Author Topic: CLOSED - Codename LT (Chameleon) - PART 2  (Read 123991 times)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
CLOSED - Codename LT (Chameleon) - PART 2
« on: September 25, 2005, 01:57:49 PM »
This is a new thread on the LT/Chameleon, continued from here:

http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=395.0

That thread was simply getting too large to wade through and has been closed, but for easier reference on the light's development the Updates Log was also transferred here:

UPDATE 11-30-05:

Thanks guys, but "Houston..."

"...we have a problem."

Not that it should even be defined as an actual problem, but it rears its ugly head nonetheless.  Here's how it goes:

We used a new type of chip for the regulated Chameleon electronics, one that is not attached to the board by conventional means.  And even with George hand building the first prototype boards the chip proved a bit troublesome and one or two of the initial boards did not function properly when fired up in the proto Chameleon bodies.

Of course back they went and George fixed them up and the protos to this day are stone solid reliable.  Even after being sent out to the two separate reviewers who pretty much had their way with them.  I defined no limits to the testing except not to purposely break them or tear them open.  And they are now back in my (and George's) hands and in use daily.

HOWEVER - the board production house we are using had to now automate  this non-routine chip attachment procedure in its production process, and of the first forty boards made, twenty were shorted at this chip attachment point from the get-go (they could not test the boards before shipping to George, no way to, since George had to add a couple of things to - as well as program - each board in order for them to even turn on in the first place).

This meant that during the plant's reflow soldering process, the amount of solder applied under this new chip was spreading a little too far out when heated and thus made contact with other nearby components due to the extra solder, effectively bridging between them and creating the short circuit.

George has already advised them of this and they will be processing the boards with less solder.

So during the interim while waiting for the rest of the boards to be created, when the remaining non-shorted boards were fully populated and programmed and powered by George, the net yield was eighteen functional Chammie boards.

And naturally George will be FULLY testing them and running the electronics through their paces over and over several times in order to make sure Nothing Will Go Wrong before shipping them to me.  Good EEs are like that, as opposed to some who will just send you an extra 10% overage because that's their established "dud rate" - I speak from true experience - and this is simply unacceptable to George.

EVERY board George ships to me is fully functional or he does not ship them.

So although the remaining "good" boards are probably perfect as they are right now, this is not good enough and George will only send these 18 boards to me after thorough additional testing and he is satisfied.  Plus I would have it no other way.

But I already told him I will gladly spring for Overnight Express if he can't ship by this weekend...:evil6:

Just thought you might like to know, since "BulkWare© will ship no light before its time..."   :thumbup:

UPDATE 11-27-05:

Some of you have opted to Paypal for your Chameleons now, although you have been made to understand that I must ship according to the Priority List.

However what I have not told most of you - and thus the reason for this post - is that by the time the rest of the electronics arrive, so will all of the accessories and thus your Paypals should reflect this, as well as specifying in the text exactly which accessories you desire:

Chameleon - $153

ChameleHead - $59

SlimHead - $29

SlimTube - $10

Lanyard Ring - $5 (not to be confused with the Pocketclip ring, which is included at no extra cost)

Priority Mail shipping in the U.S. - $4.30 (may be slightly higher for multiple light orders)

Global Priority (for int'l destinations) - $12 (up from $10)

This change is because international postage can vary anywhere from $10 to $15 and it is simply easier for me to accept an "average" fee for all orders.

Thank you for perusing this latest update.

UPDATE 11-25-05:

Okay I just got back in from a short vacation, and the first thing I see in my e-mail is a couple of pics from George of the new Chameleon Boards - just so's y'all know they actually EXIST - and (a few) will soon be in my hot little hands for assembly and final testing.  Then those first twenty (yes, only TWENTY for now) Chameleons will be on their separate ways out to their anxious new owners.

Here is the top view:

And here is the bottom view:

Note that the underside is populated with several electronic components as well, thereby necessitating the "elevated" nubbin which we should be able to tweak just right on subsequent boards so that, after the Chameleon run is over, they will become drop-in retrofits to transform some of the Cubs and Hearts into living alternate (regulated) lifestyles...:naughty:

I should also have more ''H" Vf-binned Luxeon 3's available by then to take full advantage of the new board's regulated efficiency, and may sell the two as a retrofit "kit".

