Author Topic: 5 D cell mag  (Read 12981 times)

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: 5 D cell mag
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 10:54:11 PM »
In electronics, that's the difference between an engineer and a plumber.  ;)
///rā'gən·täg

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »
In electronics, that's the difference between an engineer and a plumber.  ;)

Don't you mean, between an engineer and an electrician?
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||
| B e d a  z z LED | ||'""|""\___
| _____________ l ||__|_|___|
(@!)!(@)"""""**|(@) (@)**|(@)

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 11:06:33 PM »
No.
///rā'gən·täg

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »
An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician have a contract to build a fence around a flock of sheep, using as little material as possible.
The engineer forms the flock into a circular shape and constructs a fence around it.
The physicist builds a fence with an infinite diameter and pulls it together until it fits around the flock.
The mathematician thinks for a while, then builds a fence around himself and defines himself as being outside.
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline jimjones3630

• Better to light one light than curse the darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 02:40:47 AM »
that's funny. is that orginal? or maybe just first time i heard it.

the work to reduce resistance in any mod may not be worth it anyone person. 

the difference between 0.5vbulb to 5761 is first of all measureable, is noticable to the eye-at least to couple of people I know who use a m@g61 alot.  Looks a couple of 100 lumens brighter, the less difference between vbulb and vbat the less heat is generated with loss of runtime and lumens.

couple of hundred lumens less, less runtime, increased heat may not mean anything to some people.

But if it saves you money would you care?? Long term greater efficency less cost in batteries, they last longer not needing replacement as often because have been recharged less.

Money doesn't motivate me. I would not do all the work of resistance fixs, swaping out parts made of tin with copper plate, wiring bi-pin direct, etc. just for money. Do it because I obcessed and like pushing envelope.
jim
FS sf M3, emolis & A123s
Aspherical lens for incandescent flash lights

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 03:08:53 AM »
that's funny. is that orginal? or maybe just first time i heard it.

the work to reduce resistance in any mod may not be worth it anyone person. 

the difference between 0.5vbulb to 5761 is first of all measureable, is noticable to the eye-at least to couple of people I know who use a m@g61 alot.  Looks a couple of 100 lumens brighter, the less difference between vbulb and vbat the less heat is generated with loss of runtime and lumens.

couple of hundred lumens less, less runtime, increased heat may not mean anything to some people.

But if it saves you money would you care?? Long term greater efficency less cost in batteries, they last longer not needing replacement as often because have been recharged less.

Money doesn't motivate me. I would not do all the work of resistance fixs, swaping out parts made of tin with copper plate, wiring bi-pin direct, etc. just for money. Do it because I obcessed and like pushing envelope.
jim

When I was into car audio (I was an installer doing competitive sound-offs) every connection was gold plated. I was running two huge one farad capacitors for my subwoofers well before it became popular.  There were times when my system would blow 80 amp fuses when turned up high and a low bass note hit - even though I was using 00 AWG wire direct from my battery and 8 AWG to my amps (short runs)

Yeah, i'm mechanically inclined. I lack a lot of tools due to a burglary many years ago. I can say that I was completely wiped out - 3 bedroom house contents reduced to a single storage unit. My car stereo system was stolen out of my car the same time. They used my sawzall to steal it and took the sawzall as well.  You don't want to know about my Harley Davidson that was recovered in pieces a year later.......this is a big reason why I hate thieves sooooooooooooooo much.

opps! sorry for going OT - I start ramblin' and get on the topic i'm still very angry about.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:28:06 AM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline jimjones3630

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »
One of the things here at ff is a relaxed kind of laid back milieu, no one gets bent out of shape over going off topic.  all of those mods swapping mag bulbs for radio shack bulbs, it's too late i'm drawing a blank but my point is they work and don't cost alot.  along with that list hope to add a few such as 2 emolis fit in a 2D body, add not a 40buck adaptor but a reasonalbe priced one will run wa1111 for a long time. 3600/2670x60=80min run.
FS sf M3, emolis & A123s

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
One of the things here at ff is a relaxed kind of laid back milieu, no one gets bent out of shape over going off topic.  all of those mods swapping mag bulbs for radio shack bulbs, it's too late i'm drawing a blank but my point is they work and don't cost alot.  along with that list hope to add a few such as 2 emolis fit in a 2D body, add not a 40buck adaptor but a reasonalbe priced one will run wa1111 for a long time. 3600/2670x60=80min run.

What kind of radio shack bulb will work in 5 D cell maglight? Do I need to put 6 C cells and 4 cell radio shack bulb?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:41:34 PM by knot »
|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline jimjones3630

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
will have to catch the vidio latter. 5D would think 6 cells will fix and use any 6cell solution bulb.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120462

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97856
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12481

Take a look at the funny video thread. "Do you need a tutor" that's insulting.

What kind of radio shack bulb will work in 5 D cell maglight? Do I need to put 6 C cells and 4 cell radio shack bulb?

FS sf M3, emolis & A123s

Offline knot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 10:45:41 PM »
no need to see the video thread. It was moderated but as it turns out, I was in the right to begin with because it was my topic that was merged into the thread but no one changed the thread topic.

Thanks for the info. You see the OP and the Garrity 4 cell bulb in a 5 cell flashlight isn't fantastic at all.

will have to catch the vidio latter. 5D would think 6 cells will fix and use any 6cell solution bulb.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120462

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97856
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12481

Take a look at the funny video thread. "Do you need a tutor" that's insulting.

|^^^^^^^^^^^) ||

Offline Antonette62

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 06:16:50 AM »
I set up a mag light for my nephew a couple years ago and I bought one of those flip open scope covers that you can see though even when it's closed. I think I got it from Dicks sporting goods. Then i sprayed the lens with red dekam (layout dye);I bought the dye at Fastenal. But your sharpie should work. That way he could just flip it open and have the regular white light. It worked out real nice.