Author Topic: GatLight V3 Thread  (Read 40771 times)

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: GatLight V3 Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »
Troy, Walter has them for sale on his web site.  Shipping out this week.  I ordered one awhile back.  My first Gatlight.  You sold one recently, didn't like it?

Bill

Liked it just fine.  Just needed quick cash for something else.   ;)  Anyway, I bought one again and am now back to two SS V2's and one Ti V3.  The new V3 looks awesome.  I may have to jump in.

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
Troy, Walter has them for sale on his web site.  Shipping out this week. 

The website still says "pre-orders" (my least favorite word).  Are you sure they're actually shipping already, or is that just for those of you who put in orders weeks ago?   :icon_scratch:

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2008, 04:41:06 AM »
Troy, see PM.

Bill

Offline zens

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2008, 02:57:58 AM »
ok.  are these being shipped yet?  I was charged a week ago or so. :thumbup:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:21:14 PM by zens »

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2008, 04:26:52 AM »
zens, a post on CPF about one member receiving a shipping notice.   See post 62 here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2579177#post2579177

Bill

Offline Bullzeyebill

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »
Just received my shipping notice.  People overseas have been receiving their V3's.

Bill

Offline mobile1

• GatLight PILA 168S
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2008, 06:22:02 AM »
Yep all the orders have been shipped... so the new Gats should arrive soon...

By the way we don't call this version the V3 anymore..  even though we continued the serial numbers.. the light is a bit different then the  V3, brighter, overdrive mode, better finish on the bars, different knurl, gold plated thread...

The GatLight V3 - TAKING ORDERS NOW http://www.lumencraft.net/shop.htm

Offline shawn a

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »
Hi there, mobile1,
Just got my Gatlight yesterday. #
Nice. Bright. looks great!
Look at all those screws! Can I take this apart? like I did with my father's Curvex watch about 45 years ago?
And if I do take it apart, will it destroy any chance of factory service later on? Also, is the lens, or optics, as some call them made of plastic? And, lastly, is it possible, or even advisable to paint or coat the back of the lens to prevent the light from shining back to my eyes? I have the ability to make such a paint job virtually unnoticeable.
Oh, and is the Polaris going to be produced?
Thanks for you time,
Shawn a

Offline mobile1

• GatLight PILA 168S
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2008, 11:52:57 PM »
First sorry that it took me a while to reply... as usual for urgent questions use the contact form on our website.

To  your questions:
Can you take it apart? Well yes but if you break something you'd have to pay us to get it fixed (+shipping) - and we can tell pretty easily. Otherwise we'd still provide the warranty and factory service... Regarding painting the lens... well the lens is a total internal reflection lens that works with the reflection created between the different density materials (polycarbonate vs. air). If you paint the lens, the light will be a lot less bright.. kind of like you'd paint the reflector of a flashlight black. The better approach would be to add a carbon fiber piece around the front - and we might be offering something like that.. have to see if we have some extra CF left.

Regarding the Polaris... well still up for discussion...we're looking at a few options for our next light... one option is the Polaris.. however if you like the Polaris you will likely also like the other options we are looking at. We'll likely decide what we'd prefer then discuss it out here... and see what you guys think.
The GatLight V3 - TAKING ORDERS NOW http://www.lumencraft.net/shop.htm