For those looking to avoid the soldering and thermal gooping and other hassles involved in this regulation upgrade and prefer having things done for them by someone else, I would not be against asking some of the modders out there to do the transformation, just so I can savor some breathing room after this project.
:thumbsup:

UPDATE 10-20-05:

The new clips have arrived for the Chameleon:

BTW, anybody know how to transfer PhotoShop from one computer to another?  The computer I am switching to does not have PhotoShop nad the one I am leaving did but it was a factory load so I am CD-less...I do have a portable 80Gb HD though, if that could be used somehow.  Opinions, expert or not, would be appreciated!

UPDATE 10-13-05:

I figured out how to convert an image of the CAD drawing for the new ChameleonClip into JPEG format (Thank God for digicams) so without further delay here's what it looks like:

This ChameleonClip attaches by securing the ring between the battery tube and center control module.  The clip bends to match the shape of the body line, wth the tip of the clip arm bent outward just wider than the head flare to facilitate ease of attachment.  The little protruding tab w/hole on the ring opposite the clip arm is for lanyard passage.

The material is twice as thick as that of the original VIP and Lion clips for increased strength and "clippin' power".
:headbang: :woot:

UPDATE 10-3-05:

I have an example of the "SH" (SmallHead) which will include an enlarged bezel opening (to ~19mm), McR-20 reflector, 2 mm thick UCL, beadblast finish to match the rest of the Chameleon, plus the usual couple of o-rings for waterproofing, etc.

Here it is next to a bare LionCub bezel to illustrate the larger bezel opening:

Then installed on a Chameleon next to a standard "MR" head:

And finally here's a better angle of it all lit up (no reflector or UCL inside yet):

As for the cost, now we all know the

1) McR-20 reflector alone retails for $14, and the

2) UCL usually goes for something like $7, and the

3) machining and threading and glassbeading charges for the SmallHead's aluminum parts (head and bezel) have gotta be worth something, not to mention the

4) raw material itself must cost something to begin with, and

5) I'm throwing in the o-rings, plus

6) the build labor from me and the HAT guys since they will even come fully assembled !

So let me make this perfectly clear - the price below is ONLY for those on the original  sign-up list:

$29 :naughty::toothy9::headbang:
Notice how the price keeps running away from everybody underneath trying to catch it? :naughty:

Second UPDATE for 9-30-05:

The reviewers just told me they received the prototype Chammies!

So now we wait.

And wait and wait and wait - since I told'em they have to do run times on the lower levels too...:naughty:

*EDIT - Hmmm, seems one of them is already well into the testing:

"Done with first two runtime tests. WOW

This thing is seriously regulated.

Totally flat output for 35min on high and 1h 31min on the next level down.

Looks like I'll be testing for a long time!

I'll keep you posted."

A totally UN-biased opinion based on EM-pirical data, and FREE of all MR Bulk HYPE or snake oil sales TACTICS...
:angel4: :hugme: :headbang: :woot: :hello2: :wav:

UPDATE 9-30-05:

UPDATE 9-28-05:

And finally, BEAMSHOTS as some have been asking for.  It is the Chameleon vs. the LionHeart - one of my personal  LionHearts, BTW.  So it is no slouch in either the brightness or color department (Cub tube w/fresh R123 substituted on the LionHeart just to ensure the power supplies were the same).

Here they are sizing each other up before the big beam-off:

The Chameleon's halfway textured 24mm MR reflector on the left is just barely smaller than the LionHeart's IMS27mm:

From a foot away against a white wall (Chameleon always on the left):

And about 20 feet up on the white ceiling (Cham left):

Outside from 15 feet away against a moss rock wall (notice our solar powered LED lanterns):

With flashlights repositioned to better show the faint glimmer the lanterns put out at night after charging out in the bright Hawaiian sunshine all dang day (emergency lights they ain't!):

So there you have it - the beamshot pictures speaks for themselves, and the MR reflector is obviously better, even when running at "only" a regulated 1000mA vs. the LionHeart's as-high-as-1400-1600mA directdrive system.  Which may explain why in just a day and a half about one-third of the Chameleons have already been spoken for...:naughty: :headbang: :wav:

UPDATE 9-27-05:

This is the latest version of the Operating Manual for the Chameleon, laid out in a question/answer format:

The First Thing to know is the difference between a PRESS (push and hold button until something happens) and a CLICK (quick push and release).

