Author Topic: OMNI LIGHTING by LIPS  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
OMNI LIGHTING by LIPS
« on: January 15, 2009, 03:36:22 AM »

Welcome to the newest Sub-Forum on Flashlight-forums.com

OMNI LIGHTING by LIPS

Looking forward to some quality time in providing new interesting HID Lights and More to the community. I'm taking BVH's advice and am trying to organize my efforts a little better...

Mr. Bulk said it very well in a Welcome Post so I'm gonna repeat it here:

"The flashlight hobby forum made up of Flashaholics, by Flashaholics, for Flashaholics."

Welcome To Flashlight Forums!

The foremost aim of our little lighting forum is to rekindle the environment of an earlier time, when internet boards were smaller, were made up of known and trusted members, where members had no politics or agendas to promote, where disagreements between people were settled on their own in a civil and friendly manner, and where the primary purpose was to enhance our enjoyment of this most compelling and rewarding hobby.

Flashlight Forums is not meant to replace or compete with any other flashlight discussion board, but to simply offer a different kind of playground for us "Flashaholics", a haven we can come to where open and genuine communications can freely take place with few rules.

Of course we encourage you to keep in mind the old saying, “Let common sense be your guide”, as well as the fabled Golden Rule – posting (speaking) to others in the same way you would want others to speak to you.

We have now completed the process of acquiring our own specific domain along with the new name of Flashlight Forums, and my own name is no longer used as the title, thus assuring there are no restrictions on what kinds of - and whose - lights can be presented/discussed here, as long as it is done in a cordial and non-confrontational way.

No member is discouraged from pursuing the hobby from a commercial aspect, although it is hoped that the items offered can be unique and leading-edge.  In fact truly new and fresh ideas and products, developed and even built by ourselves, will likely be of greater interest than webstores simply offering flashlight items already commercially available, although they do serve their own important functions as well.  And of course Group Buys, where significant savings can be realized through bulk purchasing, are always a good thing and indeed encouraged.

So again, the main thing is the enjoyment of the hobby.  You are hereby invited to sit back, kick off your shoes, relax and get into the spirit of our new home, a different kind of playground, your own personal clubhouse...and a breath of fresh air.

Welcome aboard  FF!   

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
Re: OMNI LIGHTING by LIPS
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:42:26 PM »
Good Luck, and lets get some lights on this thread ;)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »
Good Luck, and lets get some lights on this thread ;)

Thanks Tony...      I've got a buch of nice things ordered coming over by boat soon...

I've got a few High Powered ballast & bulbs in stock and instead of selling all of them I'm gonna make a few turn-key 2 stage Power on Board Mods with neat features... (Key Lock, Voltage Displays, Flip Up Protected Toggle Switch, Long-Run Led Mod red & white --should have run-time measured in weeks--

Still have to wait on those 12 amp hr LiPo battery packs to get here     ;)

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline BVH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »

I'm taking BVH's advice and am trying to organize my efforts a little better...

Did I say that??

Glad to see all your efforts in one place.  It'll be easier for me to buy....I mean read all about the cool stuff your making!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:14:29 AM by BVH »
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:34:55 AM »

Looks like there is no end to the neat stuff you come up with, Lips!  Hopefully, you'll post a thread summarizing all the neat stuff, lights and parts, that will be available for sale here.  I've really lost track of it all, there's so much.

Did I say that??

Pretty Much!!

Offline BVH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:27:38 AM »
Oh, that!  Look's like I'm getting CRS!  Oh Krap!
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
Thank God I'm not the only one who has CRS.

Lips, I waiting to see all your cool stuff too.

Bill

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 05:32:53 AM »
Thank God I'm not the only one who has CRS.

Lips, I waiting to see all your cool stuff too.

Bill

Hey I think I have it too.

By the way what is CRS  :D

Offline BVH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 06:29:19 AM »
Vic, would the type of post (questions on the 100 Watt ballast) I made in the Maximus thread be better over here?  The only reason I chose to start there is because the ballast is the one used in the Maximus, IIRC.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »
Vic, would the type of post (questions on the 100 Watt ballast) I made in the Maximus thread be better over here?  The only reason I chose to start there is because the ballast is the one used in the Maximus, IIRC.

I think I'm going to try and use the Sub-Forum for mostly Sales-Service-Questions on lights in stock and for sale. Laid back either way!