Author Topic: Group Buy "MAXIMUS" 80 & 100 Watt HID Remote Control ~ 9000 Lumen (CLOSED)  (Read 61552 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Model B info:  100 Watt HID

- AC Power Cord (request detachable)
- Cigarette Plug for Vehicle (request detachable)
- Protection of Lithium Ion Battery for overcharge and overdischarge
- Requesting Fast-Start-up and Hot-Restrike (There 35 - 65 model Yellow Jacket have both of these)

Updated Interest List as of 04/10/08:   Feel free to join in or drop out...

See post 1

Cheers!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:23:46 AM by Lips »
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline BVH

• View Profile
Lips, will the 100 Watt run real-time off the AC power cord as well as be re-charged using the same AC cord or is the AC cord just for charging?  And same question for the DC power cord?  Just confirming, they're indicating the Model B will run between 4 and 5 hours off the Lithium battery?  ("battery releasing time under 100 Watt - 4-5 hours")

Any final price on the Model B?  It all sounds too good to be true!

Edit:

Model B available in either 4300K OR 6000K?

What lamp are they using?  Is it the FatBoy overdriven or a different 100 Watt rated lamp?

In further reading, looks like on Model B, one must choose between a DC input OR and AC input light.  Both inputs not available on one light, correct?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:16:48 PM by BVH »
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Lips, will the 100 Watt run real-time off the AC power cord as well as be re-charged using the same AC cord or is the AC cord just for charging?  And same question for the DC power cord?  Just confirming, they're indicating the Model B will run between 4 and 5 hours off the Lithium battery?  ("battery releasing time under 100 Watt - 4-5 hours")

Any final price on the Model B?  It all sounds too good to be true!

Edit:

Model B available in either 4300K OR 6000K?

What lamp are they using?  Is it the FatBoy overdriven or a different 100 Watt rated lamp?

In further reading, looks like on Model B, one must choose between a DC input OR and AC input light.  Both inputs not available on one light, correct?

BVH

At ShortArc's recommendation Model B will have (both) removeable AC cord and removable DC cord. I have sent email to clarify if one or both cords will power light or charge or both at the same time...  These are customHID and they will do what we ask if cost are reasonable in order to come up with a light that will sell in the NA market. I believe we are the first to get this particular host that's being modified.  I don't believe the 4 -5 hours is correct for 100w. For example the spec for the battery is 14.4v - fully protected over/under and as large of mah that will comfortable fit in the base of the light. It will be a large battery with lots of mah but not sure of total runtime. It will be nice to have the AC & DC removeable plugs to supplement the power requirements...

No final price on Model B yet. Model B will be gettin the  6 motors also - 3 vertical axis and 3 horizontal axis with the medium motor installed in both axis. We will be able to change motors to achieve correct V&H speeds per multiple motors and give our recommendations for the new production light. This is a collaborative effort between group buy team and the factory to come up with a great light so this is why the price reflects a R&D light and not a Retail Light... The factory makes many electronic lines and products and can make things to certain requested specs...

The Yellow Jacket light I have packed up for shipping tomorrow has a nice 4300k bulb with nice color and with lots of power. No 6000k bulbs for me!!!  I had the option of sending in DL-50 bulbs and sockets for these lights but there goes the cost through the roof. I figured the bulbs on the Yellow Jacket lights are very good so lets try there bulbs on the remote lights. 

Shrouds are removed...

The ballast specs were for short start-up time and hot-restrike. The ballast specs were detailed so I left them to the engineer but to be guided by the most efficient and effective ballast to match up to the correct bulb...

A really unique and fun project that popped up out of nowhere, BVH, heres to hoppen you join in on the design team!

Anyone feel free to make suggestions - criticisms -ask questions...

Lips

You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.

Offline cue003

• View Profile
If you get the answers that are favorable, I am thinking model B for me.  :)

Curtis
-- CUE

Offline ShortArc

• View Profile
...and a spare bulb for me as well...
...Looking like a dream light...
I can not believe more people have joint this!!!

Offline BVH

• View Profile
I'm with Cue, the "B" for me, depending on price.  Thanks Lips for the info and all the work setting this up!
WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW Marconi, 1KW VSS-3a, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam, 150 Watt Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Fritz HandSun, LarryK14@52V

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

Cool!  I'll update the list later...

I'd like to make each Model A and Model B with same specs respectively so below are some questions and answers to ponder and make suggestions for conscensus. Also per Ra the 80w ballast is quick-start so extra bulb may be at hand.

On model B having the detachable cord (cigarette plug or AC or Both ???) will be great. An AC plug for home socket and a cigarette adapter to power from vehicle would be nice features. Are both doable?
---------> Yes, both are available.

* Will the AC plug (removable) be able to  charge the light and real-time run the light at the same time or will it only charge the light?
-----------> Yes, the A/C plug is detachable( removable).Currently it only charge the light but we can make the two functions as you mentioned above by attaching 1pc of built-out 300W adaptor which is roughly USD45.

* Will the DC cigarette plug (removable) be able to charge the light and real-time run the light at the same time or will it only run the light?
---------> Yes, the DC cigarette plug is also detachable ( removable) but we have to ask what your DC volt range will be because currently our design is 12-24V. If you need 36v, we will have to add 1pc of DC-DC revertor, costing USD30.

