Author Topic: FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels (Many Pics)  (Read 66876 times)

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
Re: FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels (Many Pics)
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 01:30:37 AM »
R: Any chance of a Brass/Al Cree head?

Sure... why not.  It really just depends on the reflector.  Didn't I read somewhere that a McR-20 trimmed down a bit gave good results?  If not that, then what would be the reflector of choice?  Is the reflector in the A19 (Cree XR-E) available from the Shoppe?  I don't see it listed.

I'm eventually going to work on a McR-20 project, that is, if I ever get my XR-E's!  I'd certainly be interested in a Cree version as I'm pretty sure my set up "ain't gonna be exactly right".  :D

Any more ideas on a 27mm head?  Looks like the McR-27XR would be a good choice there.

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 04:35:47 AM »
R: Any chance of a Brass/Al Cree head?

Sure... why not.  It really just depends on the reflector.  Didn't I read somewhere that a McR-20 trimmed down a bit gave good results?  If not that, then what would be the reflector of choice?  Is the reflector in the A19 (Cree XR-E) available from the Shoppe?  I don't see it listed.

I'm eventually going to work on a McR-20 project, that is, if I ever get my XR-E's!  I'd certainly be interested in a Cree version as I'm pretty sure my set up "ain't gonna be exactly right".  :D

Any more ideas on a 27mm head?  Looks like the McR-27XR would be a good choice there.

Dave

Ya... I would like to do a 27mm head.  I picked up a couple McR-27xr's for goofing around with.  I also got a few "P4" crees just for fit and function measurements.  Now I just need to figure out how to get 48 hours into each day!!  I'm hoping to get a few projects done during the holiday vacation.... we'll see.  There is certainly not a lack of projects to do!

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 04:45:09 AM »
Ya... I would like to do a 27mm head.  I picked up a couple McR-27xr's for goofing around with.  I also got a few "P4" crees just for fit and function measurements.  Now I just need to figure out how to get 48 hours into each day!!  I'm hoping to get a few projects done during the holiday vacation.... we'll see.  There is certainly not a lack of projects to do!

Don't push to hard, you'll get sick of it!  I was just wondering, as it had been mentioned before.  :)

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline The Count

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2006, 04:10:39 AM »
Hi Richard,
PM'd you my shipping info.
Looking forward to receiving a package soon!  :thumbup:
Exolion Ti, Chamelion, Brass LC+Lh, BA LC+Lh,CPF LE #017 Blk LC+Lh, RPM Custom LC, LionHeart, McLuxIII PD, 2Orbs, 2Orb Raw, Raw NS, Inova: T1, T2, T3, T4, X5, Xo, 24/7 
SF: C3, A2, L2, G2, E2D, E2wine, E1wine 
Fenix: L0P, L0P SE, L1P  LedLenser V2-3 watt, & various others

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
:popcorn:

this is all looking too nice!  Waiting to recover from Christmas to see what my plans are for the CM's - thinking about the Cree idea as well as some of those smoothies - why so many choices????

Another bump for RPM's work - I have the most coolest bad asp modded LC cubbie from RPM - simply TOP NOTCH work!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
RPM, parts recieved and very cool! 8)

Suggestion for butter fingers like me. :P When I drop a light it usually takes the initial blow on the bezel or tailcap. On the reccesed tail, make it a hair shorter threading the inside for a smooth Titanium ring to screw into for protecting that soft Aluminum when it hits the ground. A Ti tail bezel :P... I guess you woud call it? ;)

Thank you,
Ken

Haven`t added the workins yet but I will tonight! :D

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2006, 06:39:44 AM »
RPM, parts received and very cool! 8)

Suggestion for butter fingers like me. :P When I drop a light it usually takes the initial blow on the bezel or tailcap. On the recessed tail, make it a hair shorter threading the inside for a smooth Titanium ring to screw into for protecting that soft Aluminum when it hits the ground. A Ti tail bezel :P... I guess you would call it? ;)

Thank you,
Ken

OK... if I read that right... you dropped your new battery tube!  No problemo... I'll send you a fresh one. 