Operation of the Chameleon - How do I…

...turn it on?

CLICK once.

...turn it off?

CLICK once.

...access the five dimming levels?

From Off, PRESS and it will start at Level 1 (dimmest) and Step Up through the five levels.  Release the button when you reach the desired brightness level.  If you overshoot the level you want, simply release and PRESS again within 1½ seconds, and it will Step Down through the levels.  When you release the button for longer than 1½ seconds it remains set at that brightness level.

...go to Level 5 (Highest brightness) instantly?

While in any brightness besides Level 5, PRESS and it will instantly go to Level 5 (High).  When the button is released it will remain latched on High.  To go back down, PRESS again until it returns to the previous level, then release.  Or CLICK to immediately turn off from High.

...lock out the switch?

From On, CLICK 3 times quickly and wait for a flash.  After 3 seconds it will flash 3 more times.  The switch is now locked out and must be CLICKed 3 times to turn the light back on and resume normal operation.  Handy if packing the Chameleon in a bag or similar where the switch might come into contact with other items, thus preventing accidental turn-on.

...turn AutoSleep on and off?

From On, CLICK 3 times quickly and wait for a flash.  Then CLICK once and in 3 seconds the light will come back on at a dim level.  This is the default to activate AutoSleep and to leave it there, do nothing and wait for the flash.  To deactivate AutoSleep, CLICK once and the light will become brighter, and then will go out after 3 seconds.  AutoSleep is now inactive.

...set it to one of the four Current Tables?

From On, CLICK 3 times quickly and wait for a flash.  Then CLICK twice and in 3 seconds the light will come back on at a dim level.  By CLICKing 3 more times after this, the light will get progressively brighter and on the fourth CLICK it will return to the first dim level.  Each of these levels indicates which Table you are selecting, with the first (dim) level indicating 350mA max, then 500mA max, 750mA max, and finally 1000mA max.  Stop when you reach the desired Table and in 3 seconds a flash will indicate it is now set to the newly selected Table.

...set it to always come on at the same brightness level (Forced Brightness)?

From On, CLICK 3 times quickly and wait for a flash. Then CLICK 3 times and in 3 seconds the light will come back on at a dim beam level.  Then with 4 additional CLICKs the beam will get progressively brighter until upon a fifth CLICK, it will go out.

Each of these beams matches the brightness level at which the Chameleon will be forced to start each time, and the fifth CLICK will deactivate Forced Brightness, meaning it goes back to starting at the last used level each time.

*How AutoSleep works

After the Chameleon has been on for 15 minutes it will step down one brightness level each minute until it reaches Level 1 where it will remain, and eventually it will turn itself off after a total of one hour has elapsed from when the light was first turned on.  But a CLICK or PRESS any time during this dim-down sequence will immediately bring the light back to its last used level, at which time the 15-minute countdown begins again.

UPDATE 9-26-05:

The official Sign Up List for the Chameleon has just been posted:

http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=749.msg12813#msg12813

Have fun...:naughty:

UPDATE 9-21-05:

The final body part was done being beadblasted and has arrived.  All 100-plus of'em.

And if you have been planning to buy an LT (or Chameleon ), this is exactly what you will get:

Note the nice metallic sheen.  And see the body joint seams all over the place? :naughty:

Next to some relatives, just for size reference:

With those same relatives outside in the sun:

The metalflake-ish shimmer really stands out in the sunlight.

A comparison of front ends with a well-used Brass Cub:

And a clear shot of exactly what makes the LT's/Chameleon's reflector different:

Protos go out to beta testers this weekend - stay tuned!

