Author Topic: Can we talk politics here?  (Read 8275 times)

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Can we talk politics here?
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:37:42 AM »
No, really.  Can we?
///rā'gən·täg

Offline BigHonu

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Can we talk politics here?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:20:26 AM »
I'm cool, as long as we can keep the discussion civil. 

:thumbup:

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:48:22 AM »
I'm cool, as long as we can keep the discussion civil. 

:thumbup:
Thats usually the problem, personally I rather not go there. 
Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd™".
-PSM

Offline Chronos

• Life Is Good!
    • View Profile
    • Racer-X
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »
What a shame.

What happened to the days of the loyal opposition? To Ron and Tip screeching to the cameras, then sharing a whiskey off camera?

It must be a vast Right Wing/Left Wing conspiracy.
A few favorites from milkyspit, McGizmo, Surefire, MR Bulk and others

Here at Flashlight-Forums we put the "FUN" in "DYSFUNCTIONAL."®

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »

Hmm,   maybe we need or should have our own Under-Forum for more aggresive topics. I'd be for that...

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline verbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »
I think we're all mature enough in this forum, uh....right?  If the majority of the admins and mods don't mind, why not give it a try?  If it doesn't work out, then y'all ....REGULATE!, hehe.  Anyways, just my two cents....

Offline Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »
I’m very interested in how this gets resolved, and thanks Reg for starting this discussion. When I was young in the fifties and sixties people of opposite political persuasions were able to discuss issues intelligently despite their differing political outlooks. Politics used to be a normal topic of conversation in any environment where people gathered, and I regularly read (with profit) columns expressing opposite points of view from mine. Nowadays it seems to be the opposite in every respect—minds that differ politically are virtually unable to find any common ground whatsoever for discussion. Therefore, unless everyone present espouses similar views, political discussions at any kind of gathering are rare at best, and I am seldom able to get past the first paragraph of columns on the other end of the political spectrum. I’d be surprised if it turned out to be any different in this forum, but it is certainly worth a try provided that it gets stopped immediately if it gets out of hand because, after all, flashlights are (and politics are not) the glue that keeps us all logging on to this site.

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »
Carry on, I'll keep an eye on it,  I got the padlock ready. :evil6:
Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd™".
-PSM

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »

:dontknow:

Barack Hussein Obama

AKA   Barry Soetoro

1. Where was Obama born? Hawaii; an island off of Hawaii; Kenya; Canada; or ?
2. Was he a citizen of Kenya, Indonesia and/or Canada?
3. What was the early childhood of Obama in Hawaii; in Kenya; in Indonesia when he was adopted; and later, back to Hawaii?
4. An explanation as to the various names utilized by Obama that include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham.
5. Illinois Bar Application – Obama fails to acknowledge use of names other than Barack Hussein Obama, a blatant lie.

