Author Topic: It's official: I *FOUND* my light.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
    • Stanton Hooley Photography
It's official: I *FOUND* my light.
« on: March 14, 2009, 03:54:30 AM »
 :'(

A few weeks before moving house, I couldn't find my light.  Now it's a month since we moved, and we never found it while packing or unpacking.  I'm now certain it's gone.

It was a bare Al Lion Cub module fitted with the head from my Chamelion and a 150A tube (the straight kind for the Chamelion).

I loved that light, and I'd like to replace it if I can.

Any ideas on how to get all the stuff I need?  Anyone got any of the parts they are willing to sell me?

I want to stick a P7 or something in the Cub module, because of course it needs to be as bright as possible.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:50:06 AM by bindibadgi »
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Stanton Hooley Photography

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: I lost my light.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:27:53 AM »
Bindi,

Whoa dude, what a bummer.

I guess the best way is to look in the BST threads here and CPF. Good luck and sorry for the loss.

Bill

Offline TKC

• Lumminite & McGizmite!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
That stinks on ice!! I am so sorry that you lost your light.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Anon)

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »
 :(b sorry, man :(

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:31 AM »
Bindi, check with RPM.  I'd be willing to bet good money he'll make you one.  And it'll be better than the old one!

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
Re: It's official: I *FOUND* my light.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't know how to say this with all the meaning it deserves, but ... I FOUND MY LIGHT!!!!!

I couldn't believe it!  We were going through stuff for a garage sale, and my wife was going through a box of old baby toys, when suddenly she found my little light.

It feels kind of like being reunited with a kidnapped child!  It still works too (though it needs a charge of course).  I guess my son must have stashed it in his toy box before we moved.  It was his old toys at the time, because we never unpacked that lot (although I'm sure I checked in there; I searched everything we own!).

Well now I guess I'll have to think about an LED upgrade...

I was always so cut that I had lost that light.  I had feelings of loss and regret at least once a month.  In fact, it was only last night I was thinking about it again; I think I even dreamed that I found it in some long grass while walking in the nature reserve out the back of my house.

I think I'll go and celebrate with a drink.  Whisky anyone?   :thumbup:

Offline gearhounds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
Good for you; finding something you've lost and written off as gone forever is better than Christmas!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:24:45 PM »
which light was it? I never got that part!

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:17 PM »
oh never mind.  I was only reading your last post. 

You had misplaced a Franken-Cubbie?  Are there not civil penalties for such an act?

Hi all

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline bindibadgi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 03:51:37 AM »
It's probably only because I'm a foreigner that I escaped penalties for that. :P

Anyway now you know why I was so devastated!  It's a truly haunting experience I wouldn't wish on anybody.  :shocked:

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:43 AM »
BINDI, congrats on finding it
GEO!!!! Hows it hanging?

Hi guys  lol  :)

Bill

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »
It's probably only because I'm a foreigner that I escaped penalties for that. :P

Anyway now you know why I was so devastated!  It's a truly haunting experience I wouldn't wish on anybody.  :shocked:

It would be curious to redo a survey to see where, statistically the Bulk lights are in the world.  I know that AWTYD probably owns a 10% share in the lot (well at least in Brass LCs), but I still have a good stash over here in Germany.  Which reminds me that most of my rechargables are about toast and need to order a few sets of R123s and 150s when I get some extra $.  Saving now for the kids Christmas presents.

Still looking for a pair of pocket lights that I've misplaced in the house, Exolion Titanium and an Orb.  They will turn up somewhere.  Plus last week after going to the soccer stadium, I left an EDC Pentagon light across town at a friends house.  Now I just have to pry it out of his hands!
BINDI, congrats on finding it
GEO!!!! Hows it hanging?

Hi guys  lol  :)

Bill

Still trying to find gainful employment that puts me at (and preferably above) the poverty level.

It will be hard if Titanium hits Gold pricing - The Ti Queens might be facing a smelter! :rotflmao: