Author Topic: The "Torch" Sign In Thread / Discussion  (Read 26638 times)

Offline PoliceScannerMan

• Moderator BatMan
  • Flashaholic
    • View Profile
Re: The "Torch" Sign In Thread / Discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 01:59:21 AM »
That light is slick Mack.  I cant believe it sets stuff on fire, because it looks so cool... :laughing7:
Proud member of "The Bulk Crowd".
-PSM

Offline LuxLuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »
I'm jealous.  Wanna sell her now?  LOL!

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2006, 02:39:26 PM »
Yep, the Torch is aptly named because it really can set stuff on fire.  It is literally one hot light!  8)

EricMack

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
He he, the new Torch arrived before New Years, and its stunning in person.  :naughty:  Beam is snow-white, whiter than my other Torch, and the long crenelated bezel does not affect the beam all that much.
This is truly a piece of (mean) flashlight art that Mac has created, and he understands so well that the design and looks of a light may not matter as much as pure performance, but they DO matter.  This Torch captures that philosophy in spades.  :thumbsup: :occasion14: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mac!!  :woot:

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:23 PM »
The Torch was a MONSTER hit last night as we celebrated New Year's with another family here at our house.  The kids, especially, were so excited to watch me burn newspaper as well as light up the night sky BIG-TIME!  This light remains easily the most exciting and powerful light in my collection.

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 11:48:11 AM »
He he, the new Torch arrived before New Years, and its stunning in person.  :naughty:  Beam is snow-white, whiter than my other Torch, and the long crenelated bezel does not affect the beam all that much.
This is truly a piece of (mean) flashlight art that Mac has created, and he understands so well that the design and looks of a light may not matter as much as pure performance, but they DO matter.  This Torch captures that philosophy in spades.  :thumbsup: :occasion14: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Mac!!  :woot:

new Torch?  is this the 250W version?  Me want!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline plasmaman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
 :)
One over here in UK - any others?
Same as PoliceScannerMan - red fluted - from Strauss originally.
Big wow - and for his next trick -  24v......!!!!!!!!!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »
added ya to the list plasmaman - and welcome to Flashlight-Forums!

a big ole bump for the TORCH!
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline 45/70

• Lots O' Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:33 PM »
Well, sadly for me, I won't be a member here anytime soon.  :'(  When Mac closed the original thread and started the new one for The Torch, I pretty much gave up on getting one.  I was on the original "list" but figured if I had to snag one when offered on the new thread, I'd never make it.  So, I spent a whole crap load of money on my knife collection and then what happens?  Mac sends me a PM offering a Torch.  I just couldn't do it, not enough cash.   >:(

Oh well, you guys carry on with your fantastic infrared/visible photon blasters!  8)  I'll just piddle around with my puny XR-E/SSC project.   :yawn:

Dave
Eveready Economy Bright Light w/PR4 and "Heavy Duty" batteries

Offline LuxLuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 05:33:40 AM »
Well, sadly for me, I won't be a member here anytime soon.  :'(  When Mac closed the original thread and started the new one for The Torch, I pretty much gave up on getting one.  I was on the original "list" but figured if I had to snag one when offered on the new thread, I'd never make it.  So, I spent a whole crap load of money on my knife collection and then what happens?  Mac sends me a PM offering a Torch.  I just couldn't do it, not enough cash.   >:(

Oh well, you guys carry on with your fantastic infrared/visible photon blasters!  8)  I'll just piddle around with my puny XR-E/SSC project.   :yawn:

Dave

Bummer

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 01:13:55 AM »

Dave

That IS a bummer.  But, hey, look at the bright side: you own a brass Cub!   :thumbup: :woot:

Offline WAVE_PARTICLE

• Sweeet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »
Put me back on this list.......  :thumbup:

I got a Torch now (again).

I have a couple of shiny lights!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 05:27:19 PM »
nice!

Offline WAVE_PARTICLE

• Sweeet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »
nice!

Well....it just looks like a regular MAG, but with finned heads....but we all know what's inside.....  ;)
I have a couple of shiny lights!

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 06:19:23 PM »
nice!
Well....it just looks like a regular MAG, but with finned heads....but we all know what's inside.....  ;)

whats inside?  ;)

nice light AND photo!