Author Topic: What do people think and talk about during hiking in group?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline greamsmith

• View Profile
What do people think and talk about during hiking in group?
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:14:44 AM »
I'm currently writing a novel and a big chunk of the story is spent in a hiking-like activity . The characters, a group of 6 people need to get from one place to another.
But how do I fill in those places with chat and inner feelings and conflict? What sort of thing could arise within a group that is hiking?

Offline Rebel

• with a cause
    • View Profile
Re: What do people think and talk about during hiking in group?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »
Isn't it your job as a novelist to come up with that kind of stuff?  :read2:

BTW we mostly talk s**t.  ;)  If anybody were to say something profound we'd probably ignore it.  :evil6:
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country." - Edward Bernays

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Re: What do people think and talk about during hiking in group?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »
I'm currently writing a novel and a big chunk of the story is spent in a hiking-like activity . The characters, a group of 6 people need to get from one place to another.
But how do I fill in those places with chat and inner feelings and conflict? What sort of thing could arise within a group that is hiking?

Gream, I think R Lee Ermy can help you out...   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgiUm4lQig
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline Rebel

• with a cause
    • View Profile
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country." - Edward Bernays