Author Topic: Group Buy "MAXIMUS" 80 & 100 Watt HID Remote Control ~ 9000 Lumen (CLOSED)  (Read 63596 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Hello Lips,

It looks like there are some very interesting lights on the horizon thanks to you. Keep up the good work.

I am interested in a Maximus Model B and a spare bulb.

I am also interested in a Yellow Jacket and a spare bulb.

Regards,
Mark

Gotya Mark,  Interest List updated...

Let's do 1 more light if anyone likes and close this out with final proposed specs and order placement. We have lots of talent on board to go forward with this R & D project...

back soon!

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline billhess

• View Profile
any guess on the price of B? about how long until they are shipped(ballpark)? how much is a yellow jacket?

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
any guess on the price of B? about how long until they are shipped(ballpark)? how much is a yellow jacket?

I hate to guess because I'm usually wrong... but I'd say B would be 25% more and two weeks to build 1 week to ship after all specs set... YJ around $355 to your door. Only guesses and keep in mind all will ship to me and I have to then ship to everyone. (My time is free  :D and I have to repackage and ship to you guys) They also have to get a shipping quote when order is set. I built-in and spread the est shipping into the price as best I could. Keep in mind the 4 extra motors per light ate up all my fudge factor! (getting the tracking speeds right will be worth it in the end...)

I see the reflector is aluminum.  Any word on whether it's plated and if so, with what material it is.  Or is the aluminum highly polished?

On the reflector I got back aluminum alloy that is coated (no coating material listed)

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline BVH

• View Profile

I hate to guess because I'm usually wrong... but I'd say B would be 25% more and two weeks to build 1 week to ship after all specs set... YJ around $355 to your door.

Lips is your guess for model "B" 25% more than the $355 (so it's $450) or is your guess $355 delivered?  I wasn't sure how to read that?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:33:41 AM by BVH »
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline billhess

• View Profile
25% more than the A model which is 450, which means he THINKS the B will be around 565$  The other price was for a yellow Jacket. Of course we will not hold him to any price and hope he adds a little for his help/trouble/time.

Offline BVH

• View Profile
OK, got it,  thanks JPC!
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

If two or more maximus operating in the same general area would the lights interfere with each other. Any way to get different frequencies in the remote controls or are the frequencies random per remote. Any way around this problem...
------> No, it would not interfere with each other. Yes, we can make different frequencies according to your requirements, if any. There are two frequencies being used: 315MHz ( mostly used) and 433MHz.

On Model B would a weather proof switch be possible to disconnect power getting to ballast to avoid accidental turn-ons since a battery will be inside...
------> Yes, we can make such switch upon your request. Pls list this in your specs and features, if needed so that we can quote to you as accurately as possible.

I thinking 6 meters for both A/C and D/C cord lengths...  Cool?

For this project:

Spare Yellow Jacket Bulbs = $15 each

Spare Maximus Bulbs (80w) = $20 each
 Both Model A & B

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:42:05 AM by Lips »

Offline BVH

• View Profile
Bulbs are really cheap.  At that price, I'd probably want two extra instead of one.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Bulbs are really cheap.  At that price, I'd probably want two extra instead of one.

Hey it's about time us flashoholics got another round of discounts from the manufacturers! We offer lots of advice and suggestions so we deserve it... Thanks to those past and future who give discounts and get feedback in return... Heck it's cheaper than paying a R & D salary and probably better straight info to boot!

Cheers!

P. S. Wish list for both Models A & B sent in.  I'll post a spec list for both models when I hear back and close this out. I've asked them to get things in the works to get these to us as soon as we can... No obligations till I get shipping and total out with B price post... I'll likely order what's posted in the interest list anyway and send payment, then collect from the group.

Offline JetskiMark

• View Profile

I agree. Please put me down for two spares for each light.

Now I wonder how well the ballast will hold up?

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark

Offline cue003

• View Profile
I will take an extra bulb as well.

Curtis.
-- CUE

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

I agree. Please put me down for two spares for each light.

Now I wonder how well the ballast will hold up?

Regards,
Mark

Ra has the 80w ballast and is running test for future post... I think/hope it should be fine!…

I will take an extra bulb as well.

Curtis.

Gotya 003

I went ahead and added the safety (power cut to ballast) switch to Model A as these lights might be used in close proximity to one another!

- On / Off safety switch that is weather resistant and built onto the light that cuts power to ballast. This would cut-off power to ballast for accidental ON/OFF or power drain of battery… This does not necessarily need to turn light on or off…

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

I got the shipping quote in today so things are moving forward...

Spec List was OK so I'll post it asap...

35/65w,  80w, 100w ballast can be ordered for Mods( all less than $100 per). I have a 100w comming for a Costco HID & DL-50 Combo MOD... Ballast are 9 - 32 v so should work with stock battery to save cost...

Cheers!

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

100w Ballast (Maximus) with a Dual Switch like the  Yellow Yacket Light  being a  60 Watt to 100 Watt         

2 Stage Ballast

:icon_shaking:

Let's see the cost?

Offline BVH

• View Profile
I want M O R E power!  I'll never use the 60 watt mode.  How about 150 Watts!  YEAH!