / OLight Q5 / LumaHunter M1-R

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2005, 03:53:24 AM »
Thanks Mike! :notworthy:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »

Lh review: http://lights.lightrefineries.org/?page_id=25

Excellent write-up Lightstream, you covered all the same bases I would have regarding disclaimers and advisements (not for close-up work, etc.).  Thanks! :thumbsup:
:hello2:
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info