Author Topic: Lanyards  (Read 53559 times)

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
Re: Lanyards
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 03:43:37 AM »

As you can see there are 2 little tabs that hold the cover closed.
Using a very thin screw driver...insert it the right side and pry just enough to disengage the tab...now holding the cord and cover, lift it open while pulling to the right, to pop the left side open. The cover should now be open and will swing up to expose the cord. Take out the cord....string on the clip....put the cord back and snap it closed.......

ALL DONE  :thumbup:

Bill
Bill:

Absolutely what I needed. You da man!!   :sunny:

Following your directions and pictures, it took less than 5 minutes to get it on the right way. I really appreciate your time in taking the pictures and walking me through this. The key for me was where to pry it up with the screwdriver. I fiddled with doing this, but in the wrong place, which wouldn't have helped at all.

BTW - still no response from Surefire support - almost 3 days and counting.

--Bob

Hey no sweat guy............We @ F-F like to take care of our members.

On behalf of the F-F member support team, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you in your time of need and look forward to serving you in the future....... :thumbup:

Sure Fire don't got nothing on us.......:rotflmao:

Bill

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 11:49:22 PM »
Probly not the best idea for a throwing knife, well the actualy lanyard anyhow, the grip is pretty nice though and thin and tight, couldnt resist adding matching lanyard even though it may get caught up and slow it down when actually thrown

still fun to hold and look at~ Maybe ill just do a grip on the second one

Ya know - just going on aerodynamic principle and I could be all wrong here, if the lanyard were long enough it would trail behind when the knife is thrown and act as a "tail piece", keeping the knife pointed forward as it sped through the air...:dontknow:  Same principle as on fireworks rockets with that long stick attached to the side and extending back, the aerodynamic drag on it prevents the rocket body from "tumbling" and the dang thing flies straight - until it either explodes (rocket) or lodges deeply into its intended target (throwin' knife).  Worth a try anyway.
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 11:54:16 PM »
If if the tail was long enough, you could hold on to it and reel it in afterwards!!!

OK maybe not but it seemed like a cool idea
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2005, 01:46:16 AM »
Probly not the best idea for a throwing knife, well the actualy lanyard anyhow, the grip is pretty nice though and thin and tight, couldnt resist adding matching lanyard even though it may get caught up and slow it down when actually thrown

still fun to hold and look at~ Maybe ill just do a grip on the second one

Ya know - just going on aerodynamic principle and I could be all wrong here, if the lanyard were long enough it would trail behind when the knife is thrown and act as a "tail piece", keeping the knife pointed forward as it sped through the air...:dontknow:  Same principle as on fireworks rockets with that long stick attached to the side and extending back, the aerodynamic drag on it prevents the rocket body from "tumbling" and the dang thing flies straight - until it either explodes (rocket) or lodges deeply into its intended target (throwin' knife).  Worth a try anyway.

:rolleye:  Hold on, lemme get my waders on.   :laughing8:

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 04:06:47 AM »
No, REALLY!  Try it with, say, a plastic tube of some kind or whatever - it will tumble when thrown far enough - but attach a string to one end and it'll fly straight - I promise!
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2005, 02:59:15 PM »

Sure Fire don't got nothing on us.......:rotflmao:

Bill

I finally received an e-mail from Surefire support last Friday. I was out of town, so didn't pick it up until yesterday. In about 10 words (wish I had saved the response), they basically said to attach the clip to the split ring on the lanyard, and then hook up the other end of the clip to the flashlight. The problem with that is that on the E1E, which is what I bought that lanyard for, you are supposed to hook the lanyard up to the pocket clip, which has a very small opening. The split ring is the only thing that will fit on the flashlight clip. The lanyard clip is too big to hook through anything. So their suggestion wouldn't have worked.

So another hats-off to BruddahBill for his outstanding response!  :D

--Bob

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 10:55:45 PM »
they basically said to attach the clip to the split ring on the lanyard, and then hook up the other end of the clip to...

a car battery then tie it around your neck.   That's what I thought you were gonna tell us.   :rolf:

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 02:51:09 AM »
they basically said to attach the clip to the split ring on the lanyard, and then hook up the other end of the clip to...

a car battery then tie it around your neck.   That's what I thought you were gonna tell us.   :rolf:

Power to spare, but it would be a little difficult as an EDC! On the other hand, some of the pants that I see some kids wearing probably have big enough pockets to accommodate!

--Bob

Offline clipse

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »
here are some of mine.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 06:13:04 PM »
4 months and no activity.  Gotta give this thread a *bump*!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 06:43:09 PM »
Anybody got a lanyard that fits Geo's neck?  :rotflmao: :woot:

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
You get a couple of days off and you pick up an attitude!  Maybe ya need some lithium!

And a lanyard!

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »
 :rolf:  True.  I could use either or both at this point.  :laughing7:

Offline Stormdrane

• ANIMIS OPIBUSQUE PARATI
    • View Profile
    • Stormdrane's blog
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 01:44:39 AM »
Here's one on my Q3.  There are more on my blog page if you want to try making a few variations of lanyards.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
Looks nice!  I got some paracord - maybe I need to figure out how to make something with it!