Author Topic: Britt & Doug's Free Raffle...ALL DONE  (Read 85438 times)

Offline ZENGHOST

• View Profile
    • ZENGHOST.com
Re: Britt & Doug's Free Raffle
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2005, 08:23:59 AM »
Awesome, guys  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:.  Thanks to both of you for doing the raffle  :blob1: :headbang:
Darrent Williams R.I.P.
Damien Nash R.I.P.

Offline MR Bulk

• SUPREME GALACTIC COMMANDER and
  • Administrator
  • Flashaholic
  • Supreme Galactic Commander
    • View Profile
    • MR Bulk's Flashlight Website
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2005, 08:46:52 AM »
Hey yeah, that makes TWO that loa's won already!!!  All right that's it -- CUT-OFF! :nono:

:evil6:
MR Bulk
Supreme Galactic Commander
"A day without sunshine is like...night"

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2005, 09:22:38 AM »
maybe a bit of divine providence for some emotional uplifting during his recovery... a bit of karmic balance i suppose.

=awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

Offline fore

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2005, 11:42:01 AM »
maybe a bit of divine providence for some emotional uplifting during his recovery... a bit of karmic balance i suppose.

=awr
Yep, hope it raises his spirits a bit.

Congratulations guys.  And thanks again to Britt and Doug  :thumbup:
that rug really tied the room together...

Codeman

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2005, 12:13:48 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:34:39 PM by Codeman »

Offline thesurefire

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
Congratulations to the winners and a :thumbup: and thank you to all the people who helped with this.

Offline Lightstream

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2005, 01:53:15 PM »
 :occasion1: Congratulations to the winners!

Britt, as always, your generosity is unrivalled. Glad to see you found a deserving home for that Arc AA in the end. I know you're away but you will get to read this in one form or another when you get back.
Flashlights Review Database (FLDB) - Read or contribute user reviews on all kinds of lights!
Home of the ROP - and my projects, lights, and collected info

Offline loalight

• sweet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2005, 02:46:23 PM »
Whoa.... this isn't just the morphine, huh? This is weird! I feel a bit guilty about winning two in a row.

:headshake: Seriously, thank you all! MBF has been a great thing for me in the hospital, really been helping keep the boredom at bay.. and now this. Karmic re-balancing, indeed.

Folks, this will come around. I've been thinking about a raffle I want to do for y'all when I can get my ass out of here, which the docs say won't be too long now.

:bow: :thumbup: :toothy5:

seriously, y'all are the best. thanks just for being.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 02:48:39 PM by loalight »
  Ti LC UW0K    HA3 Nat LH #001 UW0K    LT  Draco

Offline MR Bulk

• Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2005, 03:25:24 PM »
Hey, he's awake.  He speaks!  HE POSTS!!!  Woo Hoo!

(All right all right, I forgive ya for winning two in a row, just keep posting once in a while okay?) :naughty:
MR Bulk

Offline srue

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2005, 08:03:52 PM »
Congrats to the winners and thanks to the donors.

What a fun thing to do early in the life of a forum.

Offline SolarFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2005, 09:21:55 PM »
I had No81 arc LSHFP but sold it  >:( and I've got Orb cpf No81 I couldn't get 81 LC so I settled for 71 and its still for sale  :thumbup:, It'll be lucky honest :rotflmao:
Phil, mostly.

Offline andrewwynn

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
    • MiniMighty Page
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2005, 07:33:27 AM »
Loalight.. did you roll yourself down to a public terminal in the cafeteria or something? Good to see you are on your road to recovery.

-awr
Regulated hotwire driver. click here now for the Surefire M6
3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. click here (coming soon)

BC0311

« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2005, 03:19:06 PM »
Congratulations to the winners!   I wish Britt had enough of these little lights to go around for everyone.  I always feel a little sad for those that don't win.  Loalight, I hope you recover speedily and completely. 

Thank you to Doug for doing this I think your generosity is easily equal to Britt's, the two prizes you put up along with the lanyards and little lights.  You always go the extra mile to make things special.    :love9: to you!   The Arc AA given away in this contest was purchased from Doug.  He then gave away some of his neat personal lights and the lanyards he made to make certain this was extra special.  What wonderful people you all are.