* Any estimate of total runtime for 100w unit and max mah size the battery will be able to be. One of your flyers said 4 -5 hours and someone was questioning whether that is doable...
-----> What's your requirement( demand) of total runtime ( continous electricity-releasing)based on 100w?  We need to design on it to satisfy your need.

Any estimate on price on B yet...
-----> We will answere you after you confirm to us your complete technical requirements.To lower unit cost and keep a better pricing based quality, the built-in lithium battery has to be limited to 2 hrs of electricity-releasing. As for enlarging electricity-releasing time, we have to rely on the power supply or battery ( built-out).

I think adding the capability for AC power to run both models A & B would be a big  +  and worth the $'s

Cost will be virtually at cost on this R & D run so don't worry about that too much. I think we have enough people now but 1 or 2 more is OK...

Let me know  ;)

Offline BVH

• View Profile

On model B having the detachable cord (cigarette plug or AC or Both ???) will be great. An AC plug for home socket and a cigarette adapter to power from vehicle would be nice features. Are both doable?
---------> Yes, both are available.
Both desired

* Will the AC plug (removable) be able to  charge the light and real-time run the light at the same time or will it only charge the light?
-----------> Yes, the A/C plug is detachable( removable).Currently it only charge the light but we can make the two functions as you mentioned above by attaching 1pc of built-out 300W adaptor which is roughly USD45.
Highly desired

* Will the DC cigarette plug (removable) be able to charge the light and real-time run the light at the same time or will it only run the light?
---------> Yes, the DC cigarette plug is also detachable ( removable) but we have to ask what your DC volt range will be because currently our design is 12-24V. If you need 36v, we will have to add 1pc of DC-DC revertor, costing USD30.
12V to 24V works for me

* Any estimate of total runtime for 100w unit and max mah size the battery will be able to be. One of your flyers said 4 -5 hours and someone was questioning whether that is doable...
-----> What's your requirement( demand) of total runtime ( continous electricity-releasing)based on 100w?  We need to design on it to satisfy your need.
Per below, 2 full hours is great for my use

Any estimate on price on B yet...
-----> We will answere you after you confirm to us your complete technical requirements.To lower unit cost and keep a better pricing based quality, the built-in lithium battery has to be limited to 2 hrs of electricity-releasing. As for enlarging electricity-releasing time, we have to rely on the power supply or battery ( built-out).
As said above, the outboard AC power supply is desireable

I think adding the capability for AC power to run both models A & B would be a big  +  and worth the $'s YES

Cost will be virtually at cost on this R & D run so don't worry about that too much. I think we have enough people now but 1 or 2 more is OK...

Let me know  ;)

Probably a spare bulb for me, too.

I see the reflector is aluminum.  Any word on whether it's plated and if so, with what material it is.  Or is the aluminum highly polished?

7,000 Lumens seems a low rating for 100 Watts based on the Barn Burner being 8,500 Lumens at 75 Watts.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:19:03 PM by BVH »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile

5400 for 65 watt

7000 - 7500 for 80 watt

9000  + for 100 watt

Watt may be total output so + or - around 10% which Ra should be able to confirm... Not sure how BB is rated...

I'll check on Reflector coating or polish...

Thanks for your input!

Offline billhess

• View Profile
I think I understand the difference, A is 80watt no battery and will hook up to 12v and is 450$, B is 100 watt with a battery and will hookup to 12v or 110v and will be more expensive.  will A have a magnetic base?  Can I buy one and just slap it on different vehicles with a long cigarette plug?  I approx how long till I would get one(A)?  If all the above is close I would like two A's.

I'm new here but have been a member at CPF for a long time.  Thanks

Offline Patriot36

• View Profile
This looks like an outstanding project!  I've very interested in a model B.  Please count me in for one.  Any idea of the price yet?

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
MAN! 9000 Lumens!! :drool:
nemul

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
I think I understand the difference, A is 80watt no battery and will hook up to 12v and is 450$, B is 100 watt with a battery and will hookup to 12v or 110v and will be more expensive.  will A have a magnetic base?  Can I buy one and just slap it on different vehicles with a long cigarette plug?  I approx how long till I would get one(A)?  If all the above is close I would like two A's.

I'm new here but have been a member at CPF for a long time.  Thanks

Welcome Patriot36 and billhess

Post 1 updated with current interest list...

As of now:

Model A = 80w -  power unit from 12v cigarette plug and power unit from AC plug - Magnet in Base

Model B = 100w - power unit from 12v cigarette plug and power unit from AC plug - Built-in Lithium Ion Battery - Magnet in Base

Around 10 days to make back some time ago. I imagine it will take longer now with updates and more units. As we move along I'll get an estimate on time frame. The sooner we settle the specs the sooner they will get made too!

We'll take 1 or 2 more....

Cheers!

Offline Patriot36

• View Profile
Thanks lips.  I'm really excited about this project.  I've been through this thread a couple of times now.  Great info.

Offline JetskiMark

• View Profile
Hello Lips,

It looks like there are some very interesting lights on the horizon thanks to you. Keep up the good work.

I am interested in a Maximus Model B and a spare bulb.

I am also interested in a Yellow Jacket and a spare bulb.

Regards,
Mark
Regards,
Mark