Author Topic: Lanyards  (Read 54579 times)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
Re: Lanyards
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 11:54:24 PM »
Hmmm, there must be an alternate way as those end thingies on the lanyards are usually locksnap types and pretty difficulat to pull apart again without braking something.

Got a pic?  Even if you have no way to host it FF has its own pic host, just keep it under 128kb in size.
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 02:29:45 AM »
Here's a link below to the Surefire website. It show the clip between the lanyard and the split ring. This is what I'm assuming it SHOULD look like.

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/z50_large.jpg

Mine has the split ring on the lanyard where the clip should be, and the clip isn't attached to anything - it's was laying alone in the bag. No way for it to be disconnected accidently. Looks like I may need to send it back and get another one! I'll try to attach a picture of mine. Never done a photo attachment, so if it doesn't work, let me know how to insert it.

--Bob

Offline ZENGHOST

• View Profile
    • ZENGHOST.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 11:14:54 PM »
Can you get the clip onto the split ring?
Darrent Williams R.I.P.
Damien Nash R.I.P.

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 12:39:46 AM »
Hmmm, I think Zen's onto something here - you'll need a pair (or two) of needlenose pliers, though.
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 12:41:42 AM »
Yeah I have seen the lanyards go both ways meaning that in this case, the clip goes on the split ring, and then you get another split ring for whatever light (or item like a battery holder) that it will be attached to.

Fo example, my A2 doesn't need a ring, not does the battery carrier.  OTOH, an E2e would need an extra split ring!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 12:43:31 AM »
Oh and while I am thinking about it, where can I learn to make some of these cool lanyards?  There are a few I know, but these (and those like the Cub Tail) look nice.  Would love to have a better resource if available!

OR we could have class right here in this thread!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 02:47:59 AM »
Can you get the clip onto the split ring?

Didn't try that, but it looks doable. Then, as Charlie said, I can get another split ring and hook that to the light. The clip is too big for the light, but the split ring should do the trick. I'll just have an extra split ring, which is no problem. Thanks for the idea!

BTW, still no word from Surefire support. I sent them the picture as well. I was the same lanyard on e-Bay, and it didn't look like the clip was connected on that one either. But the picture on the Surefire website shows it differently. Now I'm just curious about how it's supposed to be configured, but the solution here sound very doable. Thanks for the great idea, Zenghost! :thumbup:

--Bob

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 04:08:10 AM »
Wait guys.........let me get my camera from my son

BRB

These are very easy to open......you just need to be careful and take it slow.

As you can see there are 2 little tabs that hold the cover closed.
Using a very thin screw driver...insert it the right side and pry just enough to disengage the tab...now holding the cord and cover, lift it open while pulling to the right, to pop the left side open. The cover should now be open and will swing up to expose the cord. Take out the cord....string on the clip....put the cord back and snap it closed.......

ALL DONE  :thumbup:

Bill
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 04:51:53 AM by BraddahBill »

Offline loalight

• sweet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 04:55:02 AM »
as far as weaving lanyards, it's dead easy, and fun, and really kind of the equivalent of knitting. :)

more info than you'd ever want, Geo:
http://www.bluemoon.net/~dotoran/the_projects3.htm
  Ti LC UW0K    HA3 Nat LH #001 UW0K    LT  Draco

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 05:02:41 AM »
Loa !!!!!.............

Knitting?......KNITTING !!!!

My manpride is hurt  :'(

Guess I'll go knit another lanyard.

Bill  :-[

Offline loalight

• sweet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 05:11:48 AM »
Wellll, I call 'em like I see 'em. I carry a manpurse (Fatboy, arhem), I knit lanyards, I chop down trees, i eat my lunch...

:icon_geek: :rolf: :violent4:
  Ti LC UW0K    HA3 Nat LH #001 UW0K    LT  Draco

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 05:21:20 AM »
Hey.........

Manpurse (Fatboy) COOL been meaning to get one.......If I can just stop buying lights long enough  :help: to save some funds.

Bill

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 02:36:30 PM »
Heeees a lumberjack and  he's OK he .....!

[I'll stop here to protect the innocent]

Offline Readerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 02:08:04 AM »

As you can see there are 2 little tabs that hold the cover closed.
Using a very thin screw driver...insert it the right side and pry just enough to disengage the tab...now holding the cord and cover, lift it open while pulling to the right, to pop the left side open. The cover should now be open and will swing up to expose the cord. Take out the cord....string on the clip....put the cord back and snap it closed.......

ALL DONE  :thumbup:

Bill
Bill:

Absolutely what I needed. You da man!!   :sunny:

Following your directions and pictures, it took less than 5 minutes to get it on the right way. I really appreciate your time in taking the pictures and walking me through this. The key for me was where to pry it up with the screwdriver. I fiddled with doing this, but in the wrong place, which wouldn't have helped at all.

BTW - still no response from Surefire support - almost 3 days and counting.

--Bob

Offline Shade

• []D [] []\/[] []D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 03:37:15 AM »
Probly not the best idea for a throwing knife, well the actualy lanyard anyhow, the grip is pretty nice though and thin and tight, couldnt resist adding matching lanyard even though it may get caught up and slow it down when actually thrown

still fun to hold and look at~ Maybe ill just do a grip on the second one
I've come to chew bubble gum and kick flashlights....and I'm all out of bubble gum