Doug, Britt particularly appreciates your service to your country and I do as well.   Since you no longer have an Arc AA and since I remember mailing a part to you for modification of your Arc AA.... I am swiping Britt's modified Arc AA and it will be in priority mail to you shortly after I leave Britt's this morning.   He had put it up for sale but it didn't sell, I don't know if he did that here or on another website.   I think it is really neat and bright.  His friend Brock did it for him.   I think he will be very happy to know it went to you.  So please accept it from us in appreciation.   :)

Charlie, thank you for sending out the email that let so many know about the contest, all I can say is, WOW!  That was the best :spam4:  ever!    I think your forum is wonderful and may finally  register myself instead of using BC's membership to make my occasional post.

BraddahBill, thank you for how you kicked this off with such enthusiasm and style!    :glasses9:

Um..... I don't want to miss thanking someone.... Darkgear, thank you for runniing MBF, I really can't imagine how you and the others that have forums do it.   

Thanks to all of you who participated in this for your enthusiasm and graciousness.    :thumbup:

Britt has some other flashlights and a couple of pocketknives that he wants to give away in the near future.  He told me to contact Doug and then Kevin L and ask them to arrange them with MBF.   Both of these fine gentlemen have been a great help to Britt and to me as well. 

In particular, he set aside one of his Lion Heart flashlights that he wanted to give to someone who doesn't have a Mr Bulk flashlight and can't really afford to purchase one.  He said he didn't know how to go about it and for me to impose upon Doug or Kevin to figure it out with the right people here.   It is a light grey color and has the serial number 299 on it.  I believe it may be the 2nd to the last of that particular model and that my dear Charlie  has number 300.  I think this is what he said, but I could be wrong.  I think that makes it very special.   Britt uses his silver colored Lion Heart flashlight and has it with him right now.  This one has been used quite a bit but it looks to be in excellent condition to me.  But, I'm not an authority.   :tard:  (I LOVE these little things!)

It has some very slight scratches and scuff marks.  I had to use a magnifying glass to see them.  It had some dirt in the grooves of the body and I cleaned them with a toothbrush, I hope I got it clean.   He left it in a cigar box with an extra battery tube, the long one.   So it has the short tube and the long tube. There is a soft, black plastic cap on the extra tube.  It comes with two Pila rechargable batteries, a short one and a long one.  It also comes with a Pila charger that plugs into an electrical outlet (not a car's outlet).  Also there is a leather sheath for it made by Ron Ryder. 

Let's see..... there is a glass lens in between two pieces of cardboard.  This would be an extra because it already has a lens in the flashlight.

Again, the flashlight, batteries and charger have been used, the sheath hasn't.  But, he wouldn't give it away if he didn't think it was in excellent operating condition.

There was a really neat red lens slip on cap sitting on top of the cigar box.   I know he uses his Lion Heart light with one of these a lot at night time.  I don't know if he meant for me to give it away with the light, but I am going to include it.   I just tried it and it fits and flips up in case you want to use the regular beam and not a red beam.

I will ship all of this to wherever I am told to ship it.   I will contact Kevin L. and email to him a link to this post.   Doug, thank you for your work and making this special and I'll give you a well-deserved rest.

I don't want to hold you to this going to someone who can't afford and doesn't have a Mr. Bulk flashlight.  That may be too difficult and restrict the number of entrants too much.  Britt wouldn't want that.  So I will leave it up to you gentlemen.   :thumbup:

Britt has been abroad and out of touch since 8/10 and I don't expect to hear from him until mid-September, but I'm sure he would want me to thank all of you and give you his best wishes.

I apologize for this being so lo-o-o-ng, I had so much I wanted to say.   

Charlie, I will write you when I know something.   Congratulations on your forum and on the Lion Cub epic being successfully concluded.    8)

Best wishes to all of you and sorry for using Britt's membership to do this.  I'll register some time soon.... I hope.

Cathi J.

Offline lightman

• View Profile
    • www.7s26.com
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2005, 03:26:52 PM »
Congradulations to all the winners!!
 :thumbup:
Best regards lightman

Offline MR Bulk

• Administrator
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2005, 05:37:52 PM »
Thanks for your most eloquent post, Cathi!  As for my e-mail reply to yours, please ignore it - I had no idea it was THIS light you talked about, thought it was the Arc AA which was already won by Loalight!

I'll let Doug and KevinL figger out how to "dispose" of LionHeart no. 299, otherwise I might be too tempted to keep it for myself...:naughty:
MR Bulk