Author Topic: MODDERS and Services Available  (Read 27621 times)

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
MODDERS and Services Available
« on: August 30, 2005, 07:53:41 AM »
It was brought to my attention that we may not have enough modders here at MBF.  Not in a sense regarding anyone who modifies their own lights, but rather those who have done it for others in return for value or who have charged fees for their services.

Since this place is most definitely Not "all about MR Bulk", I have decided to start this sticky thread so that any and all modders can list themselves.

Although I am not asking for any work myself (recent projects have kept, and continue to keep me more than busy enough!), I will simply start off this thread by linking to my Flashlight Mods homepage:

For a look at the lights I have done in the past, please click on this link -

http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/

Thank You.
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline modamag

• View Profile
Re: MODDERS and Services Available
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:25:03 AM »
Not asking for work either but consultation is free :D

Minetrois & Quadamire Build Guide
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:36:01 AM by modamag »

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
AWR Lights.. soon to be called 'WynnBright' Lights
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:44:15 AM »
I have several very big projects underway...

nano, BAM! and MiniMighty are the biggies..

As soon as i get the parts to finish nano1 I will hope to find time for making mods for people namely VIP-R upgrades.. it's sweet having my VIP-R.. no more 'blinkies' and i get over 1000lux. I'm going to put a cut-down McR20 reflector in there next to see if i can even make it better.

stuff i've done: http://cpf.rouse.com check out my master list.

nano = 23-25 lumen AAA LiON powered 3-way pinkie sized light
http://nano.rouse.com (latest post)
http://nano1.rouse.com (first page)

BAM! = 1 to 4 emitter 'drop in' 3-level mod for mag.. 'DIY' you can plug in yourself.. up to 400 lumens
http://bam.rouse.com

MiniMighty = 300 lumen 3 cubic inch light... due next spring.. protos around November.
http://mm.rouse.com (latest post)
http://mm1.rouse.com (first page)

http://bam.rouse.com I have the mod for you
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 05:23:08 AM by MR Bulk »
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline 3rd_shift

• Bedtime at sunrise! ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 05:10:07 PM »
Various flashlight mods ranging from modded Nuwai's, Dorcy's and other small lights to,
Big c and D magmods with anywhere from a single 1 watt up to four 5 watt leds in them.
Many of these designs and units are one-offs that have been road tested at my security job sites I work at. 
plantruler@hotmail.com
is my email and paypal address. :)
Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight. ;)

Offline ArsMachina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 08:14:42 PM »
Hi,

I think all here know about my small handmade R123 Ti light.
I also opened the bezel of my bare metal LionCubs as soon as I got them in my hands :)
But I also like a lot doing mechanical mods at existing lights.
I am having a very small but very complete mechanical workshop which finally is just my hobby (I collect vintage cars and motorcycles and often need to reproduce unoptainable spareparts)
So I am having a lathe, a mill, some grinding machinesand saws as well as many measuring tools and a small beadblasting cabinet.
I also learned how to strip anodisation from AL parts.
At the moment I am waiting for some Aleph heads to attach them to the LionCub :)
I will help anyone who wants mechanical things to have done, but I know very few about electronics and LEDs!
As I am living in Germany shipping costs and customs unfortunately are sometimes a problem for people outside Europe :(

Jochen

Offline NikolaTesla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 09:07:29 PM »
I have been tinkering with many combinations and making suped up to the limit MagLites lately. Different bulb types as well as some of the fine modders (FM, Modamag,Kiu) out there plus going thru battery/mounting selections make for some interesting creations. Also the Multi-LED lights are pushing the envelope toward hanging in there with the big Incans. Some of the fun is finding pitfalls in these designs and eliminating them. I had a bit of overloaded cell holder on the Mag 100 the other day which kinda thru a wrench into the works. But Andrew cooked up a piece of scrap silver from his junk box and we rendered that light totally stable but it sure is hungry for batteries. Run time is pretty limited. Now if he and I get some time and motivation, we can get the 3000 watt Arc flashtlight rolling. We really do have 60% of what we need and have the rest in sight. Just some of the other new developements are eating up time and of course money. We will get there. :'(

