Author Topic: Survival knives, hollow handled.  (Read 35130 times)

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Survival knives, hollow handled.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 01:23:30 AM »
Wow! Those are sweet first Tarding!  Are those the $150 "movie" knives?  Or are some of those (Like #16) the real deal?
Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd".
-PSM

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 02:36:39 AM »
L-I-L-E spells real deal in my book... ;)

Jimmy and Sly back in the day.  No, wait - it's Tony Montana.

Impressive collection, tarding... The world is yours! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers,

///rā'gəntg

Offline first tarding uk

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »
yep...................there original liles, #16 photo is taken on the page of the jimmy lile book that is open on the page with #16 photo in the book. if any of that makes sense. lol.

buy the BUCK 184, a great knife. or if you see any robert parish survival knives around i'd go for one of those.

either of them really..............oh and the other lile mission (black centre) is #19, hibben rambo III #145 and hibben rambo IV #3.

cheers..............................
andy wood.

Offline asaf1234

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
there is a site that i created with collection of [ramboknifebestprice.com]rambo knife [http://ramboknifebestprice.com]and weapon from all over the word give me your opnion

Offline astrotec

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »
If you're looking for a "user" hollow handled knife, for that money I'd recommend one of the Chris Reeve one piece knives.
  Tim

second that on CRK  one piece knives    and not too far from me in the Pac Northwest !
a.t. 8)

Offline danroy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
I have at a local shop a 1984 BuckMaster, one of 2600 made the inagural year.  It is free of the Pat. Pending stamp, which means it is a true 1984 model.  The knife is in OK shape, few marks, but no rust/major dings etc.  The compass is sitll in the handle, and the sheath is in decent shape.  The price is $400, $360 if I pay cash.  What do you guys think?

Heres a pic of a Buckmaster, not the one I am thinking of buying:

Hmm..if you have the money to splurge on this one go ahead. But there's just some better knives out there that is much cheaper and serves the same purpose as this one. I suggest you make more research but if this is what you really want then go for it.

Offline masterofsurvival

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »
Hello,

I also LOVE good solid made hollow handled survival knives.  I have 2 brand new handmade Andrew Clifford awesome survival knives, both are hollow handled, silver soldered, and Andy makes them in such an incredible way that gives them full tang functionality even though they are hollow handled and screw tang.  He guarantees his knives for life, and they are sure to never break!  I also just recently acquired a Steve Voorhis handmade, hand forged hollow handled knife that is modelled after 3 different Lile knives. Voorhis gave my knife the charactweristics of the First Blood knife designed and made by Jimmy Lile.  It also has the blade length of the Rambo Missions knife, and also has the handle guard like the Lile Sly II survival knife which Lile made for Sylvester Stallone.  He called it (or Stallone named it, not sure) the Sly II.  My awesome Voorhgis knife was made over 20 years ago and is a collaboration between Steve Voorhis and Jimmy Lile (Voorhis and Lile were neighbors at one time, and also good friends.  My knife is the first one which Jimmy Lile worked together with Voorhis and taught him how to construct his famous Rambo hollow handled knives.  And you can really feel the Lile spirit in it too the very first time you hold it.  It it big and brawny and definitely a knife to be reckoned with!! I put a new para cord wrap around the handle on it.  Since I bought it to honor the memory of my recently deceased baby brother, who sadly passed away about a month ago and who served time in the US Army, I put Desert Storm Tan para cord wrap around the handle but I might change it to OD Green in the future.  My ACK knives (Andrew Clifford knives) are the absolute best as well!  I really favor them.  One of them Andy made for me to my custom likings, and I had it made in memory of my late Father, who sadly also died 2 years ago, and who spent 20 years in the US Army Special Forces and served in Vietnam and Korea.  He was a real hero, a real-life John Rambo.  I am very proud to be his son.  All of us loved knives so when my Dad died I thought What better way to honor him than have a knife made in his memory.  That way whenever I go to use it, I can see it and know the memory and honor of my Dad.  Then when my brother died, i decided to get one in his memory and honor too.  And now, if or when something ever happens to my older brother, I will definitely get one made or buy a new handmade one in his memory also!! Yes siree, I LOVE all of my handmade hollow-handled survival knives and I plan to get quite a few more too, and right now I am looking at either the Martin MCE2 or The Apparo knife, or the Timberline SA9.  Either way I plan to get one or the other of those around Xmas time!!Thanks for reading!!