****************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 9-19-05:

And finally - 74 minutes at Level 4 of the 1000mA Table.  Sheesh, I'm not sure I wanna do any more of this right now, I got protos to send out, pick up daughter from after-school volleyball, then we got homework to go over, plus wife comes home in about 30 minutes (and then all hell always breaks loose for some reason)!

Maybe one more test at the 750mA Table, with LT set on Level 5.  And Level 4, just to see the differences between them and Levels 4 and 5 on the 1000mA Table.

But here are some things I must consider on the final name (am debating real hard on this, all inside my head):

1) "LT" was indeed an acronym for one of the names

2) variable-power engine that suits more applications than just-five up/five-down

3) reconfiguration to use a variery of battery tubes and heads

4) enables this light to change from small form factor to big and in between, all with a

5) twist of the wrist (screw-on accessories) and press of the button (Tables/Levels)

6) what would be a better name for something that is able to change its shape/use at will?  Like the ShapeShifter on StarTrek's Outpost?

7) or an animal in the jungle that can do something similar this?

Hint?  Hint?

So "LT" may be out, and "___" may be IN!

****************************************************************************************************

Okay okay okay, George is right.  We should be more accurate and scientific and everything (sheesh these engineers are so anal, I tell ya - hee hee, just kiddin' George, just kiddin'...) so in the interest of science  I just now charged up a protected 700mA R123 I got from AW using a Nano charger also from AW, and it came out at 4.18V, and then I stuck it in an LT proto set at the (highest) 1000mA Table.

Turned it on at Level 5 while simultaneously turning on my Seiko Arctura Chronometer (accuracy +/- 5 seconds a month) at the very same instant so as not to be off by even a second, and sat back.

Light was way too bright sitting next to me on the computer table reflecting off a stack of white paper in the printer (coudn't really concentrate while working on the computer as the glare was just killing me) so I had to turn it away and face it onto the black vinyl cover of a Day-Timer Scheduler (yes I know, I really do need to get a PDA but they're just too high-tech and scientific for me, ya see...), and at the time the ambient room temp was approximately 78°F.

And we waited...

Okay, it finally winked out and I pushed the button on the Seiko timer within 5 seconds and saw that 35 minutes (actually 34 minutes and 55 seconds - or make that 50 seconds because I took 5 seconds to reach the timer switch - since we's bein' so scientific an' all) had elapsed.

The battery is now back in the Nano (using a different battery would be very un-scientific, ya see) :naughty: and when the red led indicator turns green to indicate another full 4.18V charge (yes, I will be sure to measure it on the DMM first), then back it will go into the same proto except it will first be set to the next lower Level (4) of the same Table (1000mA).

Stay tuned.

UPDATE 9-18-05:

Runtime tests using fully charged 600mA R123:

1) on highest Table (1 amp) at highest Level= 23 minutes

2) on lowest Table (350mA) at highest Level = 57 minutes

Not sure I have the patience to run-time every Level of every Table in the LT since 4 Tables x 5 Levels each = 20 tests(!), although Level 1 in every Table is the same at 20mA, but that still means 17 total tests...I will probably leave this to the reviewers, who will receive protos soon. :naughty:

UPDATE 9-17-05:

Here's a picture of three out of the four LT body parts, already beadblasted and all assembled to give you an idea of the LT's overall look.  Notice the metallic sheen of the beadblast finish.  This was achieved with finer grained, rounded, glassbead media particles.  A dull flat finish would have been the result of coarser, or less rounded, or less uniform, or non-glass media.  In other words, "Ah likes it!"

I am waiting for the final body part (the beadblasted tubes) to arrive so I can post a picture of the complete light.  They were shipped from TnC on Friday:

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

UPDATE 9-15-05:

There will be four separate current ranges, or "tables", in the new LT.  Each will contain five of its own fully current-regulated brightness levels.  And the range or table you use will be user configurable - meaning if you want your light to go no higher than 350mA on level 5 (High), you can do this.  It will still start at ~20mA for Low, and will step up proportionally (to the naked eye, or logarithmically) in four additional levels up to that 350mA High.

