Author Topic: I just can't make my mind up about this thing!  (Read 3971 times)

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: I just can't make my mind up about this thing!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 11:16:41 PM »
Honesty! :thumbup:

I tend to agree...

While I find the materials "interesting", the really don't work very well on a knife.  Titanium is a poor choice for cutting, and the carbides really don't enhance the edge much.  This is really more of an impact weapon than a knife.  It would just scuff denim, not cut it.

Additionally, the workmanship is generally sub-standard (my standards anyway).  On this particular example, you can "see daylight" in between the grip slabs and the tang (such as it is).

I had my reservations about the design (pattern) at first, but it is actually fairly good IMO - it fits the hand extremely well in both forward and reverse grips, and the 1.8oz weight is very cool, very quick. 

I think right now the concept of a WT knife outstrips the reality... but I'm hopeful.  The guy definitely thinks outside the box, and perhaps the materials will catch up someday.  I think a CF/Ceramic knife would be pretty cool (and could actually CUT).

YMMV

///rā'gən·täg

Offline ZENGHOST

• View Profile
    • ZENGHOST.com
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »
I tend to agree on WT blades, but you have to admit that they're never "boring."  I do have a real thing for this one, though:  Karambit Song.  Then again, it's a WT/Terry Guinn collab and Terry makes really nice stuff so maybe that's why. 
Darrent Williams R.I.P.
Damien Nash R.I.P.

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:22 PM »
Oh yeah... that thing was great. 

By the time I came around to pulling the trigger on that, all the "good" ones were gone (don't like blue twill).

I'm hoping that they'll still be cool when they go into production!

Must be sort of weird to flip... it's so out-of-balance in a way.
///rā'gən·täg