36. Obama is a representative of the Democratic People. However, Obama must meet the Qualifications specified for the United States Office of the President, which he must be a “natural born” citizen. Additionally, Obama must be at least a “naturalized” citizen to hold his Office of U.S. Senator for Illinois. Unfortunately, Obama is not a “natural born” citizen, nor is he a “naturalized” citizen. Just to name one of the problems, Obama lost his U.S. citizenship when his mother married an Indonesian citizen, Lolo Soetoro who legally “acknowledged” Obama as his son in Indonesia and/or “adopted” Obama, which caused Obama to become a “natural” Indonesian citizen. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro relocated herself and Obama to Indonesia wherein Obama’s mother naturalized in Indonesia. This is proven by Obama’s school record with the student’s name as “Barry Soetoro”, Father’s name: Lolo Soetoro, M.A., and Citizenship: Indonesia.
37. There appears to be no question that Defendant Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was a U.S. citizen. It is also undisputed, however, that his father, Barack Obama, Sr., was a citizen of Kenya. Obama’s parents, according to divorce records, were married on or about February 2, 1961.
38. Defendant Obama claims he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 4, 1961 and it is uncertain in which hospital he claims to have been born. Obama’s grandmother on his father’s side, his half-brother and half-sister all claim Obama was born not in Hawaii but in Kenya. Reports reflect that Obama’s mother traveled to Kenya during her pregnancy; however, she was prevented from boarding a flight from Kenya to Hawaii at her late stage of pregnancy (which, apparently, was a normal restriction, to avoid births during a flight). By these reports, Stanley Ann Dunham Obama gave birth to Obama in Kenya, after which she flew home and registered Obama’s birth. There are records of a “registry of birth” for Obama, on or about August 8, 1961 in the public records office in Hawaii.
39. Upon investigation into the alleged birth of Obama in Honolulu, Hawaii, Obama’s birth is reported as occurring at two (2) separate hospitals, Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital. The Rainbow Edition News Letter, November 2004 Edition, published by the Education Laboratory School did a several page article of an interview with Obama and his half-sister, Maya. The Rainbow Edition News Letter reports Obama was born August 4, 1961 at Queens Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. More interesting in February 2008, Obama’s half-sister, Maya, was again interviewed in the Star Bulletin, and this time, Maya states Obama was born August 4, 1961 in Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women & Children. 

"We really don't believe he was born in Hawaii," Berg said. "We think he was
 born in Kenya." The presidential candidate's father, Barack Obama Sr., was

born and raised in a small village in Kenya, according to Obama's campaign Web

site. Berg's suit claims the senator's grandmother, brother and sister, who live in

Kenya, believe they were present during Obama's birth in the African country.

Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, grew up in Kansas, and his parents met at the

University of Hawaii when Dunham was a student there, according to the Obama

campaign. Eventually, Obama's father returned to Kenya, and his son grew up in

Hawaii with his mother and for a few years in Indonesia after Dunham married an

Indonesian man, Lolo Soetoro. Also, Obama lived with his maternal grandparents

in Hawaii. "If he was born in Hawaii, and he was adopted in Indonesia by Lolo

Soetoro, (Obama) would lose his citizenship," Berg said.

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline HarryN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
For me, the decision on "how to vote" is just way too easy.  In summary, I am voting for someone other than the Dem and Rep candidates - anyone else, and I encourage others to as well.

First, Keep in mind, I live in CA.  We all know CA is going to vote Demo, so no matter my politics and no matter my vote, that will not change.  This brings up an interesting concept - now I can actually vote as either a "protest" or "really how I feel".

Second, I am just mad as heck about the bail out vote.  I am convinced that no matter how much money we give to the banks, they really will do nothing to help, and never planned to do anything.  The large banks are much better off just holding their cash, let everyone fail, then pick them up for 5 cents on the dollar.  If you are offered such a great concept, tax payer backed, why the heck would you do anything else ? 

The majority of congress, senate, and our two fearless nuthead leading candidates have now turned over control of 3/4 of the entire US budget to one man, who imagines that banks are the only industry in America.  With that kind of logic, none of them deserve a vote, and will not get one from me.

I really don't see either the rep or dem candidates as evil, just not committed to the two main ideals I have for a leader:

a) Protection of the rights of the individual
b) Conversion of the tax system from income based to sales tax based.

When ANY candidate will even say those words, even lying about it, I will back them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:47:16 AM by HarryN »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »

Never seen this before but well worth my petty time    :rolleye:   ... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJC1Xk6H8M

Offline CS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »
With the ties that obama has with certain groups and peoples,Yep its a no brainer,and what he wants to do in our country.Yep a no brainer
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 12:05:11 AM by PoliceScannerMan »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »

Best 30 seconds of a debate ever, Go Scott Brown (Lt. Colonel of the Army National Guard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDdwNDGf38

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:40:32 PM by Lips »

Offline Rebel

• with a cause
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 08:58:21 PM »
No, this is how you have a debate (Taiwanese style).  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-hNVfTZqw&feature=related
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country." - Edward Bernays

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
Wonder if Pelosi has a decent right hook?

hmmm
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?