Author Topic: I found it! An old light from the past...  (Read 1412 times)

Offline TorchMan

• View Profile
I found it! An old light from the past...
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »
I had a couple of Tekna dive lights over the years. Mixed and matched the parts after they both quit working. One of my evolutions in EDC.

Was cleaning today, dropped an old cookie tin and the lid came off. Inside was my Tekna Mono Lith. I never was sure which model they were. Black bezel from one light, yellow body from the other.

Unscrewed it and the smell of Lithium battery emerged. No leakage on the Radio Shack DL123 inside. And, it's been in there since the early nineties! Dodged a bullet.  :o

Dropped in a fresh Battery Station CR123 and the light was on! It's more yellow than I remember, probably a combo of dust on the lens and the contacts are probably not all they should be. Maybe a memory trick as well, or LEDs have spoiled me.

Wasn't sure I'd ever see this light again. Gonna use it a bit tonight, then ponder the best ways to clean it, etc. Originally these were surprise gifts, and what a nice little one it was today!
Incans: SF G2, Pelican M6 Lithium, SL TL-3, Mags, MinMags, Browning Thunder & Lightning Bugs, M*G74
Hybrid: SL TT 2L, SF A2
LED: SF U2, Inova T4, Gladius, HDS U60, SG 30 LED, Coast lights, 8 LED AAAs, VB-16 3W, CPF LE #13 VB-16, LionHeart, Orb RAW, LionCub, McLux PDIII, Chammie, TiChammie,RawNS

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: I found it! An old light from the past...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:27:57 AM »
Pics!!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:11:20 AM »
:popcorn:
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline TorchMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 03:15:57 AM »
I have no camera to do the pics with, or else I would. Maybe a camera is in the future cards, not sure at this point.

I'd love to show off this relic of EDC.
Incans: SF G2, Pelican M6 Lithium, SL TL-3, Mags, MinMags, Browning Thunder & Lightning Bugs, M*G74
Hybrid: SL TT 2L, SF A2
LED: SF U2, Inova T4, Gladius, HDS U60, SG 30 LED, Coast lights, 8 LED AAAs, VB-16 3W, CPF LE #13 VB-16, LionHeart, Orb RAW, LionCub, McLux PDIII, Chammie, TiChammie,RawNS