All features will still work in Each table - AutoSleep, single-episode switch lockout, instantly latched High - and again the High brightness level will only go up to the top of the range at which you set the LT.

The table maximums are 350mA, 500mA, 750mA, and 1000mA.

For the runtime/maximum-battery-life junkies, I have found that the 350mA range in combination with the MR reflector is plenty bright indeed, although when scanning through trees 50 yards distant it helps to bump it up a coupla notches, to 750 or even 1000mA.

It would seem that 750mA (the same level where the VIP maxes out) might likely be the ideal range for most users, a nice combination of adequate runtime with plenty of brightness.

But just like there are a variety of versions sold in the different current ranges of other electronic boards, George has wisely set up the LT's board to be user configurable  for one's individual taste and preferences, to fit a wide range of applications -

Want a true EDC-sized light with smaller head, and not so staggering brightness?  Set it at 350mA and stick the (soon to be available) small head on the LT.  Still 5 levels, but all within the 20 to 350mA range.

Want a light with tabletop flat, supremely long-lasting, regulated runtime?  Add a 168A longtube to the above combination, soon to be available from Otokoyama I am sure (but I'm just guessing, don't quote me on this one, it's up to Otok, so go beseech him now!).

Want a throw monster that's still dimmable to 20mA with four additional evenly-spaced steps?  Set it at 1000mA and get the turbohead (which I'm thinking about rather intensely these days). :naughty:

Or use one of the other two ranges (500 and 750mA) in between.  The possibilities are quite overwhelming, and all from a light that starts life at 3¼" in length by 1¼" in width.  Or narrower...:headbang:

UPDATE 9-7-05:

As promised, what follows are pictures of the very first LT prototype.  As the word "prototype" implies, it is a rough assemblage of the actual parts that will go into each LT - not quite preened nor polished and without its final finish, but the actual shape, proportions, fit and especially performance  will be identical.

The operating interface will be similar to the preceding series of Lion lights, except with nowhere near the total number of levels (64, 32, what-have-you) because all of the multiple dimming stages of the LT will be fully regulated, no easy feat for even a couple of levels as some lights may already feature, but rest assured the LT will have more levels than the VIP.  And all accessible with one hand.

But anyway, let's not delay the unveiling of the LT's first public dress rehearsal.

Here it is standing next to an already familiar light:

It is the one to the left of the LionCub, of course.

A comparison of head sizes and bezel openings with a Cub:

And now for the first LT beamshots as compared to another well-known light, a two-level custom flashlight with 27mm reflector and 917mA regulated driver.  The LT is on the right in all shots:

That was from two feet away against a white wall.  Here they are about 12 feet up on the ceiling:

The LT's hotspot is clearly stronger, and also puts out a larger and brighter transition area moving towards the corona.  This is due to the narrow band of smooth, untextured reflective coating on the outer portion of the LT's MR reflector, the area that serves to create the bulk of the hotspot.  But coupled with the orange-peeled surface of the rest of the MR reflector, it provides a flawlessly smooth beam to give us the advantages of both types of reflector surfaces.

This last beamshot was aimed on a shuttered window about 9 feet away:

Then each light was tested on a Meterman LM631 from approximately 39 inches away.  First the other light:

And then the LT:

One last fact about the LT - all beamshots and meter readings were taken on High for both lights, which on the LT is a true 1000mA.

And lest anyone think the performance and output figures of the LT seem too good to be true, this very same prototype will be winging its way across the water to independent testers quite soon...:naughty:

Please stay tuned...

********************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 9-1-05:

The proto boards are here, and will soon go into their proto body homes, probably tonight.  Note the double-populated nature of the boards - not even enough room to put everything on one side:

********************************************************************************************************

UPDATE 8-20-05:

All LT's will have Luxeon III stars bin coded "TXOH".

