Author Topic: FlashlightNews Forums Update  (Read 14640 times)

Offline nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • FlashlightNews.org
FlashlightNews Forums Update
« on: July 20, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »
I hope the mods here don't mind me posting this here ...if it's a problem just remove it.

I'm trying to let some of the members at FlashlightNews Forums know that we were hacked again last night/early this morning and the forum is currently offline while I fix all the problems it caused. I'll be out of town tomorrow and may not have the site back up by then, but I'm trying my best. I want to make clear that the hacking is not related to any other forum or any known flashlight-related entity. It appears to be from a certain overseas country that makes lots of flashlights though.

If anyone has any questions or issues, just PM me or email me at steve (at) flashlightnews.org.

Thanks for your understanding.

Offline CRESCENDOPOWER

• View Profile
Re: FlashlightNews Forums Update
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
Me Sepultura. Me hack forum. Me do again if not more Surefire speak. Me from Brazil. Me serius FNF. :protest:

Offline CRESCENDOPOWER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
Hey! When are you guys coming back on? I miss lumenary's bashing of Surefire, Eagletac, and McGizmo. What about Handy, and his 4Sevens and Fenix hate? The flashlight world can get boring without you folks! :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:33:35 PM by CRESCENDOPOWER »

Offline CRESCENDOPOWER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:06:49 PM »
Hey! Hey FNF! :D What do you think about ARC mania getting busted? Do you think he is guilty? There seems to be a lot of evidence against him. :o Hey! Hey FNF! When you guys coming back online?  :blinking:

Offline nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • FlashlightNews.org
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »
Just another update...

I got stuck out-of-town the last two days, and haven't been able to get with the server host to straighten out everything enough to get the forum back online. That should happen either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post here if that time estimate changes. I want to thank everyone for their patience, and hope to see all of you soon back on FNF....

....even you, CP.  :blob10:

Offline Groundhog66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »
Hey! Hey FNF! :D What do you think about ARC mania getting busted? Do you think he is guilty? There seems to be a lot of evidence against him. :o Hey! Hey FNF! When you guys coming back online?  :blinking:

GUILTY as charged  :thumbup:

I got perma banned over on MJ's forum, apparently their mentality is "DOWN WITH THE HATERS"  :'(

Offline Groundhog66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
Just another update...

I got stuck out-of-town the last two days, and haven't been able to get with the server host to straighten out everything enough to get the forum back online. That should happen either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post here if that time estimate changes. I want to thank everyone for their patience, and hope to see all of you soon back on FNF....

....even you, CP.  :blob10:

Hopefully you get it figured out soon  :confused2:

Offline WillM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »
Any update   ?

Offline CRESCENDOPOWER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:07:56 PM »

I got perma banned over on MJ's forum, apparently their mentality is "DOWN WITH THE HATERS"  :'(

That's too bad particularly when he is the guilty party. He has made some stellar lights in the past, and maybe someday he can be trusted again.

Offline Vic303

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »
Hey NC, thanks for the email, and the update.  I let those FNFers know, with whom I have regular contact.  At least now I have a second light forum to poke around in!

--Vic303

Offline nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • FlashlightNews.org
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted an update to my earlier posts...

Seems like all hell breaks loose when a forum goes down. I've had some family issues that have required me to drive frequently to Seattle and back (about a 450 mile round-trip) for the past couple of weeks now, and this has put me away from the computer and unable to get everything fixed and FNF back up and running. I'm back home for the next few days and will work with the hosting company to get everything back online. But at this point, we're looking at Monday at the earliest for the forum to be back up.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this has caused the FNF members.

metatron

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 05:17:34 AM »

i have both bike lights in my possession, one the stock standard and two the other with the upgraded LED. chalk and cheese. Rumor has you were banned for sending the owner of CLF an email threatening his life. happy to publish it here on request. :thumbup:

Offline Groundhog66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »

i have both bike lights in my possession, one the stock standard and two the other with the upgraded LED. chalk and cheese. Rumor has you were banned for sending the owner of CLF an email threatening his life. happy to publish it here on request. :thumbup:

Threatening his life, gimme a break  :yawn: I responded to him the same way he responded to Scott. He was the one telling people he was going to break their necks.....What a joke he is. I was just banned when all this s**t hit the fan, I sent him that PM months ago. Feel free to post it, and also add any little tidbits that might make it juicier for the readers  :binkybaby:

Oh, BTW, are you back to sticking up for him now? You were the one who blew the whistle on him over on CPF, but I guess you are just the kind of guy to do that to your friends huh?

Offline CRESCENDOPOWER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 04:53:30 AM »
 :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10: :pain10::pain10: :pain10: :pain10:   :laughing9:

Offline Groundhog66

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »
Nah, it's not that serious...He's just another guy talking out of both sides of his mouth  :sad2: