Author Topic: Bulkware Reference Thread - A Collective History of Mr. Bulk Creations  (Read 27435 times)

Offline shuter

• View Profile
Re: Bulkware Reference Thread - A Collective History of Mr. Bulk Creations
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 04:21:59 AM »
About the Stainless Steel DragonHearts:

Actually it should be 24 SS DragonHearts. The 03-20-08 quote from the TNC shop in this thread says 24 stainless lights. Charlie sold at least 20 through this sales thread and additional 4 in his DIY LionCub (AND OTHERS) thread. The numbers in his sales thread indicate 22 preorders for the SS DH but I believe 20 were actually sold plus the additional 4 makeing the total of 24 SS DHs.

About all the other DragonHearts:

The sales thread has the following numers in the sign-up list: 12x brass, 14x bare, 12x black, 1x HA. When you head over to Lips DragonHeart Coating thread youīll recognize one additional bare for Mr.Bulk making the numbers 12x brass, 15x bare, 12x black, 1x HA. BUT youīll also recognize kiely23 on the coating list who originally was put down with a black DH on the sign-up list. So now the numbers would be 12x brass, 16x bare, 11x black, 1x HA. BUT Lipsī list only has 13 bare lights noted for a special coating! So now we need to find out if RPM, m3stk and LouRoy changed their mind with their bare DHs and what finish was chosen instead or if these 3 bare DHs were just ment to be bare without any coating. I just fought my way through the 35 pages of the sales thread but didnīt read every single post. So letīs assume 3 bare lights without any coating were made.

And now the important part that amps up the aluminum/brass DH numbers: Charlie mentioned several times half of the produced DHs (originally 50 were planned) will have to go to a certain online vendor, who turned out to be lighthound. I know for sure that lighthound sold HA black, HA natural as well as brass DragonHearts! Iīm not aware of any bare DHs sold through lighthound.
Hereīs what Charlie posted:
Uh-DAY-um!  Waal rott hayer we already gots us TWENTY-EIGHT lights PAID rott hayer...DAY-um! :thinking::icon_scratch:

Actually I just received some news - if everyone pays up, there will be around 33 FF buyers total.  I expressed this concern to www.LightHound.com and John Crighton has kindly agreed to take 27 as LightHound has already received requests from people wanting to be on their OWN preorder list(!), and we thus agreed to bump total production up to SIXTY DragonHearts.  Woo hoo! :headbang:
So unfortunately there will be sixty DragonHearts total, period.
So it is either 60 aluminum & brass DHs total or, since we have 40 lights on the sign-up list plus 27 for lighthound it is 67 aluminum & brass DHs total. Since we donīt know the number of HA black, HA natural and brass DHs sold through lighthound we canīt come up with a total# of each different flavour I guess.

Eric

Hi Eric - Glad to see someone taking me to task on the chart numbers.  I was pretty much stalled, although I had a list of update notes to be added at some point.  Since this is Troy's thread I could not modify the chart and was reluctant to copy and paste the chart but since you posted here to update/correct it, I copied and pasted it here.  Hope you don't mind Troy.  I had not updated any of the DIY Kits or the SS DragonHearts Mr. Bulk recently sold. I also had saved some corrections to make and was going to give them all to Troy all at one time but it makes more sense for me to make them directly as new information becomes available.  We can use all the eyes we can get to complete the chart with as much accuracy as possible.  Lets go through your post one at a time and see if we can pin things down.

1.  SS DragonHearts - Adding the four SS DragonHearts Mr. Bulk recently sold through his DIY thread the total is now 24 as you pointed out.

2.  The DragonHeart Sales Thread - You put the count at 12 produced.  I count 12 Brass DragonHearts on the final sign up list as you do.  I can not remember why I put 15 on the quick reference chart.  I can not find anything in the thread to indicate there were 15 produced.  Perhaps I just mis counted.  I will change it to 12. 

3.  The Special Coatings Run that Lips co-ordinated - How many Bare Aluminum DragonHearts were produced?  I see 13 on the sign up list (1st post) but number 13, (Kiley24) is signing up to coat a Chameleon.  That leaves twelve.  Also, in post #69 Lips shows what appears to be all of the lights he coated.  I count 12 DragonHearts there as well.  The Reference chart shows the breakdown of those 12 Bare DragonHearts after plating.  Are you saying there were more than 12 DragonHearts coated by Lips?  Or, have you found evidence that there were more than 12 Bare Aluminum DragonHearts produced.  I'm not following, could you explain?  This quantity of Bare DragonHearts is something I would like to get right.

I have PM'd Lips to see what he can remember.

4.  Total DragonHearts produced - I think you are correct about there being a cut off at 60 DragonHearts.  This number may not be completely accurate though as Mr. Bulk sometimes had a few extras done for one reason or another but absent of evidence to the contrary I think we have to go with what is posted.  There are 32 listings on the final sign up sheet.  Seven of them ordered 2 lights for a total of 39 sold by Mr. Bulk.  Is that what you see or have I miscounted again?

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Or anyone else for that matter about chart information.

