Author Topic: The Torch press coverage  (Read 9850 times)

Offline Darkgear

• Tin Man
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • If I only had a brain...
    • View Profile
    • Darkgear.com
The Torch press coverage
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »
Article on Engadget.

Link

Article on I4U news. 

Link

As far as I can tell, all this press has sent sooooo many people to Wicked Lasers that their site is currently bogged down and unresponsive.

Offline herbsandspices

• Note to self: Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Torch press coverage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
I wasn't award Mac made "The Torch" for Wicked Lasers?!!? Cool! 8)

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »
go Mac!
nemul

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:01:23 AM »
Impressive!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline herbsandspices

• Note to self: Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
Wicked's Torch page still isn't loading... does anyone know the specs of this light - is it a modified Mag?

How much did Chris have to do with this? We want info! 8)

Either way - super cool! :thumbsup:

john

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 12:47:11 AM »
Funny, my mom sent me that link from Engadget, too, with the statement: "here's one I'll bet you don't have."  I think I boggled her mind when I told that, yes, indeed, I do have that one.   8)

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:27:29 AM »
Awesome Mac. I was hoping it was you doing the torch with WL, and they werent copying ya....  :thumbup:

Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd".
-PSM

Offline Hallis

• Heck yeah it's got a diffuser!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »
It doesn't appear to be the same light to me. Did Mac design this one?
Ginseng: Aurora 2, Polaris TK (Special Prototype) | Me: SNII Clone, | Mr Bulk: Bare LH, CPF LH #41, HA LH #270, CPF HA LC #41, Modded Light Rover | Nuwai: 2x Q-III's | Surefire: E1W Winelite | Photon Fanatic: Groovy: CPF #3, 24k, CNC-123: Black, HA, Blue, EN

Offline cmacclel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 05:42:08 AM »
I'm waiting for a sample to see how much it has changed :) Yes I worked with Wicked on this project.

Thanks Guys

Mac

Offline miniskunk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
I have purchased and received my Torch from Wicked Lasers. Sadly I am very disappointed with what I received. Batteries when charged using their charger last no more than 2 mins before dimming and running out of power. Also the charger design is very poor. Its just two magnets soldered on loose wire attached to the charger. No charger frame for easy pop in pop out. For the money this was a waste. If WL cannot solve my problem I will be returning for refund. Really fails to live up to claims.

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »
I have purchased and received my Torch from Wicked Lasers. Sadly I am very disappointed with what I received. Batteries when charged using their charger last no more than 2 mins before dimming and running out of power. Also the charger design is very poor. Its just two magnets soldered on loose wire attached to the charger. No charger frame for easy pop in pop out. For the money this was a waste. If WL cannot solve my problem I will be returning for refund. Really fails to live up to claims.

sucks that Wicked has done that, cause Mac's work is second to none....
nemul

Offline cmacclel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:40 PM »

Most of the people here love the magnets on the chargers and it keeps the costs down. I have 2 of the Wicked battery packs and they tested better than some of my Elite 1500 packs. You may have just gotten a bad battery pack I would E-Mail Wicked and they should take care of it.

Also Nimh cells need a few cycles to come up to full capacity but 2 minutes does seem low.

Mac

Offline miniskunk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 11:50:18 PM »
I am one the third cycle now and have noticed run time has increased beyond what I originally experienced. I have noticed that running the light more than a couple minutes results in very hot batteries so I assume that I am still limited in runtime as this cannot be good for them.

Offline miniskunk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
Well I finally got my replacement batteries a couple weeks ago. I am experiencing similar short run times so it seems they are either grossly misstating the runtime or there is a design flaw that is draining the batteries too quickly. It might explain why the batteries heat up so bad after just being on 3-4 minutes. In its current form being sold by Wicked Lasers, I have to recommend avoiding this flashlight. I feel lied to and will not trust another product from them.

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »

Try and get a refund...

Contact LuxLuthor

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=176185&highlight=luxluther

and he will guarantee you a battery pack...   

Sometimes the battery packs go bad...

cheers

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0