Author Topic: 2 Stolen LionCubs and one broken heart  (Read 2812 times)

Offline sputnick

• View Profile
2 Stolen LionCubs and one broken heart
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »
I posted a more lengthy post on cpf about how a bag containing all my best toys including a bunch of flashlights, headlamps, batteries/chargers, walther p99 and some busse knives were removed from my home while I was taking a leave of absence to take care of a family member that needed full time care.

Aside from the walther, which was a 21st birthday present, I'm heart broken about the loss of my natural HA Lioncub #82 and bare LC with lionheads. I bought the lioncubs with the idea that they would be the last flashlights I would ever need to buy. After realizing how far LED technology has come and spending hours (upon hours) researching potential replacement options I've come to the sad conclusion that no one is currently making a flashlight with the formfactor (side button) and UI that I have become so accustomed to.

You guys have any suggestions on a torch that would help mend my broken heart? I ended up losing my job because of the extended leave I was forced to take from work and the budget is much much tighter than it was when I bought the Cubs new all those years ago. Something in the Quark price range or close to.

Any chance someone has a kit they decided not to use, or a well worn EDC piece that theyd be willing to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help and keep your eyes out for a Nat Ha LC #82!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stolen LionCubs and one broken heart
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:42 PM »
Thanks for all your help and keep your eyes out for a Nat Ha LC #82!

Make sure to report items stolen - In the past, I have seen LCs on ebay - unless they find their way here or CPF - they may ebay it as they have no idea of the value.

Man - it is hard to replace a LC or Chammie - I agree about the side switch.  Perhaps someone has an extra bare package that wouldn't cost TOO much?  Not sure.

I feel for ya!

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline toby_pra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
I too...

That must be hard to loose such rare lights! :thumbdown:
Greetings from Germany

Kind regards
Toby

Offline sputnick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »
I've reported everything as stolen and included the serial numbers for the firearm, the #82 nat LC, and the original #2x orb. Unfortunately I don't expect to ever see any of it again.  I thought I sent the Bulk man himself a pm to see if there were any kits or pieces floating around he'd be willing to sell but I don't see anything in my outbox (must not have sent) and hate to be a nuisance.  I could always start collecting bits and pieces of bulk lights to build a frankentorch but you guys hold onto your lights so tight it'll take forever!

Thanks for your sympathies. It makes me anxious thinking about some moron throwing these rare and unique lights in the trash because they don't recognize the battery size. Argh.

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:04:47 AM »
Contact FF member RPM.  He may very well be able to accommodate you.