Author Topic: New features  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • If I only had a brain...
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
New features
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:56 AM »
Spell Check now works. YAY!

Arcade installed. Check it out here.  I still have many more games to install.  I'll add a few each week.

Feedback system still is "Playing mode" but now you have to put in a reason for the feedback and there is a log that everyone can see.  The link for the feedback log is right next to the stats link at the bottom of the forum index.  Or go here.  You can see I already gave Charlie his negative feedback for no reason at all.  This is not the end system I want to have here but it is a small step in the right direction.

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
Re: New features
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:03:05 PM »
hey.. man after seeing my 'smite' level approaching triple digits.. I was going to say "i'm taking my marbles and going home".. yeesh... it is kinda funny.. but i have no idea if people are being playful or actually upset by something i posted and w/o any kind of feedback loop impossible to tell.... i didn't notice but there should be a link to the actual post that generated the reason.

-awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline NetMage

• View Profile
    • Starlight Computer Wizardry
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:14:47 PM »
Hey!

Looks like you need an arcade.gif...
MRBulk Cham/168A, LionCub/150, LionCub/LionHead/168A, LionHeart; SureFire U2, L2, L4/McE2S, TW4R/McE2S; HDS EDC U60/18650; Chop ExEMod; CR2 Ion; Orb Raw/2S; MilkySpit Q3, Q3 "mother", Arc LSH; McLux PD; FF2; Jil Lite DD Upg, 1.3 Up; Arc AAA-P, Mag85, 74; Ginseng Polaris; pending Nano,Draco

BC0311

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:30:43 AM »
Great job, Randy!   :thumbup:  Wow, lots and lots of changes since I was last here.  Even the name.   Keep up the great work.

Britt

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:26:21 AM »
Hey Britt, wait till you see the new logo...(it even Moves). :naughty:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

BC0311

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 04:44:19 PM »
Hiya Charlie   :D   I haven't caught up with all the changes yet.  This is terrific, it's so much easier to do so many things.  The "real name" feature is cool, I managed to do that.  It makes it more personable and friendly to be able to address someone by their first name.

A new logo, eh?  I'll be watching for it.

I noticed that the other place has new software but I just deleted their shortcut from my desktop.  I noticed KF has new software but it is sort of confusing to me.  This is my forum "home" now. 

I got your email and will respond later today, I don't know how you do it all.   But it will be nice for you to have when you retire from the PD and launch into your second career.    :thumbup:

Thanks to you, Randy and the others for making this available and making it so pleasant and fun.

Britt

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 08:01:42 PM »
whoa my smite rate went from like 8/day to 1 since.. kinda wondered how many closet CPFUrs were involved in that rambunctious smiting.. on the other hand.. it could have all been 'just good clean fun' but the problem was w/o knowing it was starting to get under my skin.. good timing for the update.

It would be nice if the named lists had links to the user where the username is listed... and would be really nice if there was a link to the post that brought about the comment.

-awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
Just curious - how are the games hosted?  Is the content coming from a local server or does it come from another source?  I would be interested in setting those games up on my personal server.
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline NetMage

• View Profile
    • Starlight Computer Wizardry
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 09:06:16 PM »
Maybe I should have mentioned the icon is for the other theme :)

Classic YaBB SE Theme

but I guess I'm the only user!
MRBulk Cham/168A, LionCub/150, LionCub/LionHead/168A, LionHeart; SureFire U2, L2, L4/McE2S, TW4R/McE2S; HDS EDC U60/18650; Chop ExEMod; CR2 Ion; Orb Raw/2S; MilkySpit Q3, Q3 "mother", Arc LSH; McLux PD; FF2; Jil Lite DD Upg, 1.3 Up; Arc AAA-P, Mag85, 74; Ginseng Polaris; pending Nano,Draco

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • If I only had a brain...
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 11:56:27 PM »
I added your icon the Classic Yabb theme.  Thanks for the graphic.  :)

and Yes you are the only one using it :)