Author Topic: Another New Guy : )  (Read 4751 times)

Offline georgemaggos

• Grateful <><
    • View Profile
Another New Guy : )
« on: January 03, 2009, 11:37:08 PM »
Hello,

I have been registered here for about 6 months & I just looked at how much time I have logged in here & it is just shy of 24 hours thats almost a whole day & I have not posted that much or started a thread or much participation on my part so here it is a relatively new year & I am going to change that right now.

I own three of Charlies lights & love them  ;) I really like the side mounted button & the user interface is the easiest to use of all the lights I own  8)

I am not slamming anything or complaining I am just commenting that I found this forum & his lights all too late because now Mr. Bulk has stated he is taking a SERIOUS break from making flashlights for now & I just got here, oh well thats just my luck  :'(

Ok so I have spent hours reading & learning from this forum thanks I appreciate everyone who has contributed to it & almost every thread I read I go to post a reply & I get this warning message  :o

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

I dont want to drag up or revive older threads some people dont like when others do that but I have started reading from the older posts to learn & read the progression of these awesome lights & thats where the info is.

Again please dont misunderstand this  :2bonk:  I am not moaning about anything so dont flame me :violent5:  I am just talking about my own experience & thoughts. I am not trying to upset anyone.   

I will continue to read  :read2: old threads & learn as much as possible & will try to contribute if & when I feel I can add something but for right now I am enjoying my lights & learning how they came to be.

Thank you in advance for your understanding  :sign4:

Here are my 3 Mr. Bulk lights I hope to add more soon
( I wish I would have found all this sooner)

~George

~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "

Offline shuter

• View Profile
Re: Another New Guy : )
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »

Hi George  :D  I have not been around here that long either and like you I wish I had found Mr. Bulk and this forum earlier. Like you I have spent many hours reading old posts. 

I see you have already acquired a LionHeart, DragonHeart and LionCub.  Those are the three Mr. Bulk lights that I am interested in as well.  They are pretty hard to find but come up for sale every now and then.  Don't be afraid to post.  The people here are helpful and many have a lot of history in their heads.  :)

Offline dmdrewitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
Hi George

Welcome to FF!!     Great to have you here  :thumbup:

FF has a great bunch of people with a wealth of skills, knowledge and generosity  ;)

David

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »
Welcome George, If you have any questions just ask.  :thumbup:

We have a nice group here.

Bill

Offline Steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi George,

Nice to see you at FF my friend. I know how you feel, I was late to the party too :crybaby2:.  If you look hard enough you never know what you might be able to find:
Ti Bulk

Best Wishes,
Steve
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:48:03 PM by Steve L »
Go Wings!!!

Offline fläshgreëniè

• Flashaholic
  • all your fatty cläms belong to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
show off... :p   :D

Hi George,

Nice to see you at FF my friend. I know how you feel, I was late to the party too :crybaby2:.  If you look hard enough you never know what you might be able to find:
Ti Bulk

Best Wishes,
Steve

Offline Steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
Sorry about that, I just couldn't help myself :-[

Cheers,
Steve
Go Wings!!!

Offline dmdrewitt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
Very nice collection there Steve

Is the one on the left a Ti Dragon CM on RPM head and cell tube?

Offline Steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
Very nice collection there Steve

Is the one on the left a Ti Dragon CM on RPM head and cell tube?
Hi David,

Thank You for the kind words. The light on the left is an original Ti Cub that I received from Donn. The head was opened up by ArsMachina (to let out more lumens), a SSC P4 with a MCR-20 were also added. It's one of my favorite lights.

The light on the right is a Ti Dragon, I believe it is 1 of only 2 that have the Big Dragon on its bottom (not numbered).

Best Wishes,
Steve 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:57:02 PM by Steve L »
Go Wings!!!

Offline georgemaggos

• Grateful <><
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 03:11:27 AM »
Thanks for the great welcome guy's I appreciate it & wow the photos of the lights make me want them all even more .

~George
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
Welcome back George!

Many of us (including myself) have been pulled away from the great home that has been provided to us - I am also hoping to have more time THIS year as 2008 was crazy.

Let your light shine!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »

Welcome aboard, new dood/s!  I have been under the weather since returning home after new year's from a holiday trip (sick as a dog actually w/101 fever, chills, runs, etc.) but at least feeling almost like normal by now.  Those who ordered stuff, they will be shipping out soon except for the ones who asked to hold off until they decide if there's anything else they might want, to save on shipping.

Happy New year to all!
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Likebright

• ----EDC----
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »
Yah,
A Happy and Bright New Year To ALL.

Mike
DH / Peak Ti Baltic / Chame. / LH / LC x 2 +Lh / Arc4+ / LSH Twisty / AA / AAA / SN-II / PocketMate W / L3 / (O-dr.) TryStar Phazer / 4 C cell regu. M@g TWOJed x 2 / Tiablo A8 x 2 / WiseLed Tac.1500 / OLight Q5 / LumaHunter M1-R