Author Topic: Cool Phone  (Read 89965 times)

Offline TorchMan

• View Profile
Re: Cool Phone
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:54 AM »
Yeah, I've been toying with the idea of buying one of these SLVR phones.  I like 'em.  I have a RAZR now, but frankly I've never been 100% satisfied with it.  It's a great phone, but there's just something about it that bugs me.  Yet the idea of the same phone without having to do the flip part, plus the addition of iTunes, makes the SLVR tempting.

What is it that bugs you about the RAZR, and keeps you less than fully satisified? Actually having a flip phone is new to me, and I'm loving in. Must be the Trekkie in me. Never used a slide phone either.

I don't even download ringtones (though I could do that with the phone I have) let alone watch video or listen to songs. I'm kind of a an old stick in the mud when it comes to phones though. I really just want it to work well.
Incans: SF G2, Pelican M6 Lithium, SL TL-3, Mags, MinMags, Browning Thunder & Lightning Bugs, M*G74
Hybrid: SL TT 2L, SF A2
LED: SF U2, Inova T4, Gladius, HDS U60, SG 30 LED, Coast lights, 8 LED AAAs, VB-16 3W, CPF LE #13 VB-16, LionHeart, Orb RAW, LionCub, McLux PDIII, Chammie, TiChammie,RawNS

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 05:18:22 AM »
What bugs me?  I don't really know.  It was cool a year ago.  Now I guess I'm craving a different phone.  The SLVR might be that  one.  Cell phones and flashlights are two obsessions I've had for some time.   :rolleye: 

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • If I only had a brain...
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 09:02:38 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the V3i or Slvr L7 supports A2DP? Was looking to the V3x but realized that it's bulkier than the Razrs, no wonder it doesn't carry the Razr prefix!

A2DP software support comes with AKU2.  AFAIK, It is only available on devices that run WM5.  Right now there are no mobile devices that support A2DP.  All A2DP support right now is hardware proprietary only.

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 04:30:43 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the V3i or Slvr L7 supports A2DP? Was looking to the V3x but realized that it's bulkier than the Razrs, no wonder it doesn't carry the Razr prefix!

A2DP software support comes with AKU2.  AFAIK, It is only available on devices that run WM5.  Right now there are no mobile devices that support A2DP.  All A2DP support right now is hardware proprietary only.

Hmm, I thot Samsung has a Bluetooth Stereo headset accessory? That's what A2DP works with right?  :-[
'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 11:00:28 PM »
Yes that is right, but there are no phones, PDAs or media players that will connect directly to it yet. The only way it will work is to get something like this that is plugged into your stereo system or device.

A2DP, now, is like the USB (before W98 OSR2)or Bluetooth(a year ago before widcomm drivers).  You get all the devices out in the marketplace first, before all the OSs and devices actually support direct connectivity to it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 11:03:13 PM by Darkgear »

Offline kukula

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 08:52:36 AM »
Gee!  Nice to know alot of flashaholics are phone freaks too  ;)  I too am addicted to phone.  Currently using the Nokia N90.  Looking forward to get the Sony Ericsson P990 soon.  Oh and heres more forums you can join for you phone addicts. Check out www.my-symbian.com.  Or www.mobileburn.com.  And www.allaboutsymbian.com.  I have been a member of those forums for maybe four years now.  Esp makes you aware of up and coming phone and technologies  ;)

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »
Yes that is right, but there are no phones, PDAs or media players that will connect directly to it yet. The only way it will work is to get something like this that is plugged into your stereo system or device.

A2DP, now, is like the USB (before W98 OSR2)or Bluetooth(a year ago before widcomm drivers).  You get all the devices out in the marketplace first, before all the OSs and devices actually support direct connectivity to it.

What about these Bluetooth stereo headsets then?
Albert Einstein

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 07:04:25 PM »
If you are referring to the media player headset on the bottom right(I didn't see any other stereo headsets),  it is a wired stereo headset that you would connect to an iPod.  It also connects, via bluetooth, to a phone or other device to answer calls.  The stereo part is wired  the bluetooth part is like any normal mono/mic bluetooth headset.  It does not require A2DP.

