Author Topic: Lion Cub acting up, lockout mode behaving strangely  (Read 2333 times)

Offline dang

• View Profile
Lion Cub acting up, lockout mode behaving strangely
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:59:55 PM »
Hoping someone might have some thoughts on what's up with my brass Lion Cub. The other day I noticed that my boot had fallen off and miraculously found the little thing in my attic where I was using the cub. After I wrangled it back on I must of switched the light out of the default mode which I prefer where it turns on and off with one click. I've tried a bunch of different things to get it back but it keeps doing this: I click it on and then it takes 3 clicks to go on which I understand is lockout mode.

The trick is, after I go through a few cycles in this mode, it suddenly will switch on and off with one click for a couple times and then it might take 5 clicks to turn it on. Then it goes back to 3 clicks to turn on. :( I've tried the 3 rapid switches and the light seems to do what's it's suppose to afterward but keeps going back to this strange behavior.

Any idea what's up? I love this light. Thanks!

Offline lumafist

• View Profile
Re: Lion Cub acting up, lockout mode behaving strangely
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »
There should be a reset...

Offline dang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
There should be a reset...

this would be ideal, any idea how to reset?

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »
The LionCub uses the same board as the V-2 LionHeart.  Somewhere around here there is a copy of the programming instructions for the V-2 board.  It will tell you how to re-program your board.

I have a copy of it in PDF format on my desktop but it won't copy and paste to this thread.  If you or someone else can tell me how to get that PDF file to you, I will be happy to send it.

:thumbup: dang - I found your email address in your profile and the v-2 instructions have been sent there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:12:34 PM by shuter »