Author Topic: BVH (Bob) - New Member of the Omni Lighting Team  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
BVH (Bob) - New Member of the Omni Lighting Team
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:06:29 AM »

BVH (Bob), New Member of the Omni Lighting Team

I'm happy to announce a new member of the Omni Lighting Team! BVH (Bob) is known throughout our Lighting Community for his special designs and his calm straightforward demeanor. His works speak for themselves and most of us have seen them before. Here's a few for the new folks, Here - Here - Here - Here & Here. Bob will be handling Warrantee work for our products, advising on features and design of lights as well as creating and designing special projects as time permits.  Looking forward to working with Bob on bringing some Special Lights to the Community and he agrees that  MORE POWER & FEATURES THE BETTER as the Motto goes...

Cheers & Welcome Aboard!!!

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline BVH

• View Profile
Re: BVH (Bob) - New Member of the Omni Lighting Team
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
Thank you, Vic, for the very warm welcome!  I'm really looking forward to becoming more hands-on involved with high performance lighting.
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
Well good luck not many people as (in)sane as me when it comes to BIG lights, but Bob really is one step up with EDC (trailers and all) ;)

Offline Jimmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:45:49 AM »
Hi Lips,  I am really interested in the Mule.  Any updates on that, availability, price, Beamshots  :thumbup:?  What other cool stuff is in the works?  Looking forward to any updates.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:33 AM »
Hi Lips,  I am really interested in the Mule.  Any updates on that, availability, price, Beamshots  :thumbup:?  What other cool stuff is in the works?  Looking forward to any updates.

Hi Jimmi

The Mule's going to be a $600 + as it's a real powerhouse with true Dual output levels - 1.5 hours or 4 hours. Lot's of extras including metal carry case, keyed safety switch, swivel handle for standard carry or pistol grip, fast start and restrike ballast, white and red powerful Led's on battery that work even when battery off light, 12 amp hour Lipo with additional batteries available (discounted for Mule buyers), great reflector with excellent throw & with manual focus (.2mm shims comming in kit), car and Ac charger @ 2.5 amp rate of charge, battery meter on battery...   

Finishing up on all the changes I made to the light and some beamshots in Mule thread...

I have a new 75 watt HID light on the way (due at my house any day) from a different company that's a surprise!!!

I also have a LED light comming that is   Clap on    Clap Off        Should make a nice bedside light!

I also have some very nice Wireless DVR 3.6 LCD handheld monitor systems that will tape directly to portable hard drives or flash cards. Motion and sound activated. I record 24 hours a day at my house and these devices are excellent. I have one comming that has a talk feature where you can speak to the camera from a wireless monitor. Great home security...    (got confirmation email on these as I'm typing this  :) )

Working on trying to get a faster motor for the Barracuda remote light as these will take the high powered dual stage ballast and look stock... The light is fine as is but it would be nice if Manufacturer would upgrade it for me...

Were going to make up some BVH Blitz lights for sale and some battery packs with cigarette plugs...

Going to go for a 50 - 100 watt to bulb Ballast that has a heavy finned outer shell and low profile adaptors. ( Not going to start this until current orders have arrived)

Hopefully some other nice stuff too    :D

At some point I'd like to try and get the Mule coated in Black rubber paint like the L35 as well as an aluminum version done (designs have been made on the Aluminum version...)

Cheers!

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »

I have a new 75 watt HID light on the way (due at my house any day) from a different company that's a surprise!!!

Wow, didn't realize how small these things are... Gonna play with it for a few days and ship it off to BVH for some testing!

10 amp hour Lithium Ion Battery as powersource... Boost Button @ 50w to 75w & Flash Signal Button...    X  and  Y  adjustment capability for bulb...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:05:33 AM by Lips »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »

Got great news from Manufacturer of Remote Control Light (BARRACUDA)

They upgraded the slow and fast motors just for me!

Fast Rotation = 8 sec  vs   33 sec for old unit (25 seconds faster for full rotation) 
Slow Rotation = 13 sec   

Nothing on the market like these babies after they get the 35/50 - 100w Ballast Surgery. BVH is gonna be busy in Surgery!  Remote control is water proof and floats and the unit has shroud for saltwater applications...

I have min 20 units on the way.   

They have agreed to work on changing the software to allow tracking when light is off but plugged in...

They also have a brand new Hand Held unit going to show in April (Won't show me Pic at the moment...)

Light on Left

The 45 watt HID is completed and going to show in April.  I'll get some of the 1st units when ready...

New Version with larger window:

Old Version:

Cheers!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:47:14 AM by Lips »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »

I confirmed numbers on Rotation of Barracuda Lights that are on there way. These new lights will have a SUPER FAST tracking...

HORIZONTAL:
Fast Rotation = 8 sec  vs   33 sec for old unit (25 seconds faster for full rotation) 
Slow Rotation = 13 sec

VERTICAL:   
Fast Rotation = 2 sec 
Slow Rotation = 5 sec

I HAVE PICS OF THE NEW HANDHELD HID LIGHT. LOOKS GREAT!

Waiting for permision to show...

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
I also have a LED light comming that is   Clap on    Clap Off        Should make a nice bedside light!

I also have some very nice Wireless DVR 3.6 LCD handheld monitor systems that will tape directly to portable hard drives or flash cards. Motion and sound activated. I record 24 hours a day at my house and these devices are excellent. I have one comming that has a talk feature where you can speak to the camera from a wireless monitor. Great home security...    (got confirmation email on these as I'm typing this  :) )

Security Samples have arrived. Must go through and find the good stuff!