Author Topic: Stanley HID with 4300K bulbs  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Stanley HID with 4300K bulbs
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:14:30 PM »

Stanley HID with 4300K bulbs

Got some 4300K bulbs in form USA shipper

Mod these soon and put up for sale here...

Cheers!

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley HID with 4300K bulbs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »

Test Results:

- My 4300K bulb needs no shimming

- Very little power down after warm-up as compared to stock 8000k bulb. The powerdown is very different than 8000k bulb and much improved...

- 36% more output and better focus with upgraded 4300k bulb (this is after initial surge and warmup) over stock unit... (test using light meter and ceiling bounce)

I believe this will become a standard upgrade for Omni Lights...

Cheers!

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline nolan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
What, if any, other mods do you think you might try with this light? Besides changing the bulb I mean. Are you going to sell any of the bulbs? I picked one of these Stanley's up at Wally World and am quite happy with it. A better color bulb might be nice, but to be honest I have gotten used to the color of this bulb. This is a nice light for the price. It really puts out some light too. I was shining the thing around at work last night and just couldn't keep the smile from my face. Of course better output is always nice so what about those bulbs? :D a little more info for noobie please.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »
What, if any, other mods do you think you might try with this light? Besides changing the bulb I mean. Are you going to sell any of the bulbs? I picked one of these Stanley's up at Wally World and am quite happy with it. A better color bulb might be nice, but to be honest I have gotten used to the color of this bulb. This is a nice light for the price. It really puts out some light too. I was shining the thing around at work last night and just couldn't keep the smile from my face. Of course better output is always nice so what about those bulbs? :D a little more info for noobie please.

Hey Nolan

sorry for late reply, been crazy here...

Stock bulb is really nice but the 4300k puts out more light for sure; the trick is getting the focus just right... Having a run of Lipo packs made for these would be nice but probably would be borderline cost prohibitive unless done in 100's... The bulbs I have are actually a little short for a perfect fit. I have some Mule bulbs landing any day now which may prove easier to deal with. I also have some pre-cut shims arriving in two days that may prove easier to deal with. Depends on if BVH feels doing a bunch of these would be worth it too!

Will update soon...