Author Topic: HID Lights (Photos & Talk) Helios - Rayzors - Xeray - Polarion - etc  (Read 45978 times)

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
Re: HID Lights (Photos & Talk) Helios - Rayzors - Xeray - Polarion - etc
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 03:28:02 AM »
when you get time can you take some pics of your bulb and reflector? so i can see how far off mine is... :)
nemul

Offline NAW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 05:36:03 AM »
Does anybody know if the Rayzorlite at 50W and set to its tightest focus can outhrow a Thor 10 million spotlight?

Offline tdurand

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 06:20:19 AM »
I finally got time to take some poor photos of the two Xerays I own. The beam shots are from the barnburner .

Major external differences between the two
50 watt Xeray

bottom plate

Rear specs

Barnburner

Switch and battery indicator changed

Plate is more robust

Specs on BB

Outside

Inside with same salt wedge

Mac's Torch for reference

Two great lights IMO

T
 :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:22:22 AM by tdurand »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
  • Send me all your lights!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 08:49:47 AM »
Does anybody know if the Rayzorlite at 50W and set to its tightest focus can outhrow a Thor 10 million spotlight?

Uh - no  a Thor has what a 9" reflector and the RL has 4-4.5"?  Even a $30 thor will outthrow most lights just due to the reflector size....  The Thor (normal and costco HID version) look like lazers due to their reflector size....
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline NAW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 09:36:52 AM »

Uh - no  a Thor has what a 9" reflector and the RL has 4-4.5"?  Even a $30 thor will outthrow most lights just due to the reflector size....  The Thor (normal and costco HID version) look like lazers due to their reflector size....

I hope you guys don't mind if I post a picture from one of the shootouts from the Rayzorlite/Rayzorbeam review?

These pictures were done by LIPS and I just took them from the Review...

Just wondering was the Rayzorlite in this shootout set to its default setting( unfocused)?  IF they were unfocused then wouldn't a focused Rayzorlite throw much more farther than the Thor 15 MCP?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:44:46 AM by NAW »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 09:46:48 AM »
Notice how the Thor shots have no spill (well next to no spill) - it is like focusing sunlight with a magnifying glass....
Dragon, Ti, and Classic Chammies, Blk, Bare, & Brass LCs, Blk & Bare LHs, X990, Rayzorlite, The Torch, Mag85, MagGH24, SF C3, C2, 6P, G2, & Winelights, Peak Caribbean, Pacific, McKinnleys, + more , Exolion Ti, Orb Raw NS, SS Gatlight, Eternalights, Nuwai QIII, Inova X5THAs, X1, ARCs, + more?

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 11:46:02 AM »

B.T.W. does anybody know if they have to wait a minute to shut off there Razyorlite?  With my AE 24W HID it is recommend to leave it on for a minute to allow the halide salts in the arc tube to atomize.  Does that "leave it on for one minute" rule apply to the Rayzorlite as well?

I wish I knew.   BTW 8 sec on the AE24 is not too bad…

I took these primarily to show how major the difference is between 3 different watt-class HIDs.  It only includes the Helios on your list. 

Any light you want to show is fine (etc).  The Helios from what I hear/see has one of the best if not the best combination Spot - Flood for my taste...   The small hole reflector with the strike wire being close to the bulb is great...

NAW, the RayzorLite is very easy to operate using the boost, it is a well thought out light that balances perfectly in your hand. It actually feels lighter than the Helios. Just not very easy to take beamshots in boost mode if your by yourself. I turn mine off and on all the time without waiting. I misplaced my owners manual, but I'm sure I read you can do instant re-strikes with it. Maybe LIPS will chime in and verify this. Geologist, Sorry, I never do runtime tests, most of my lights I just play around with. Here are the weights of the four lights using a very accurate scale. RayzorLite = 3.48 lbs. Helios = 3.02 lbs. BarnBurner = 4.56 lbs and the LK14 = 4.90 lbs. 

I used a common small trigger clamp from Lowes to put the Rayzors in boost for the beamshots.