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 03:15:59 AM »
Dang,  If Cingular brings HSDPA to Hawaii, I'll have to get one of these.  Where's the GPS chip though???

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 03:53:12 AM »
Dang,  If Cingular brings HSDPA to Hawaii, I'll have to get one of these.  Where's the GPS chip though???

Cingular has a Cingular-branded unit that's the same as that T-Mobile one in your link.  I looked at it today when I stopped in to check out the SLVR.  I think I'm gonna pass on the SLVR and stay with the RAZR (and also stay with T-Mobile).

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »
I am posting from a cingular 8125.  this phone is known as the htc wizard.  the hermes is the next step.  it has a faster cpu, better cam, an extra cam for vid conf, and best of all 3G speed!

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 04:22:58 AM »
good choice btw passing on the slvr.  what they don't tell you is that itunes is crippled with a 100 song limit.

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 08:51:08 AM »
If you are referring to the media player headset on the bottom right(I didn't see any other stereo headsets),  it is a wired stereo headset that you would connect to an iPod.  It also connects, via bluetooth, to a phone or other device to answer calls.  The stereo part is wired  the bluetooth part is like any normal mono/mic bluetooth headset.  It does not require A2DP.

I think you have to be in IE (not Opera) to properly view their website.  :( Drag down on the blue knob on the left to Bluetooth Stereo hedstes & you'll see several there like this one -

'Clip S is the first Bluetooth stereo headset based on the Clip headset yet introducing a unique detachable earphone. It pairs wirelessly to your Bluetooth-enabled handset and offers both mono and stereo sound for when you answer calls or for listening to audio. When paired with a range of Bluetooth mobile phones that support A2DP profiles the Clip S also allows you to experience the best stereo sound whilst enjoying the convenience of a standard Bluetooth handsfree.'

The Hermes looks a bit like this one but it's not 3G & works on Windows Mobile 5 though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:06:40 AM by flashlight »
Albert Einstein

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »
The HTC wizard = Dopod 838 = I-mate K-Jam = Qtek 9100 = Cingular 8125 = T-mobile MDA.  It's all the same device.  Made by HTC branded by all these other companies.  You are right, 3G is why I would want the Hermes or whatever it is called once an reseller gets a hold of it.

About the headset..Yes I see it now.  Yes there are many already like that. Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS970, Motorola HT820, Jabra BT620s, and the massive Plantronics Pulsar 590A.  I never denied they existed.  I am saying try to find a device that you can connect one of these to without an adapter like Ten Technology's naviPlay or Softick Audio Gateway or a Bluetake BT007si .  They don't exist yet.  What good is a A2DP headset wthout something to conect it to?  There are many on the horizon like the ROKR E3.  I was merely saying that WM5 AKU2 is the first hope for most to actually use an A2DP headset.

With the risk of being a broken recrd, your first post was about a SLVR or any DEVICE that supports A2DP.  Again, there are no devices that support it.  Yes there are A2DP headsets out there but you can't connect it to anything without some adapter or software help.

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
The HTC wizard = Dopod 838 = I-mate K-Jam = Qtek 9100 = Cingular 8125 = T-mobile MDA.  It's all the same device.  Made by HTC branded by all these other companies.  You are right, 3G is why I would want the Hermes or whatever it is called once an reseller gets a hold of it.

About the headset..Yes I see it now.  Yes there are many already like that. Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS970, Motorola HT820, Jabra BT620s, and the massive Plantronics Pulsar 590A.  I never denied they existed.  I am saying try to find a device that you can connect one of these to without an adapter like Ten Technology's naviPlay or Softick Audio Gateway or a Bluetake BT007si .  They don't exist yet.  What good is a A2DP headset wthout something to conect it to?  There are many on the horizon like the ROKR E3.  I was merely saying that WM5 AKU2 is the first hope for most to actually use an A2DP headset.

With the risk of being a broken recrd, your first post was about a SLVR or any DEVICE that supports A2DP.  Again, there are no devices that support it.  Yes there are A2DP headsets out there but you can't connect it to anything without some adapter or software help.

Thanks for your patience. I got it now.  ::) Guess I'll wait for the ROKR3 then maybe.  :-[
Albert Einstein