Author Topic: Any Interest in a Lion Cub 27mm head?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline EdwinWesley

• View Profile
Any Interest in a Lion Cub 27mm head?
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
Just thought I would see if anybody else would be interested in a Lion Heart head for the Lion Cub. I can't make them but can make a good case for having them made

The Lion Head will be nice but simply not EDC able for me. I guess I simply prefer the output  of the 27 mm vs. the 20 mm reflector and find myself using my LH more often than my LC. However, in my opinion the LC design is better to that of the LH (better tail o-ring placement, not having to worry about upgrading to V2 software). Unfortunately the LH body does not fit the LC tails well without sacrificing waterproofness and of course we need to mention the different materials and HA colours to which the LH does not match (this is why despite having a spare 168 body from the last run I still ordered the latest one designed for the cub) so true modularity is not present. And I must come back to the reflector issue, the IMS 27mm simply is not up to most people’s standards and such a project would provide an opportunity to use something better for a 27mm reflector head (Aleph 1 reflector or a revival of the MR reflector). Finally such a head would complete the LC product line providing battery packs and head options for everybody’s needs.

So what do you guys think? Would there be any interest in such an offering?

Mr. Bulk, would you be willing to pursue such a project if there was enough interest?

Thanks

Offline TnC

• View Profile
Re: Any Interest in a Lion Cub 27mm head?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »
I am shocked no one posted interest in this.  It seems like you would be able to make a head fairly easy using a McR27 or 27L reflector.  I guess it depends on what LED you are using though.

It has been quite some time since I have been here.  I feel like a Newbie, which I am here anyways.   :D  Hope everyone is doing well.

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: Any Interest in a Lion Cub 27mm head?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »
Mr. Bulk is not in the business of building flashlights any more, and hasn't been in the business for years.