Rayzors and Helios have instant restrike. Not sure about waiting before turning them off like the X990 (3 min rec). You’ll notice an in-rush of current at first on these HID’s so probably prudent not to click any of them on and off very quickly…

I believe Helios has a 1.5 hour runtime. About the same as the Xeray 50 (104mins) and the Rayzors on Boost 50w…

The test unit in the photos was set to the tightest focus the STIPPLE reflector could give. The large bumps give quite a flood. I did a ceiling bounce test and measured with a light meter less lumen out-put on the RL at 32w vs X990 at 35w. I measured 28% more lumens on the RL on boost (50w) than the X990 (35w). The beam-shots show a good representation of where the lumens are going...

Larry K did a wall-bounce test with a light meter and got 3 X the lumen output with the RayzorLite on Boost vs of the AE 24 watt.   He said the output difference was NOT as noticable visually outside...

Some BeamShot Here     Post 1 and Post 56

The 15 Mil Thor and Costco HID with their Huge Reflectors are superior throwers…

Click below image for More Pixels and enables windows Zoom Mode to really look down-range

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 12:05:16 PM by Lips »
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline Larry K

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
If you compare the RayzorLite v2 on boost to the X990, you can see that most of the lumens of the v2 RayzorLite are on the ground and not the tree. We need a better reflector for our RayzorLites for it to realy shine. The v1 RayzorLite with the smooth reflector looks much better.

Codeman

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:27:31 PM by Codeman »

Offline Geologist

• Flashaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »
I would like to have both reflectors available - very often the floodier (is that a word?) of the two reflectors is great for me since the light would already reach out to the limits of my vision....

Of course I am hoping my RL shows up tommorow!

Offline nemul

• Flashaholic
  • ChamSeoul
    • View Profile
    • ::adam::
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »
yea i want a SMO
nemul

Offline NAW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 01:17:43 AM »
yea i want a SMO

Oh yeah and afforadable also! :P  8)

Offline Rayzorbeam

• View Profile
    • RAYZORBEAM
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 02:07:46 AM »
yea i want a SMO

Oh yeah and afforadable also! :P  8)

JUST LIKE IN THE SONG: Forum & Rayzor

Good things may come to those who wait---and we hope it will not be too late-- when it is ready for market----- ITwill be very affordable
No commitment regarding time or when it will be available,as we are busy with production of lights at the moment.

We still pondering with the idea of having an Anodized aluminum reflector head or create another plastic injection mold for the reflector heads.
Quantity is the name of the game, and if the volume is not going to be there for that accessory, it will not be economical to go for the molds as the costs are astronomical.

We will update you when we have the Rayzor heads in stock.

Reuv

Offline Lips

• Flashaholic
  • Mighty Fine :>) - Tasha Nicole and Marisa Miller
    • View Profile
    • Paypal = vdcjr@comcast.net
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 04:49:30 AM »
NAW, the RayzorLite is very easy to operate using the boost, it is a well thought out light that balances perfectly in your hand. It actually feels lighter than the Helios. Just not very easy to take beamshots in boost mode if your by yourself. I turn mine off and on all the time without waiting. I misplaced my owners manual, but I'm sure I read you can do instant re-strikes with it. Maybe LIPS will chime in and verify this. Geologist, Sorry, I never do runtime tests, most of my lights I just play around with. Here are the weights of the four lights using a very accurate scale. RayzorLite = 3.48 lbs. Helios = 3.02 lbs. BarnBurner = 4.56 lbs and the LK14 = 4.90 lbs.  

OK Larry took your recommedation and went by the post office for some scale time; I never thought about doing that. Slipped in some shots after mailing some NSF checks to the DA's office  :evil6:

RayzorLite = 4.14 lbs     RayzorBeam = 4.58 lbs          (I'll weigh my Xeray later as it arrives Friday)

Xeray = 5.62 lbs

Click photos to expand them

Helios

3lbs 9.2 ounces

RayzorLite

RayzorBeam

Xeray

Cheers

. :whip2:     Ruev   Get back to work!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:14:46 PM by Lips »
Fire Foxes FF4 in stock and ready to ship.
You can send me a PM me here at site or contact me directly at FireFoxes@comcast.net for information.
Prices and info at the top of this post:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=13795.0

Offline arewethereyetdad

• Flashaholic
  • 2008 National Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Cool, Lips!  Now that you've taken photos inside the US postal service, which is a Class B felony, you can slap 'em up right on the wall next to your mug shot!  :thumbup: