Author Topic: Boker Subcom / MPT  (Read 1969 times)

Offline StuGatz

• View Profile
Boker Subcom / MPT
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
I recently received three :triplets: Boker Subcom folder knives (tan, black, and gray) and the MPT with black finish. The subcoms frame locks have a "beautiful" lockup, fit, and finish. As you can see, they make excellent money clips and fit pretty well in the pocket. Nice handy little cutters. :naughty:

The clips on the Subcoms are reversible (note the three small holes on either end of the frame lock side)

The MPT comes with a sheath & variable mount that is not the most high quality looking mounting system but not too bad and I have not had the opportunity to actually carry the system.

These knives are scary sharp and appear to be VERY well designed and made. All in all I'm quite impressed.  :thumbup:

All the best...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:43:38 PM by StuGatz »

Offline Gizzy

• View Profile
Re: Boker Subcom / MPT
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »
hey stu *waves*

Totally agree! These bokers are the bomb! Great size combined with not too shabby metals and a decent price point make them a definite winner!!

I personally use the Boker Subcom Wharcom for my daily needs. The straight edge is more towards what I need, and just gotta love a wharncliff blade :cheesy:

You can swap out the handles btw, there's a small cottage industry sprung up customizing peoples boker handles, it's pretty sweet looking with some wood handles :thumbup:

Offline ZENGHOST

• View Profile
    • ZENGHOST.com
Re: Boker Subcom / MPT
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
That's good to hear, the designer of the Subcoms is Chad Los Banos is a local boy from the Big Island.  I haven't gotten any of the Subcoms, but I bought a Spyderco Lava that he designed a while back and it's a well designed knife.  He's a good guy too, I did a trade with him a few years ago before his designs got picked up.
Darrent Williams R.I.P.
Damien Nash R.I.P.