Author Topic: Which type of flashlight is the best for long range?  (Read 5727 times)

Offline jamesbce

• View Profile
Which type of flashlight is the best for long range?
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
I want to be able to see from the road or street curb to the house numbers on the house at night. What is better for long range, LED or xenon? Is one of the 4 battery long cop flashlights good enough?
Thank you.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
Re: Which type of flashlight is the best for long range?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
Long range has to do more with the reflector or optics in the light versus the source.  The original Inova X1 with optics was fantastic at spotting using only a 5mm (early generation) LED.  Of course with enough light you can do anything.  I would imagine a M@glite reflector will do the job - dependent on environmental factors.
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline laxman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13:24 AM »
        Flash light for the long range has to do with the reflector. I am using from a long time original Inova x1 with optics which is doing work effectively. Tow couple of battery in Flashlight z is good enough. One should care about battery quality also. Here i am using Everyday Battery which one is the best as per it's output.

Offline Ricky315

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »
I recommend TK10 Premium (Q5) 225 Lumen LED Flashlight

Offline Clarence

• View Profile
    • Gadgettown.com - Buy Best Electronic Gadgets, Laptop Parts, Computer Components, Cell Phone Accessories!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »
4 battery long cop flashlights is good enough for you! :thumbup:
With Darkness, there will always be Lightings.

Offline davidjohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:53:21 AM »
TK10 Premium (Q5) 225 Lumen LED Flashlight is just for you.

Offline zhanghaipin01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »
Search "flashlight" through google.
We are Xeccon light manufacturer, wholesale LED Flashlights; HID flashlights, Rechargeable Batteries; Flashlight Accessories

Offline kirtboston

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
Based of my searches,I think The Luma Power MRV SK V1.1 is a great thrower and really close to your budget. I'm pretty sure it is the best single thrower out there.

Offline Naeem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:58 AM »
DBS and aspherics, Tiablo with same, etc. are not "large flashlight" but some of the best throwers DBS not quite in your price range. Tiablo worth a look. 10%off!! http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-led-ra01ss-cree-xpg-r5-80lm-bright-edc-stainless.html?d=38780145  Recoil 007 & 008 are great lights for the price and great throwers. Fair price for a decient light IMOP.

Offline TacticalGearWorld

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
The 510 Lumens Ultrafire with the T-6 LED bulb will give you a great throw up to 100 Yards effective range and a great runtime on high.

http://www.tacticalgearworld.com/ultrafire-501b-xml-t6-510-lumen-1-or-5-mode-tactical-led-flashlight-torch/