Offline Eric242

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 08:16:43 AM »
Hi Gale,

you are right with the 12 bare DragonHearts on the coating list. I didnīt recognize it was a "chammie" for Kiely23 and unfortunatelly counted it as a Dragonheart. So now we are on the same page with 12x brass, 12x black, 1x HA. The number of 39 lights on the sign-up list is also correct Gale. But it doesnīt reflect the one bare Dragonheart for Mr.Bulk listed only in LipsīCoating thread thatīs why I put them down with 40 lights. Also the sign-up list has a total of 14 bare DragonHearts + the one for Mr.Bulk from Lipsī Coating list making it 15 bare Dragonhearts of which only 12 got a special coating. Iīd say you list is correct except you have to add 3 bare DH that didnīt get a coating.

Eric

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »

I'll go back and try and figure out. Other lights were done and one had to be sent back for a redue..   :D

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »

Eric - The chart has been updated to reflect three Bare Aluminum DragonHearts.  A new and rare catagory.  Thanks for the correction.   :D  We will see if Lips can verify.

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 02:13:02 AM »
Jeez shuter, that is one nice collection, and nice presentation too.  Nice to see someone who is keeping their Bulkware instead of selling them off.  My collection is limited and used, not to be shelf queens, and not to be sold for any reason.

Bill

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2009, 02:51:22 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Bill.  Guess I'm taking the Bulk in Bulkware seriously.  Sell my Bulkware!  :o  There will come a day for herd thinning but I am definitely in the collecting mode for now.  I haven't graduated to carrying any of them at this point.  I pocket carry an Aeon or a newly found Lummi Raw.  Really can't stand anything larger than that in my pocket.  I'm going to have to look into a belt holster for the Cubs.  Just sent a Brass Cub and Diamond Dragon emitter off to milky to see what kind of magic he can work.  Mostly I haven't been able to bear risking damage to my Bulkware babies.  Silly, but I can't help it.  :)  Love the Cubs and DragonHearts.

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
Why I like my Chameleon's is that they are really made for EDC.  The bead blast finish looks good wearing in and if it get dinged so what as it was never made to be a "queen".  I just like the UI of the Bulk lights.  If you have a Chameleon, start using it and have that one modded for you for greater utililty.

Bill

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:35 AM »
Since this is Troy's thread I could not modify the chart and was reluctant to copy and paste the chart but since you posted here to update/correct it, I copied and pasted it here.  Hope you don't mind Troy.

Not at all, Gale.  I appreciate that there are still people like you who care about the chronology of Mr. Bulk lights.  After all, the Bulk Family is an important part of custom flashlight history, and we'd be remiss to let this pass by without chronicling its story.

I cut and pasted your chart into the main thread (and deleted the former copy).  Let me know how else I can help.

I just want to say thanks to Troy for starting this thread

AngryAmerican: all thanks goes to shuter.  He's the one behind this thread.  I'm just the secretary.   :D

Offline AngryAmerican

• The Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »
Troy, I don't know if I should be thanking you and shuter or not. Since I saw this thread I traded my brass DH for a SS one and now I'm looking for a BA Cub.   :blinking:  When will it end?  ???

Seriously, thanks to everyone who contributed info to this thread.  :thumbup:
There are two kinds of people in this country, AMERICANS
and people who live in America

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 05:59:56 AM »

Thanks Troy.  Generous of you to say but you have been an asset to this effort to chronicle the Bulkware.

Traded your Brass Dragonheart!!!!  AAAARRRgGGG  :(  I've been looking for months without success.  It did go to a great guy though. 

Offline shuter

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
Why I like my Chameleon's is that they are really made for EDC.  The bead blast finish looks good wearing in and if it get dinged so what as it was never made to be a "queen".  I just like the UI of the Bulk lights.  If you have a Chameleon, start using it and have that one modded for you for greater utililty.

Bill

I do have a Chameleon that is imperfect.  Wonder how a Diamond Dragon emitter would do in one?  Think I'll look into it.

Offline Steve L

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 11:23:46 AM »

Thanks Troy.  Generous of you to say but you have been an asset to this effort to chronicle the Bulkware.

Traded your Brass Dragonheart!!!!  AAAARRRgGGG  :(  I've been looking for months without success.  It did go to a great guy though. 
Hi Shuter,

I want to Thank Troy for getting this started and Shuter for all the effort he's been putting in to nail down the all details and fill in the missing pieces :thumbup:. Thanks for the kind words on the Trade My Friend!!!

AA Thanks for a Great Trade My Friend!!! A very Stand Up Guy, Highly Recommended!!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Steve
Go Wings!!!

Offline AngryAmerican

• The Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »

It was a spur of the moment thing. I'm more of a keeper,but I like the look of the SS over the brass.

Steve, it was a pleasure doing business with you too Bro. You get two big thumbs up from the Big Baby Brigade (we hate to wait).  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming........ :rotflmao:
There are two kinds of people in this country, AMERICANS
and people who live in America

Offline aikiman44

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:04 AM »
Props to all those who put in the time here. :thumbup:
I said I liked it.  I didn't say I wanted to kiss it.
 - In a Lonely Place

Offline shuter

• View Profile

After a long search, I recently acquired a Brass DragonHeart.   :D   It had quite a bit of patina so I decided to polish it along with some of my other Bulkware.  My first attempt at polishing looks great to the eye but the photos show they need more work.  I am finding it difficult to get the knurled areas on the Brass Cub polished.  Can anyone tell me how to get that area shined up?