Flashlight Forums
September 30, 2014, 01:55:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See which Flashaholics live near YOU!  Member Map

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FENIX LD20 (180 lumens) vs. Surefire E2D LED Defender(120 lumens)  (Read 4221 times)
ruben_TO

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:46:12 PM »

hey guys,

im sorry i must throw this question out here about which is better surefire vs. fenix, im sure u guys have heard these kind of questions over and over again but im just wondering, i need to buy a flashlight for work in the policing field. im looking at these 2 flashlights, but cant choose between them..i know the E2D has about 60 less lumens than the LD20, but other than the price and the battery size are there any comparisons that i should know of? are they as durable as surefires? are the lenses built differently that the light beam is stronger in a particular brand? also which light is better for close quarters and also as a flood light that can be used to look over wide areas? distance is also a big thing for me, which light has the better visiblility distance? i would like to pay as little as possible, but i mean if the surefire is alot better id rather fork out the money for it. 
thanks guys i appreciate ur feedback.
ciao
ruben
PoliceScannerMan
Moderator BatMan
Flashaholic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

OK, this is easy for me.  I dont even know about the Fenix, but I'll tell you this.  I glanced at the Ld20  Surefire under rates the lumens while Fenix over rates lumens.  Surefire is made here in America, Fenix is made in China. 

Surefires Pyrex window is tough as nails. 

I was never a fan of optics until the E2DL.  The light has decent flood and a TON of throw.  Not to mention the attitude adjusters on the front and rear.

The interface on the SF is easier, and none of the strobe and SOS crap that the Fenix has. 

IMO, you will be happier and more confident in your policing with the SF.

Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd".
-PSM
crazee horse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:22:38 AM »

hi ruben, i have 3 fenix"s, and im not biased at all, unlike others. i couldnt comment on surefire, BUT owning three fenix, i am over the moon. i have a tk10, a eo1 and now a pd30, which is an absolute beast with unbelievable throw. the battery life is VERY VERY long and they are built to last. as always i"d recommend trying them both in a shop side by side, but if you go fenix, you will not be dissapointed. you can feel the quality. just because something is expensive does not make it good Thumb Up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: