Author Topic: FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels (Many Pics)  (Read 65797 times)

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels (Many Pics)
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:06:05 AM »
For those of you needing extra body parts for the latest run of Control Modules, I am offering the following items. Since I didn't do a "interest list" or "pre-pay" thread ...quantities are kinda limited for each variation shown. I will do my best to update the quantity available for each item.

Some of the "Specials" will be completed on request and will affect the qty of the "Plain" style that are available.   Other options such as black anodize are also possible if enough interest is shown. Please post these kinds of requests in the "Upgrading my EDC" thread so this one can remain a sales thread only.

A word of thanks to those who have done upgrades to their Cubs through me Here (and especially those who are still waiting!)  I appreciate the support  :thumbup:

For the time being, I intend to only post this sales thread at Flashight-Forums.  Those who purchased Control Modules have first dibbs  :D

* Please post in this thread your intention to buy or any other questions.  PM's get a little messy.

* Preferred Payment method is PayPal, but other arraignments can be made...just send a PM.  Please do not send a payment until I confirm your order with a PM

* Shipping to ConUS is $4.00 USPS Priority mail

* International shipping is $9.00 USPS Global Priority (unless I can figure out a cheaper way?)

* 1 *     Bezel Head      
These were designed to incorporate the use of a McR-20 reflector, a 22.8mm x 1.9mm thick lens, and a bezel of your choice. The thread matches the control module on one side and a PD/HDS thread on the business end. Currently available in aluminum and brass, Plain, Knurled, or "Special". Price is for the head only, supplied with EDPM (black) and silicone (red-orange) o-rings.  Lens and reflector not included in price.

**Note added 12-4-06**  The finish on these parts are just bare "machined and cleaned."  Polishing available on request. Please PM

Plain and Knurled shown in Brass

Bezel Head, Alum, Plain  $25.00
Bezel Head, Brass, Plain  $25.00
Bezel Head, Alum, Knurled $30.00
Bezel Head, Brass, Knurled $30.00

Specials shown in Brass with three evenly spaced trit slots (Optional)
Styles From Left to Right
A= 12 Angles,  B= 6 Obround,  C= 6 Diamond,  D = 6 Oval

Bezel Head, Alum or Brass, Special (Less Trit Slots)  $40.00    Made on Request
Bezel Head, Alum or Brass, Special (With Trit Slots)  $45.00    Made on Request

Control Module with all required parts.

* 2 *    123 Body
Two styles are available, the original length (flat bottom), or extended length with recessed tail.  Both bodies have the increased flat area near the thread for the addition of a tritium slot. **Note** These are less springs.  You will need to swipe one from another body for now. Sorry for the inconvenience... I have some on order but I won't get them for a few weeks.

**Note added 12-4-06**  The finish on these parts are just bare "machined and cleaned."  Polishing available on request. Please PM

Alum, Original length

123 Body, Alum, Original length (flat bottom)  $18.00
123 Body, Brass, Original length (flat bottom)  $18.00

Alum and Brass, Extended length

123 Body, Alum, Extended length with recessed tail  $20.00
123 Body, Brass, Extended length with recessed tail or solid bottom$20.00

* 3 *     Bezels     
For those who may not already have a bezel, I have a few to offer.  My main goal in using a bezel is to prevent damage in the event of a drop.  I made the tall style a little longer than the others on the market for their appearance and not for the beam characteristic.  Since they are longer, they do reduce the amount of side spill on the beam.  In practical use, it won't matter much. The first style is plain without the usual "notches". Second is the same as the first except with the crenelated look. For you metal heads..the material is PH13-8mo stainless, heat treated to H1025 (approx. 36-38 Rockwell C)

**Items added 12-5-06**  Shorter length bezels in plain and crenelated.

From left to right, Original PD, Short Crenelated, Tall Crenelated, Tall Plain, Short Plain

Bezel, Crenelated, Short  $20.00 
Bezel, Crenelated, Tall  $20.00
Bezel, Plain, Tall  $15.00 
Bezel, Plain, Short  $15.00

Just for fun

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:49:43 AM by RPM »

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
Re: FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:06:59 AM »
Reserved for assembly instructions or other info... R-

**Note added 12-4-06**  The finish on the bezel heads and battery body parts are just bare "machined and cleaned."  Polishing available on request. Please PM.  Main post updated.

**Items added 12-5-06**  Due to a few requests, I'm adding bezels that are shorter or "lower" than first offered.  They can be had in plain and crenelated.  They are similar in length to a PD bezel. Pics to be added 12-6-06.

**Bezel Head Assembly Instructions 12-5-06**  I know, I know, we dun need no stinkin' structions.  But I'm throwing them out there cuz I know stuff happens.

First and foremost... Do not put the head assembly together first and screw it to the Control Module.  You may scratch the dome on the emitter if it's off center,  so...

A.  Remove the original Cub head, reflector, and lens and go do something with it.
B.  Screw the new Bezel Head onto the Control Module all the way tight. The end with the small counterbore goes toward the CM.  It can only go one way cuz it's a different thread than the other side.... don't ask.
C. Place the McR-20 reflector down into the head.  It should center up on the led dome.
D. Insert either the red/orange or black O-ring that came with the head (they're larger than the body o-rings) into the groove near the top of the reflector. It should kinda rest in the groove.
E. Drop in the 1.9 x 22.8mm lens of choice and....
F. Screw down the bezel on top of the lens.  Tighten as needed.

The other reason not to assemble the head first, is that if the bezel is tight against the lens and reflector, when you screw the completed head down, as it seats, the bottom of the reflector would be spinning directly on the led housing.  Not good.  So likewise, when you want to remove the Bezel Head assembly, first back off the bezel a bit to remove pressure from the lens and reflector, and then unscrew the entire assembly.

I know it seems picky... but if you take these things apart a lot, like I do to swap different heads around, it will definitely save wear on the emitter housing.  I will add pics to this asap.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:51:05 AM by RPM »

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:32:29 AM »
RPM,

1 Bezel Head, Brass, Plain  $25.00

1 Bezel Head, Brass, Knurled $30.00

1 123 Body, Brass, Extended length with recessed tail  $20.00
If you are going to make a solid version, I'd rather have one of those.  :)

2 Bezel, Plain  $15.00 (x2=$30.00)
Do you have any of the shorter plain prototype bezels?

Thanks!

Dave
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:48:54 AM by 45/70 »
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:48:22 AM »
Do you have any of the shorter plain prototype bezels?
Dave

Not sure which one you mean "shorter prototype"... If you want them shorter, like the PD length, but without notches, I will turn them down for you... no charge.

And yes...the extended brass body can be solid on the bottom.

R-
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:52:14 AM by RPM »

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »
Not sure which one you mean "shorter prototype"... If you want them shorter, like the PD length, but without notches, I will turn them down for you... no charge.

Yeah, that's it!  I thought the ones in the EDC thread were shorter, but maybe not.  If you could turn them down, that'd be great!  :)

Dave

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 07:57:10 AM »
And yes...the extended brass body can be solid on the bottom.

OK, solid for me then!  :thumbup:

Dave

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
Re: FS LC / Chammie Bodies, Heads, and Bezels (Many Pics)
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 01:49:22 PM »
Richard, you really are Da Man.  :D

I'll take:

Two plain brass bezel heads
Two plain bezels (both turned down)
Two crenelated bezels
Two extended length solid bottom brass 123 bodies

8)

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »
RPM,

Do you have McR-20 reflectors and lenses for these bezel/heads?  If so, I'd like to add 2 of each to my order.  If not, what thickness is required for the lenses?

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:09:51 PM by 45/70 »

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 04:53:40 PM »
RPM,

Do you have McR-20 reflectors and lenses for these bezel/heads?  If so, I'd like to add 2 of each to my order.  If not, what thickness is required for the lenses?

Thanks,

Dave

I knew I forgot something!  I didn't purchase a bunch of reflectors and lens because I really didn't know how many to get?  Also, some people may want UCL, sapphire, diffused..  So,  I am willing to purchase McR-20's (and lenses) from the Shoppe but I would need to gather some orders up first.  That way I could save you guys some shipping charges.  Anyway, the lenses need to be 1.9mm thick x (22.mm or 22.8 ) to seat properly.  I got mine at www.flashlightlens.com The Shoppe also sells them.  I'll update the sales thread with this info.  Thanks for reminding me.  :thumbup:

R-         

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »
Hummm, that's sorta what I was thinking.  Then too, I would get everything at once.  OK I'll ride it out and see what you come up with.  I want 2 UCL's for lenses and 2 McR-20's  :)

Do you want me to paypal what I've ordered so far or, wait until you get the reflectors and lenses?  :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the effort (and I know it is!) Richard.  :thumbsup:

Dave

EDIT: Scratch my request for the 2 McR-20's and the 2 UCL's
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:41:29 PM by 45/70 »

Offline Chago

• Ti Cub II... Bring it on!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
I'll take 2 crenelated bezels! (Total- $40) :D Thanks!
I'll trade my truck for your Ti Chammie

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »
RPM,

Please cancel my request for the reflectors and UCLs.  Between what I have here and what I can source, I'll get by for now.  I also added an edit to my above post.  Sorry to add any confussion.  :(

PayPal ready for your address.  I will re-list the items/options in the PayPal note.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Dave

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 11:08:45 PM »
I'll take:

Two plain brass bezel heads
Two plain bezels (both turned down)
Two crenelated bezels
Two extended length solid bottom brass 123 bodies

8)

PM confirmation sent... Thanks Troy.
Will ship Monday

R-

Offline RPM

• View Profile
    • MGI
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 11:23:51 PM »

1 Bezel Head, Brass, Plain  $25.00
1 Bezel Head, Brass, Knurled $30.00
1 123 Body, Brass, Extended length with solid bottom  $20.00
2 Bezel, Plain  $15.00 (x2=$30.00) Turned down to PD length

Dave

PM confirmation sent.

Thanks again
R-

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 01:39:34 AM »
:ppsent:   Thanks Richard!  :thumbsup:

Dave