Author Topic: CreeXR-E's  (Read 3396 times)

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
CreeXR-E's
« on: October 27, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »
Just got one of these bad boys. Has anyone installed in any lights yet. This one is for my Big Head chammie when I get done testing. I see McLux has a light a two using the Cree. I know the big head will help focus better. Any interest, as I may purchase a reel? :D

Offline WAVE_PARTICLE

• Sweeet!
    • View Profile
Re: CreeXR-E's
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:28:21 PM »
I managed to get myself an A19-XR-E from the Sandwich Shoppe.  It uses a Cree XR-E on a modified 19mm reflector.  I'll provide a full report when I get it!   :thumbup:

Donald
I have a couple of shiny lights!

Offline tonyd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 08:35:05 PM »
So your one of the 2. I thought about it this morning about 9am est when I went back it was gone. Good work :thumbup: I think the one I have will work well in the bighead chammie, plus 160+ lumens ;)

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »
i want one! lol
nemul

Offline milkyspit

• Builder For Hire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:06:33 AM »
I've got big plans for these in my Project-M builds but so far have no Cree XR-E's! Can anyone come to the rescue and score me a few samples? PM if so! The higher the flux, the better... and if you send 6, I'll build 3 into YOUR Project-M build and credit the value of the other 3 against your build cost!  8)

EricMack

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:59:38 AM »
I've got big plans for these in my Project-M builds but so far have no Cree XR-E's! Can anyone come to the rescue and score me a few samples? PM if so! The higher the flux, the better... and if you send 6, I'll build 3 into YOUR Project-M build and credit the value of the other 3 against your build cost!  8)

That would be saweeet!!  But you'd have to go make some major changes to your chart... :thumbup:

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 12:06:46 PM »
Scott, I love the custom stuff you do.  I think you should create your own separate thread here in the Materials/Theories/Fabrication section just to show it all.   :thumbup:

Offline milkyspit

• Builder For Hire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:29:36 PM »
Scott, I love the custom stuff you do.  I think you should create your own separate thread here in the Materials/Theories/Fabrication section just to show it all.   :thumbup:

Dad, will do! But not right this second... gotta take my son to soccer... and I'm still trying to wake up enough to drive safely!  :yawn:

Offline WAVE_PARTICLE

• Sweeet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
ooohh!  Milky is going Cree, huh?  Sweeeeet!
Looking forward to your thread!

Donald
I have a couple of shiny lights!