The replaceable tail piece would have saved me a few times... more than once I've needed to turn down the ends to clean up some dings.  :'(  Perhaps something to consider for the future.

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2006, 03:36:09 PM »
Hi Richard,

I received my order today & I must say everything is topnotch quality; finishing & fit is excellent  :thumbup: (although there were some fingerprints on the head, so I think you should send me a new one, haha  :P )

Cheers,
Cyril
'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

EricMack

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2006, 06:27:56 PM »
OK... if I read that right... you dropped your new battery tube!  No problemo... I'll send you a fresh one. 

The replaceable tail piece would have saved me a few times... more than once I've needed to turn down the ends to clean up some dings.  :'(  Perhaps something to consider for the future.

Hey Richard, I dropped my wife  :'( and she's got a few dings on the tail piece....

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2006, 06:37:03 PM »
I didn`t drop the battery tube. At least not yet but I will. :rolleye:  Some injuries have left me with an uncooperative right hand. My fingers are always half numb so I tend to drop things like small lightweight flashlights.  :(  From experiencing many dropped flashlights, I know a  Titanium bezel does a pretty good job protecting a heads front edge from ugly looking dings so I thought a Ti tail ring would be nice for this this lights soft Bare Aluminum tail. I could have it anodized but I like the look of this RPM version in Bare Aluminum :thumbup: Hopefully I can fix it up with a Ti tail ring myself since I have a Mini Lathe coming my way soon!  :woot:   :headbang:  If I turn out to be a slow learner or find that I am just plain an inept machinest, maybe I`ll be begging and pleading for you to do the Ti tail modification for me.  :-[  :D

Ken

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2006, 07:10:05 PM »

Hey Richard, I dropped my wife  :'( and she's got a few dings on the tail piece....

No doubt THOSE dings were put there by YOU  ;)

Offline flashlight

• Flashaholic
  • Too many flashlights, not enough money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2006, 06:42:31 AM »
Ken, ghostrider makes some cool & very affordable lanyards you might want to consider unless you have something against using lanyards.  :-[
'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.'
Albert Einstein

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
Ken, ghostrider makes some cool & very affordable lanyards you might want to consider unless you have something against using lanyards.  :-[

Flashlight, thank you very much for the link! :thumbup:  Wish I would have had a lanyard on my polished Titanium III-T a few weeks ago. Pulled the light out while hurrying to look at a friends broken car and I didn`t just drop it. Instead, it flew out of my hand bouncing and rolling down the parking lots hill. :(   I`ll feel better about carrying my Bare Al. RPM Cub when it has a lanyard attatched to it that is securely wrapped around my wrist.  ;)  

BTW. Third picture in the first post looks nice and should be a perfect wrist lanyard for some of my lights. 8)

Thanks,
Ken

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:33 PM »
Wish I would have had a lanyard on my polished Titanium III-T a few weeks ago. Pulled the light out while hurrying to look at a friends broken car and I didn`t just drop it. Instead, it flew out of my hand bouncing and rolling down the parking lots hill. :(  

Oh man, Ken, that is a killer!  >:(  Bet you thought of some choice words for that little achievement.

Offline Kenster

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »
Wish I would have had a lanyard on my polished Titanium III-T a few weeks ago. Pulled the light out while hurrying to look at a friends broken car and I didn`t just drop it. Instead, it flew out of my hand bouncing and rolling down the parking lots hill. :(  

Oh man, Ken, that is a killer!  >:(  Bet you thought of some choice words for that little achievement.

Troy, that Titanium is some tough stuff! There were quite a few marks from the beating the light took and yes, I was speaking in tongues for quite a while that night.  But as it turned out, all of aweful looking, make my blood boil, apparent damage to the light was superficial and polished away quick and easy. Looked really bad but there was more parking lot came home on my III-T then III-T was left in the parking lot. Had that heart stopping flight with the crash landing happened to a Bare Aluminum light? :o  It would look like it went through a meat grinder. :P  I have no fear of carrying any Ti light I own so it`s a good thing I own well..........A WHOLE LOT OF TITANIUM!  8)  Hehe!