Author Topic: FF slow!!!  (Read 4900 times)

Offline bwaites

• View Profile
FF slow!!!
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
OK, guys I'm on a fiberoptic system, my system typically pegs at maximum all the online speed tests, and everything else is flying, but FF seems to have slowed to a crawl, both loading and responding page changes.

What's up?

Bill

Codeman

Re: FF slow!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:10:54 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:53:54 PM by Codeman »

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »
For me, FF seems to be working very well.  My problem has been with The Other Place.  I get an error message nearly every time I try to post.  Something is seriously not right Over There.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
At work (which has more layers of gateways, firewalls, and various sundry protections, I very often have slow page loads and fails - but I am 100% sure it is the network / Internet security measures that are in place.  I also am using a very fast fiber optic system at work.

At home, I have 6000 DSL - and eventhough I am behind a very good firewall, I have no issues.
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline 3rd_shift

• Bedtime at sunrise! ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 11:22:12 PM »
For me, FF seems to be working very well.  My problem has been with The Other Place.  I get an error message nearly every time I try to post.  Something is seriously not right Over There.

Doing good for me here too now.
It was a wee bit sluggish for me here a few days ago, but not too serious.

I tried to help at the other place, but was met with hostility instead.    :violent5:
Even with concrete evidence that something else needed to be tried.  ???

Looks like management over there would like to keep fixing things without any help from any regular members there, no matter how bad the problem is, and regardless of any solutions that any off duty internet experts may wish to share there.  :dontknow:

Or, did I really do something wrong? http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148996&page=2&pp=30

plantruler@hotmail.com
is my email and paypal address. :)
Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight. ;)

Offline bwaites

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 03:03:14 AM »
Naw, just amazes me that when people offer help, others immediately assume that because help has been offered, that those offering help think that the person offered help is incompetent!

CPF has problems, and, hopefully they will get worked out.

FF has had some weird lapses for me in the last week or so, but seems to be up and running as usual now.

Bill

Codeman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 04:34:38 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:56:52 PM by Codeman »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
I've always found people that need help but adamantly and even rudely refuse it to be quite entertaining.  Far better than some of the stuff on TV these days.  So really, by trying to help, I'd be denying others like me the chance for some good laughs... 8)

Why do I have to laught at that?  :rotflmao:

Codey - I'll be more than happy to help you with the Ti LC! :rotflmao:
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Codeman

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:57:02 PM by Codeman »