Author Topic: BVH BLITZ - HID SEARCHLIGHT SPOTLIGHT XENON - 240 BLITZ HANDHELD - Dual Output  (Read 8321 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
BVH BLITZ (Latest Version)

44 watts on LOW and 84 Watts on HIGH  (+- 1 That's to the Bulb)
Blower Fan Cooled with Water Resistant Vents
12 amp hour LiPo battery (protected) with charging port (inexpensive charger) and water resistant plug.

Links to Beamshots and Info:

HERE
HERE
HERE

More info later!

9 inch Reflector (These things are expensive now...)

Exit Air Vent for Fan Blower and Charging Port and Dual Stage Switch

Trigger sets On & Off with Rocker Switch setting output level

Notice the Vent Intakes!

Modified Dual Output Finned Ballast with 12 amp hour Lipo
( That Modified Ballast can put out 120 watts to the bulb  :violent5: Bye Bye Bulb! )

BVH does nice and clean work!
Single Throw - Double Pole Switch STDP for HIGH and LOW Output LEVELS, Charging Port on the side
(Cheap charger plugs in and does all the work, no setting anything)

Metal Reinforced Top LID, Blower Motor clears the air in the ballast/battery chamber

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:25:58 AM by Lips »
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline pinebluffbill

• View Profile
how much is this monster?  please let me know

Offline windstrings

• View Profile
OH man!.... been waiting for this!......

it appears may be cumbersome to carry for long since I"m assuming the bent arm "holding out" mode is the only way to carry this?..

But after all... this is a serious spotlight not mean't to be a flashlight you leave on while hiking down the trail.

1. How long have you dared to run it to test for heat issues?

In other words... what is the reasonable runtime... from full charge to dead, or is there a rest needed?

2. How much runtime in the different modes?... I assume the fan is on constantly.... I wouldn't want the heat to start running away before the kicked on anyway... "except" in the low power mode.. no reason to waste power on a fan.... so is it thermistor controlled to turn on only when its hot?

3. Will there be new beamshots or are the old ones applicable for this too since the 84W reading is the same?
The Second Mouse gets the cheese

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Hey Alan

Beamshots would be practically the same on high as they are set virtually to identical outputs with same reflector. I'll type up a more detailed answer soon.     :thumbup:

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline windstrings

• View Profile
Thats what I thought.... thanks.
The Second Mouse gets the cheese

Offline pinebluffbill

• View Profile
BVH BLITZ (Latest Version)

44 watts on LOW and 84 Watts on HIGH  (+- 1 That's to the Bulb)
Blower Fan Cooled with Water Resistant Vents
12 amp hour LiPo battery (protected) with charging port (inexpensive charger) and water resistant plug.

Links to Beamshots and Info:

do you have anymore of these for sale?  if so, how much?   has anyone come out with a more powerful version yet?

HERE
HERE
HERE

More info later!

9 inch Reflector (These things are expensive now...)

Exit Air Vent for Fan Blower and Charging Port and Dual Stage Switch

Trigger sets On & Off with Rocker Switch setting output level

Notice the Vent Intakes!

Modified Dual Output Finned Ballast with 12 amp hour Lipo
( That Modified Ballast can put out 120 watts to the bulb  :violent5: Bye Bye Bulb! )

BVH does nice and clean work!
Single Throw - Double Pole Switch STDP for HIGH and LOW Output LEVELS, Charging Port on the side
(Cheap charger plugs in and does all the work, no setting anything)

Metal Reinforced Top LID, Blower Motor clears the air in the ballast/battery chamber

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

Haven't put this one up for sale (officially)... Been busy and Bob is busy too. I have my personal unit but really thinking about keeping this one and selling the other. I should be free to do more on these in time as I have 8 Blitz reflectors just sitting around and about 30 x 13.8 hr Lipo batteries taking up space... Have 3 step kids as of last year and man I had no idea how much parrents go through!

cheers guys

Offline pinebluffbill

• View Profile

Haven't put this one up for sale (officially)... Been busy and Bob is busy too. I have my personal unit but really thinking about keeping this one and selling the other. I should be free to do more on these in time as I have 8 Blitz reflectors just sitting around and about 30 x 13.8 hr Lipo batteries taking up space... Have 3 step kids as of last year and man I had no idea how much parrents go through!

cheers guys

HOW MUCH!!   send price to my personal email:   pinebluffbill@yahoo.com

Offline ahxnccj

• View Profile
    • appliance part
I picked up some GE Marc 300/16 - 300 Watt, 5,000K projector lamp/reflector assemblies of Ebay thinking I might build something. By coincidence, my Locator searchlight ballast system provides the 36-38 Volt DC to the bulb that the lamp requires so I fired a few of them up for fun. They'd make a very bright floody light if fitted into something handheld.

Offline BVH

• View Profile
Hey Ahxnccj, nice to hear from another Locator owner.  I did the same thing with my Locator and observed that the fixed reflector on the 5000K bulb paled in comparison to the stock Locator reflector.  I stockpiled a bunch of GE Marc 300 EZS bulbs - even though they are 3300K just so I'd have bulbs for a long time since they are 25 hr to 75% brightness, short life bulbs.  Wish I could find a cashe of the original military issue, 5500K bulb.

If you ever desire to sell your Locator, let me know.
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V