Offline masterofsurvival

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »
   I have now had some wonderful blessings in my life! I have three of the best damned hollow-handled survival knives that money could by (2nd Only to the late Great Jimmy Lile's fantastic Rambo knives).  The knives I have acquired might not be First Blood identical handmade survival knives, but two of them come pretty darn close, and one of them I was told is one which Jimmy Lile himself actually worked with the maker of it, who was one of his good friends, and showed him how he made his famous Rambo style knives by being involved in the making of that one which I now have. My next knoife will hopefully either be a Martin Apparo handmade knife or a handmade Kukhuri survival knife, complete with the Rambos tyle serrations and all@!  Awesome huh? Ha ha

Offline masterofsurvival

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »
   Well it happened for me Finally!  I Finally bought my awesome 100% handmade Rambo style Kukri! This beast sports a 11 inch D2 steel fulltang blade!  The belly of the blade is about 3 1/2 or 4 inches wide.  The thickness of my new kukry Rambo style knife is 5/16ths inch thick.  This awesome knife, complete with single Lile/ Rambo type deep serrations, is a real monster of a knife!  I sure cannot wait to use it! It is hair-shaving razor sharp!  Maybe I will go scalp me one them Gooks or Injuns, LOL!  Just kidding!  And no, I am not racist at all!  Just was trying to joke around and put a little Vietnam War-type talk in.  Sorry iffen I offended anyone!  Anyway, just cannot hardly wait to really test this monstrous knife which I have nicknamed The Beast! Ha Ha!

Offline Chronos

• Life Is Good!
    • View Profile
    • Racer-X
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
Pictures my good man. And no, not THOSE pictures, but rather pictures of the knife.
A few favorites from milkyspit, McGizmo, Surefire, MR Bulk and others

Here at Flashlight-Forums we put the "FUN" in "DYSFUNCTIONAL."

Offline Joe wilkinson

• Welcome to the pleasure dome! ooooosh!
    • View Profile
    • cig-go
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 11:09:35 PM »
Corrrrrrrrrrrr!!! thats one hell of a steak knife :P haha
E-Cigarettes

Smoke like a boss! Vape like a boss!

Offline masterofsurvival

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2013, 02:24:27 AM »
I deleted this post about my 2 new handmade First Blood/ Sly II style knives because I could not figure out how to post any pics of them.  And I am not going to sit here and talk them up and hype them all up without being able to post any pics of the knives so I can show just what I mean about their unbeatable quality!!  Soon as I can figure out the pic posting thing, I will come back and then will write all about them and post the pics of them.  Who knows?  maybe by then I will have my 3rd brand new knife and sheath. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:32:19 AM by masterofsurvival »

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »
I deleted this post about my 2 new handmade First Blood/ Sly II style knives because I could not figure out how to post any pics of them.  And I am not going to sit here and talk them up and hype them all up without being able to post any pics of the knives so I can show just what I mean about their unbeatable quality!!  Soon as I can figure out the pic posting thing, I will come back and then will write all about them and post the pics of them.  Who knows?  maybe by then I will have my 3rd brand new knife and sheath. 

Hear ya go!    (Sticky under buyselltrade)

For our members who do not have a hosting service or don't wish to use a hosting service to post images. You can post an image as an attachment to your post in 3 or 4 easy steps.

1. After composing your post click on the Additional Options... as shown in the first picture with the big arrow. ( click on thumbnail to enlarge image)

2. Click on Browse... You will see a pop up box where you can navagate to the file stored on YOUR computer and click OPEN. The URL for your file should now be in the attach window next to the browse button as shown in the second picture.

3. If you have more than one picture click on More Attachments as shown in the third image, and click on the second Browse button.

When you are done, click Post.

Remember the 128 KB size limit........I find if you keep the width to about 600 pixles you should be ok.

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0