Author Topic: Ti Gatlight- IN COLOR! (anodized)  (Read 15083 times)

Offline Osprey Guy

• Flashaholic, Knifemaker
    • View Profile
    • NumberNine-Marketing Communications
Re: Ti Gatlight- IN COLOR! (anodized)
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 02:50:13 AM »
John-

I haven't been in here for awhile.  Too busy with various "distractions"...

Walter from Lumencraft (Gatlights) just gave me a heads up about this request of yours. I'll respond to you offline.

Thanks.

Dennis

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
Hey Dennis,

What you end up doing please be sure to post a few shots for us to see.....   :thumbup:

Bill

Offline jlboland

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 04:14:30 PM »
HI, Dennis;
I'm not familiar with this forum, and how it works, so can I ask that you work out the best way to "get it blue" with the "bluer" ie anodizer as to whether you ship it to him assembled, or just the parts to be shipped back to you after anodizing.  The $100 is fine.  I can pay you to get it to him, or some other arrangement you set up with him.  Does he have a direct email address you could send me? You have mine already?

This has gotten a bit complicated, but I'm sure it will be well worth the additional hassle and cost.

John B
509-582-7608
johnboland@earthlink.net

Offline Osprey Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:46 AM »
John-

I'll try e-mailing you again (Walter had provided me with your e-mail address). I don't understand why you didn't respond directly to my e-mail...Especially since I prefer to conduct all business privately and not in this "public" forum (not that I have anything to hide).

I'm a little confused about your message here. If I've interpreted this correctly it looks like (perhaps) that you don't fully understand that Walter and Kyle are the guys who own Lumencraft (the makers of the Gatlight)...and I am the guy who does the anodizing. Although I am developing a relationship with Walter and Kyle, I am an independent "artist" and in no way affiliated with them.

For the previous Gatlight that I anodized, I only did the bars around the light..so there was no disassembly of any electronics required (The bars are basically there for aesthetics and were easy to disassemble, and reassemble). If I understand correctly the only other part that's Ti is the knob. I haven't removed one (yet) but says it's easy and has suggested that I could handle that myself (he offered to walk me through it), and then re-assemble when I'm finished with the anodizing. I suppose I could give that a shot.

I'll shoot you another e-mail now...and I'll include my mailing address and contact info.

For the future, how about we continue our private business discussions offline? Either via e-mail or by phone.

Thanks,

Dennis
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:37:36 AM by Osprey Guy »

Offline Osprey Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 04:50:17 AM »
What you end up doing please be sure to post a few shots for us to see.....   
Of course!

Dennis