Author Topic: Lumencraft EOS - preview - Teaser  (Read 53495 times)

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
Re: Lumencraft EOS - preview - Teaser
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »

OK,

I used Google and typed in a guess, but removed it because not sure if I read a clue or not somewhere...

My Guess is..

SS6H8E10L

Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
OK, I used Google and typed in a guess, but removed it because not sure if I read a clue or not somewhere...

My Guess is..SS6H8E10L

Huh?  :icon_scratch:

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
I knew that I was off by one letter....
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline mobile1

• GatLight PILA 168S
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
Ok so here we go - the first Lumencraft EOS prototype....

First a disclaimer just in case there are any manufacturers lurking around who like our novel idea, all concepts of this light are: patent pending!

Ok so first to the solution of this photograph:

Ok it's a cylindrical body.. but if you wonder what is causing the star sidespill... well keep reading below, how the Lumencraft EOS idea came to be.

Ever since SF claimed their Titan was the first totally variable brightness light (even though we were a bit earlier and probably others even earlier - I understand one of Mr Bulk's lights with 64 levels likely might have been the first) we thought it's time to build a light that is again unique - Than after taking a closer look at the Titan - we decided that we can do better - a lot bettter we thought - so we gave it a try.

When we started designing this new light - we wanted to call it Titan-Slayer  ;)  but we resisted - besides the light ended up looking really neat where it would be ideal also for a women's purse and calling it Titan Slayer would have been a bit inappropriate.

Anyway first some specs.. and comparison to the Titan - so you get an idea where this is going.

Bling Bling - we decided to put 6 x 0.5 Carat real white sapphires with a brilliant cut into this light, than backlight each one of them. It's kind of hard to see the effect this creates. When you rotate the light while turned on it sparkles more than anything you'll have ever seen, also it projects this beautiful star pattern... simply breath taking. The few women we've showed this light to were blown away.

bling bling bling

Anyway that's the current state of this light. Also what I personally love is when comparing to the GatLight - its is such a different light - and anyone you ask they can't really decide which one they'd prefer.

A couple things we're still undecided... one is CLIP. Should we add a slim titanium clip or not. It would make the light more usefull but it would somehow impact the design.

ALSO THE PRICE: Is a very very rough guess... so it might still change, it can very well be more than $350 but our goal is to make it for somewhat less than that. So far this is only a prototype and getting the sapphires in is a PITA.  Oh by the way if you want us to put Diamonds in that is of course possible too... but costs a bit extra $$$ - of course we can also do green emeralds, blue sapphires or red ruby's....  we noticed that white sapphires give you the most sparkling... they cut class and I believe are the second hardest material after diamonds...

Anyway what do you guys think?
The GatLight V3 - TAKING ORDERS NOW http://www.lumencraft.net/shop.htm

Offline regentag

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2007, 08:49:33 PM »
Must use an optic... is that right?
///rā'gən·täg

Offline FRANKVZ

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2007, 09:00:56 PM »
How about a mens model, sans the sapphires?

Offline FRANKVZ

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »
Like this:

Forgive my poor photo editing skills.

Offline mobile1

• GatLight PILA 168S
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 09:12:02 PM »
How about a mens model, sans the sapphires?

Yep you need the optic to get some sidespill... well this light is not really geared just towards women - I think it's more a unisex version.... However we also would like to make a version without the gem stones... (a reflector might be possible for that one)...

In fact we've had a prototype made without....  maybe I can get Kyle to take a photo of that one once he gets back home.

Also another very affordable option would be black annodized AL and without hte gemstones........
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:14:24 PM by mobile1 »

Offline ArsMachina

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
Hi Walter,

again a very nice design - I really like the shape of the light!

PayPal ready for a version without gemstones but with reflector ;)

Jochen

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2007, 09:38:09 PM »
Hi Walter,

again a very nice design - I really like the shape of the light!

PayPal ready for a version without gemstones but with reflector ;)

Jochen

+1.  I love it.  The gemstones are quite unique, but I'd prefer it solid walled with reflector.  Love the overall styling and the Gatlight-style knurled knob.  Please, NO clip!  That would destroy the look.  Looking forward to seeing the other proto!

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »
How about designing/including a clip that is easily removable, thus satisfying both camps?  Such as a clip with a "U" shaped fork on one end, that is clamped under the knurled brightness controller somehow?  Or a "clip on" type, like for pencils?  Made much sturdier, of course.

Very nice otherwise, Walter! :thumbsup:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline mobile1

• GatLight PILA 168S
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »
How about designing/including a clip that is easily removable, thus satisfying both camps?  Such as a clip with a "U" shaped fork on one end, that is clamped under the knurled brightness controller somehow?  Or a "clip on" type, like for pencils?  Made much sturdier, of course.

Very nice otherwise, Walter! :thumbsup:

Thanks.. we had a couple ideas for clip to get both ideas. WE tried the clip on on CAD but it really looks ugly since it changes the diameter of the light. We had a similar idea underneath the brightness control knob - maybe adding a small groove to clip on a clip. The problem is this light has been minimized to the max to get is as small as possible so we'd have to prototype that first to see if that would work...  Another option would be to get very thin TI-sheet (about as wide as the distance between the 2 engraved groves - that folows the curvature of the light than have it laser welded onto the body. Since it's an extra process step it would be fairly easy to leave that one out for those who don't want a clip. But it wouldn't be removable...

By the way here is a photo of an early bare aluminum prototype without any groves or gemstones... polished TI would probably look similar

Or here the same one polished....

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »
Very nice Walter!  I like the gemstones - of course all us guys would have to buy two to keep one if you know what I mean.  As always, like to watch as this evolves - looks really nice!.

BTW - on the lumens measurement - SF usually uses measured output vs bulb/emitter rated output.  Per your table above, what measurement are you refering to?

THANKS!

Geo
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline BraddahBill

• Flashaholic
  • Lumens, don't know what it means, but I want some.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »
Whats up with you guys??? Not comfortable with you manliness?

Very unique, and an AWESOME job Walter.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

At $350 I'd take mine WITH the Gemstones  8)

Bill

Offline skalomax

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2007, 11:25:06 PM »
I like long grooves In the light.
but please, use a reflector.  :D

thanks for posting.