********************************************************************************
[/b]
This is the LT's reflector, here shown in a prototype head:

Note the halfway-only orange peel...[/b]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:21:25 PM by Geologist »
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
Re: Codename LT (Chameleon) - PART 2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:34:50 PM »
Sexy!... oh the Chamelion looks nice too! lol
nemul

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:16:04 PM »
Charlie, this is really blossoming into one hell of a light.  It's going to be so great for us to get one in our hands.  We're all as excited as we can be.  :thumbup:

Offline glockboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 09:34:16 PM »
 :thinking: :illtakeit: :toothy10:

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:05:09 PM »
Getting ready for the LT!

When do we get to find out what LT stands for anyway?
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline diggdug13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »
Charlie,
can you put in a beam comparison between the LT and the Lionheart please.  I'd really like to see the difference before I compare them at my house (after I buy the LT)

doug
A flashlight on the shelf collects dust; A flashlight in the hand collects darkness.

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
    • Stanton Hooley Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 01:58:36 AM »
It's nice to see all the pics together.  I really like that first one, almost looks diamond encrusted.  8)
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Stanton Hooley Photography

Offline 3rd_shift

• Bedtime at sunrise! ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 03:03:00 AM »
Any idea on prices yet, or too early?   :thinking:

I wish there could be an 18650 version of this new light someday.  :icon_santa:

The brass lioncub in the pics llooks like it needs polishing btw.  :P
plantruler@hotmail.com
is my email and paypal address. :)
Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight. ;)

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 09:37:15 AM »
It's nice to see all the pics together.  I really like that first one, almost looks diamond encrusted.  8)

Maybe that is the "SE" version - "encrusted with a karat of diamond particles -  guaranteed tougher that HAIII and will cut through tempered steel like a hot knife going through butter and will still mind you will still mind you will still keep its razor edge!"
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline LeDfLaShEr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 12:09:08 AM »
All this chatting is great....but I only have one question noone has answered....

When can I expect to see the package containing my LT sitting in my mailbox? ;)

Offline MR Bulk

• Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 05:42:35 AM »
Sexy!... oh the Chamelion looks nice too! lol

???  The Chamelion? :icon_scratch:

AWTYD, glockboy, and Geo:  Thanks!  And Geo, it stood for "LionTamer" but I've decided to go with Chameleon since it will be able to change into all those other formats after it is made to accept the battery tubes and heads from the other lights.

duggy, a beamshot or two will be forthcoming tonight.  I been busy...:naughty:

bindibadgi,

Yes, due to the way it was glassbeaded, it left a nice sparkly silvery sheen.  And ah likes it! :headbang:

3rd, I am going to offer an introductory "FF Special" price right here for a few days.  In fact I guess I should - *SIGH* - finally get a sign-up list going since the first official HAT event looks to be shaping up for around the third  weekend in October...and the LionHeart/Cub longtubes WILL FIT this baby, which will pretty much make it an 18650 version just by screwing on the tube.

And yeah, that BrassCub could indeed use some TLC.  See how busy I been?

LeDfLaShEr, see the second paragraph right above this...:thumbsup:
MR Bulk

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 06:15:12 AM »
Third weekend in October eh?  I'll be in Honolulu for the first and third weeks in November so if it's still going, I'd love to join in the chain gang.

Offline MR Bulk

• Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 07:04:27 AM »
Dang it bindi, the way the HAT teams is able to work now, we will be DONE before the end of October!  Can you come over a couple of weeks earlier?

UPDATE 9-26-05:

The official Sign Up List for the Chameleon has just been posted:

http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=749.msg12813#msg12813

Have fun...:naughty:
MR Bulk

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2005, 08:12:10 AM »
I figured you'd be all done by then.  Just makes me look nice if I offer see?  :P

Oh well, I guess I'll miss out on the fun, but I'll still want to drop by and visit.  Actually, maybe I could pick up my LT Chameleon when I come.  It'd save me on shipping, and it'd save you on, well, shipping.

BTW I'm glad I dropped by at this time tonight.  I'd usually not be online until the next day by this time (I'm home from work) but it's sure nice to make it in early on the list.  Now I can rest easy tonight.

Offline MR Bulk

• Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2005, 09:43:25 AM »
Have a good one Stan...and good night. ;)
MR Bulk