Author Topic: Discontinuing Brass Line  (Read 5299 times)

Offline RobynS

• View Profile
    • Peak LED Solutions
Discontinuing Brass Line
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals!

I wanted to let you all know that we will no longer be manufacturing Brass lights :( - we do still have some stock, but as it gets sold, we will not be making any more.  The extreme rise in cost of the "Red" metals (brass) has made it impossible to continue manufacturing this line.

If you have any questions about availability etc, please feel free to give me a call 877-881-7325.

Have a good one!

Robyn
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:21:16 PM by arewethereyetdad »

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: Discontinueing Brass Line
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:55:23 AM »
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chronos

• Life Is Good!
    • View Profile
    • Racer-X
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it all out, buddy. Let it all out. It'll be ok. We're here for you.

Well, some of us are. 

;)
A few favorites from milkyspit, McGizmo, Surefire, MR Bulk and others

Here at Flashlight-Forums we put the "FUN" in "DYSFUNCTIONAL."

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »
I'm with Dad on this one.  That really sucks!  Why not just charge more for brass?

My brass Peaks that I've had for years, all still work "smooth as silk".  I can't say that for the HA III aluminum ones.  This probably means I won't be buying anymore Peaks.  :'(

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline RobynS

• View Profile
    • Peak LED Solutions
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »
I'm with Dad on this one.  That really sucks!  Why not just charge more for brass?

Dave

It simply is not cost effective - the prices have more than quadrupled !!!  We love the look and feel too - and it's a breeze to machine - its just way too expensive to purchase in any type of quantity to do production runs.  We think it stinks too!

Stay tuned - will be announcing a "close out sale" on remaining brass stock shortly!

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
OK, Robyn, I understand, reluctantly.  Will this mean the custom work will not be available in brass as well, I guess?  A big "What if", what if folks here on the forum arranged to purchase the brass stock and had it delivered to you?  Like a group buy project or something along those lines.  Would that be possible?  Just an idea.

This is disturbing to me, obviously.  :o  Right now I'm spent out on lights and just about everything else, but I'll try my best on the close out sale.  Depressing in both the short, and long run.  Hummm  :'(

Hang in there Robyn, you guys (I know your're a gal, "Da Boss":)) are top notch!  :thumbsup:

Dave
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:25:35 PM by 45/70 »
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
When I was but a teen in Brit Boarding school, I used to scavenge scrap brass from our metalworkshop- just to fondle it-I spent a goodly amount of time turning it and otherwise machining it for fun projects. I LOVE brass, as do so many other worldly aficionados of gentlemanly metals. It's sad to hear that Peak LED solutions can't use it anymore. I suppose it increases the value of my legendary AWR Nano Brassie just that much more. Future generations will have less brass to go for- very sad indeed.

Offline RobynS

• View Profile
    • Peak LED Solutions
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »
OK, Robyn, I understand, reluctantly.  Will this mean the custom work will not be available in brass as well, I guess?  A big "What if", what if folks here on the forum arranged to purchase the brass stock and had it delivered to you?  Like a group buy project or something along those lines.  Would that be possible?  Just an idea.

This is disturbing to me, obviously.  :o  Right now I'm spent out on lights and just about everything else, but I'll try my best on the close out sale.  Depressing in both the short, and long run.  Hummm  :'(

Hang in there Robyn, you guys (I know your're a gal, "Da Boss":)) are top notch!  :thumbsup:

Dave

Dave -

Anything is possible !  ;)

We still have stock on most items in brass - some is very limited though (mostly the older models).

I was told the sale would be up last night - hopefully tonight!

Thanks for your support!

Robyn