NT
 8)
NT -  A Xenon Arc is the Spark that Rules the Dark

Offline Ginseng

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 01:10:43 AM »
I am mostly a consulting modder now. My expertise is in incandescent mods with an emphasis on battery systems and bulbs for practical to spectacular applications from 20-100W. I've done most of my work on the Mag platform but the ideas are typically trasnferable to other platforms.

Wilkey
Tungsten melts at 6,192F. How hot is your hot wire?

Offline bwaites

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 04:16:17 AM »
I do incandescent Mods on Mags and Streamlights.

Everything is done on a custom order basis, but all of the standard Mag Mods are readily doable, depending on available supplies.

Bill

Offline Otokoyama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 03:23:38 PM »
Have mill and lathe, will prototype. 

Offline Aten_Imago

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • Imago Metrics - Illuminations Pilot - ISO 20282
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »
Can you please PM me some idea of your rates? I have 2 projects in serious position for Prototyping but am still waiting for partnership and licencing agreements to be signed. One is flashlight related and the other is not but is a CNC Milling job.
Thanks!

Have mill and lathe, will prototype. 

Offline MillerMods

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 12:38:57 AM »
Anyone who's looking to "soup up" thier Fenix L1 or L1P with a 1.7 watt driver I'm the man for the job.

...Or if you want a circuit that can use a li-ion to drive the Lux at 3 watts regulated for the Fenix.

...Or I take requests, if you have an old 1 watt or some other flashlight that you want to breath new life into, PM me.

Offline nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • FlashlightNews.org
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 07:43:33 AM »
I mentioned this on 'that other forum'  ;) but I probably posted it in a crappy spot...or maybe it's not as good as an idea as I thought. Regardless, here goes...

I have dedicated a page on Flashlight-Forums.org for totally free classified ads for flashlight hobbyists.

These ads are intended for modders, hobby builders, and any other flashlight-related micro-businesses, and are restricted to FF.com, PF.com, and CPF members. The ads aren't intended to be a B/S/T or a page for one-off items, nor are they a way for established businesses to get free advertising. If you have a webpage for your product, that's great, but if you already have an operating storefront (virtual or brick and mortar), then you won't qualify for these ads.

Your ad will run as long as you wish and as long as you still qualify. Ad placement is on a first-come, first serve basis. I will create a new category for your product, if desired and appropriate.

These ads are not intended to compete with any listings here (or anywhere else, for that matter). Instead I hope that they might give some extra exposure to those hobbyists who are looking either for more work or more customers (or both).

The ad page and details are available at F-F.org Classified Ads. If you have any questions you can PM me or e-mail me through the site.

Please guys (er...and gals?), remember, a webpage is a terrible thing to waste.  :'(

Besides, with over 10.000 pageviews sitewide over the last thirty days, somebody might actually see it.  :sold:

Offline Chop

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 05:53:16 AM »
Hey guys,

Some of you may know me, or of me, and some of you may not, but I do all sorts of mods.  If you need something done, just ask.  The worst that can happen is that I'll say "no thanks."

Here is some of what I've done...

Mods....

KL3 modified with 27mm reflector and overdriven to 850mA

KL1 (pre 4th gen) with 17mm reflector and overdriven to 700mA

KL1 (4th gen) with 20mm reflector

FireFly with 17mm reflector

L1 PR-T conversion

And some lights that I made from scratch...

If you need something, send me a message and I'll give you a quote.

Thanks for looking,
Tony

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 09:54:20 AM »
Well, it's ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED UP, CHOP!!! :protest:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »
Oh darn - I thought this was the "FREE Modding Services Available" thread.  ;)

My mistake!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?