Author Topic: Best Throw Reflector  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Portland_Jon

• View Profile
Best Throw Reflector
« on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »
First I would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post. I have been lurking in the wings for a year or so but have only just registered. I have been reading about flashlights for ages and have made a couple of gun lamps, which allow me to spot rabbits at up to 100 yards but there is always too much flood. What I need is a reflector that will give me a really tight beam out to 100 yards or more. The diameter can be up to 60mm and I can build the body around the reflector on the lathe. I would like to use an incan as the light source is smaller than several LED's in one envelope. I think that 20W would be enough power with the right reflector and power is no problem as I have loads of ned laptop battery packs with six 18650's in each.

So please let me have your recommendations.

Thanks

Jon

Offline Antonette62

• View Profile
Re: Best Throw Reflector
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:14:40 AM »
ver2 deep reflector, great with rop, even better with 1185, i have bifocal, and 2,5" throwmaster, 2,5" one works great with big bulbs, for rop it has too big of an opening, bi focal is good gives you good combo of flood and throw, but nothing beats ver2 deep with 1185, 300+ yards easy reach.